Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2014, 03:03 PM
Large Bat

Default Level 16 Druid Need Advice

So 1-16 was pretty easy, i went to EC to level with friends early on with my halfling, then from 6-16 i was in and around the crushbone area and i have to attribute the pads and belts for a few of my levels which was awesome. Now that i've outleveled crushbone im not sure what i should do. I went over to east karana to try to do charm killing but my charms break randomly and its not very efficient at my level, maybe im doing something wrong?

The only method thats working for me is root/rot but since my root is only about 36 seconds long and it usually takes me 90 seconds to kill a mob i go through a lot of mana and can only really kill blues since whites and yellows break root way too fast.

I checked Oasis as well by the crocs and there i was actually able to easily charm kill caimans but its so populated there with people so not enough mobs for me really.

Should i just try grouping?
Old 08-14-2014, 03:07 PM
Planar Protector

Go to EK and do charming. If your charms break a lot, that's because the monsters you're targeting are too high level. You want to target low-level dark blues. You need to get a sense for which monsters are high dark blue and which ones are low dark blue. Charming takes a little getting used to but it's ultimately the fastest way to level in the game, outside of bard kiting.
Need a port or a rez? Hit me up on IRC!
Old 08-14-2014, 03:47 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Go to EK and do charming. If your charms break a lot, that's because the monsters you're targeting are too high level. You want to target low-level dark blues. You need to get a sense for which monsters are high dark blue and which ones are low dark blue. Charming takes a little getting used to but it's ultimately the fastest way to level in the game, outside of bard kiting.
Maybe at level 17 it'd be a little better, the only mobs that i can efficiently charm are the snakes but it can be annoying because of their poison so they dont always end up low on hp and i have to still do like 50% damage to one of em to kill.

I was actually planning on playing with a necro friend soon and just root, dot, fear, and auto attack a mob, that would be pretty quick kills i'd imagine
Old 08-14-2014, 04:44 PM
Kobold

Try this... Stay in EK and kill what you can however you can, charm, Rot, Kite.

While there look for rogues you can team up with. With the rogue, snare kite stuff. Use flame lick to keep stuff chasing you, 3 will usually do it. Very little down time as snare and flame lick are cheap and the rogue will not need any healing.

You get to run around instead of sitting on your ass and the rogue gets to back stab his heart out.
Old 08-14-2014, 05:49 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duncon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Try this... Stay in EK and kill what you can however you can, charm, Rot, Kite.

While there look for rogues you can team up with. With the rogue, snare kite stuff. Use flame lick to keep stuff chasing you, 3 will usually do it. Very little down time as snare and flame lick are cheap and the rogue will not need any healing.

You get to run around instead of sitting on your ass and the rogue gets to back stab his heart out.
Hmmm intriguing idea, just not so easy to always find a rogue lurking [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-14-2014, 08:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malinkadink [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Maybe at level 17 it'd be a little better, the only mobs that i can efficiently charm are the snakes but it can be annoying because of their poison so they dont always end up low on hp and i have to still do like 50% damage to one of em to kill.

I was actually planning on playing with a necro friend soon and just root, dot, fear, and auto attack a mob, that would be pretty quick kills i'd imagine
I did EK charming starting at level 14 and it was great. You do not need to do 50% of damage to either monster to get full EXP. The method I used was: charm one, send on another, manage aggro until both are low HP, remove charm (via hide/invis to animals), finish off both. This gives you full EXP for both monsters and uses virtually no mana. Another popular method (probably better, TBH) is: charm one, send on another, wait until one of them is low HP, remove charm, finish off the low HP one, charm the remaining one, find another monster, continue. Again, full EXP.

Once you get good at charming you will find that it is much faster EXP than any method not involving charming.
Old 08-14-2014, 08:18 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I did EK charming starting at level 14 and it was great. You do not need to do 50% of damage to either monster to get full EXP. The method I used was: charm one, send on another, manage aggro until both are low HP, remove charm (via hide/invis to animals), finish off both. This gives you full EXP for both monsters and uses virtually no mana. Another popular method (probably better, TBH) is: charm one, send on another, wait until one of them is low HP, remove charm, finish off the low HP one, charm the remaining one, find another monster, continue. Again, full EXP.

Once you get good at charming you will find that it is much faster EXP than any method not involving charming.
I may have worded it improperly, but what i meant was a situation where your charmed pet fighting an equal mob of the same species even can at times beat the living snot out of the target so you end up hiding/invis and end up killing the low mob in a hit or two but then are left to deal with your former pet thats still at 50%. I suppose it can't always be perfect where they are both 10-20%. I guess i could just recharm that one heal it and see how the next fight goes.
Old 08-14-2014, 08:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malinkadink [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I may have worded it improperly, but what i meant was a situation where your charmed pet fighting an equal mob of the same species even can at times beat the living snot out of the target so you end up hiding/invis and end up killing the low mob in a hit or two but then are left to deal with your former pet thats still at 50%. I suppose it can't always be perfect where they are both 10-20%. I guess i could just recharm that one heal it and see how the next fight goes.
Don't need to heal it. Recharm it, send it at something, when the pet is almost dead break charm, kill it, and charm the new mob. Alternatively, as a druid you can easily manage aggro so that both mobs are low HP at the same time. Basically, when you charm something, send it against a mob that's somewhat stronger. If your pet is lower HP than the mob, use low-mana spells like snare and flame lick to kite the mob while your pet beats on it. TBH though, all of this is probably not even worth it if you can just charm again when your old pet dies.
Old 08-15-2014, 04:14 AM
Sarnak

Alternatively you can just move to unrest and solo the trash mobs in the entrance or courtyards. Once you level a bit you can try main room or even upstairs. Also you can find some groups there (normally it's a kinda crowded zone). Unrest is probably one of the fastest experience in game.

If you want to try the solo way and don't like EK, try Lake of Ill Omen. I did my 18-23 levels there soloing/duoing, great for a druid. Also lately there are some groups even in the sarnak fort ledges, so better yet.

Gav
Old 08-15-2014, 09:32 AM
Kobold

Seems to me wisps and bears in NK was good at that level too. Not bad loot with the light stone turn ins as well.