Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2010, 04:56 PM
Large Rat

Question Troll Shadowknight Deity

Hey all, To the people heading this server up, thank you so much for it, appreciate it.. really brings me back to the old days of Rallos Zek, when I started a DE Necromancer so long ago in '99, and found DoTs and pet get kill and you don't get loot on players, so I just made a wizard and and old SK and tore into everyone haha. Was an epic monk present for the Kerafyrm kill, but was branded PK by then and I couldn't FD down to the bottom when they were fighting to try to mess up the raid :P Trick is to FD and get up when the wraiths are casting, fun to go PVP once in awhile when I was on RZ for a little funsies, but this is really great, less hassle and more teamwork. Besides I kinda put that behind me long ago but anyways..Oh ya! thanks for the ole skeleton models!

** My question is about a Troll Shadowknight - there are two deities, Cazic Thule and Innoruuk - are there any specific reasons to go with one over the other? I think its just items that are deity based, able to be used by that particular religion, but I'm not sure which to choose - on an aesthetic note I would probably go with Innoruuk just as an act of blasphemy in the face of the faceless Troll creator, Cazic Thule, but I'm unsure..I know it would not maketh me a pawn to the ruuk! I always had an affinity for the Plane of Hate though - Fear was great too, but what reason would I go with either deity? Just items or quests? Faction doesn't matter probably- they are both as evil, and one accepts the other just as well everywhere - but if its items, anyone have a list for the Troll Shadowknight deity specific items and/or quests, if there are some? Here's some lore I found and pasted:

Lore:
Grimgash ordered a keep built around the cave. Thus began the order now called the Shadowknights of Night Keep. The newly initiated troll shadowknights
under Warlord Grimgash were sent into this cavern to receive a vision from Cazic Thule thus setting the path of their destiny. Through the guidance of the
visions granted by The Eyes of Cazic Thule, the shadowknights of Night Keep led several successful campains against the Frogloks of Guk. The eyes revealed
to Cazic's faithful trolls the hiding places of the Frogloks and the Frogloks advances on Grobb before they came to pass. As the years passed and the swamps
rose beneath Grobb, water and sludge began to swallow The Eyes of Cazic Thule. The shadowknights of Night Keep tried to keep the swamp at bay but
eventually the cavern became submerged beneath Grobb, The Eyes of Cazic Thule lost to the new generations of Shadowknights. Without the influence of
The Eyes of Cazic Thule, the Teir'Dal of Neriak found it easier to persuade young trolls into the service of Innoruuk, and Night Keep became an army divided
between two Gods. It is whispered in the shadows of Night Keep that should one of Cazics faithful reach The Eyes of Cazic Thule beneath the waters and
sludge of the swamp and survive, they shall become the mightiest of all shadowknights and shall lead Grobb in victories unparalleled by the great warlords of days gone by.

Thanks for da read, maybe somewun knoes abut dis stuff - me iz bekoming trol...slowlee melting into trol form...Rawr!
Last edited by SkullThrone; 09-05-2010 at 05:09 PM..
Old 09-05-2010, 05:13 PM
Planar Protector

I always wondered why you couldn't change your religion in Everquest. In real life I can change my religion. I think if you're agnostic and you go on an Inny raid, your religion should automatically change.
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
[50 (sometimes 49) Bard] Wolfram Alpha (Half Elf) ZONE: oasis
Old 09-05-2010, 06:24 PM
Banned

How does killing a god make you any less agnostic?
Old 09-05-2010, 06:44 PM
Sarnak

Agnosticism is the view that the truth value of certain claims—especially claims about the existence or non-existence of any deity, but also other religious and metaphysical claims—is unknown or unknowable

says google.

so if you killed him, now you know. and that's half the battle.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-05-2010, 06:58 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryuut1 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Agnosticism is the view that the truth value of certain claims—especially claims about the existence or non-existence of any deity, but also other religious and metaphysical claims—is unknown or unknowable

says google.

so if you killed him, now you know. and that's half the battle.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And now he's dead, so atheism would be the next logical step =)
Old 09-05-2010, 07:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryuut1 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

says google. [/IMG]
You cherrypicked a defintion.

someone who is doubtful or noncommittal about something
Old 09-05-2010, 07:23 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You cherrypicked a defintion.

someone who is doubtful or noncommittal about something
haha, you're arguing it further, whatta douche =P

did you atleast like the picture
Old 09-05-2010, 07:34 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowWulf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And now he's dead, so atheism would be the next logical step =)
How does killing a god make you any less agnostic?

was the question at hand
Old 09-05-2010, 07:45 PM
Planar Protector

It's not so much "killing" a God as confirming the existence of one. I think this was pretty obvious?
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
[50 (sometimes 49) Bard] Wolfram Alpha (Half Elf) ZONE: oasis
Old 09-05-2010, 07:48 PM
Sarnak

unless someone took it super serial, and said "THIS IS NO GOD I HAFT KILLED HIM!!1"