Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 07-28-2014, 07:09 PM
Banned

Default Enchanter solo tactics 55+

Hi guys - this isnt so much a thread about where to solo as an enchanter but.. how to efficiently do it.

My problem when I'm soloing stems from a couple of things but one of which is me wanting to get chain pulls - I know that aint right for soloing.. or is it? i dont freeking know... So I have some questions.

#1. Is it better to continue with the charm 1v1 when they are both low root/breakcharm/killpet/killtarget - med up?

#2. Charm 1v2 - mez/root the 2 targets - kill pet - charm another, try to keep 1v2 (this one is more difficult because you have 3 potential aggro mobs it is no easy)?

#3. Charm 1 - Haste - attack 1 at a time, debuffing the target and keeping my pet alive and just shrugging off the pet XP penalty?

I want to do #3 - because I find it is more mana efficient and relaxing that #1 and especially #2. But I dont know if the penalty is bad enough that I should avoid doing this and I should do style #1 or #2 instead?

What do ye say? Thanks!
Old 07-28-2014, 09:04 PM
Sarnak

I always did #1 while leveling but it may have been because #2 wasn't exactly a thing I had thought of. You lose 1/2 the xp per kill from #3 and rather than killing both your pet and the enemy you just kill the enemy, still with buffs and stuff it might be faster if you could continually chain enemies, but a single battle with #3 is theoretically 1/4 the xp of #1 unless you break your pet and recharm after killing, which would make it take almost as much mana as #1 anyway.
Old 07-28-2014, 09:22 PM
Planar Protector

Pretty sure you want to charm a pet, weaponize it, haste it, lvl4 mez it and root it. Get a new pet, have it fight your beast pet. Break new pet and kill. Keep beastmode mob rooted. It will blender your pets and you can keep him rooted the whole time. If you have mana issues lvl4 mez and let him reset.

Can usually get like 4-5 mobs killed before you need to mez and let your weaponized beast mob regen to full. Then repeat. Just keep him tashed and rooted the whole time.
Old 07-28-2014, 09:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pretty sure you want to charm a pet, weaponize it, haste it, lvl4 mez it and root it. Get a new pet, have it fight your beast pet. Break new pet and kill. Keep beastmode mob rooted. It will blender your pets and you can keep him rooted the whole time. If you have mana issues lvl4 mez and let him reset.

Can usually get like 4-5 mobs killed before you need to mez and let your weaponized beast mob regen to full. Then repeat. Just keep him tashed and rooted the whole time.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

wow thanks!

uh heh.. do you recommend weapons to use? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-28-2014, 09:51 PM
Planar Protector

Torch

Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 59 Shaman
Lemonspoon Icebeaner - 52 Enchanter
Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 60 Enchanter
Old 07-28-2014, 10:42 PM
Banned

Thanks Yumyies - Hey I got a question about weapons on that note.. I heard that if you give your pet a 2h wep then a torch and then a second 2h wep, he owuld be infact duel wielding 2 2h weps, is this true?

Do weapons really make the pet stronger? like if you gave it 2 lamentations would it do more damage than if you gave it 2 fine steel 2h swords (presuming the torch trick worked) or 2 fine steel 1h swords?

I haven't fond a definitive guide to pet weapons - if there is one and someone knows it could they either link it or give me something other than "pet weapons" as phrases to search for?

And finally if you give your pet armor, does it become stronger? Can you increase its AC by giving it a set of fine steel?

thanks!
Old 07-30-2014, 09:39 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

EXP intake is increased with each mob you have rooted within melee range of your pet. 2 weaponized pet blenders are better than one!
Old 07-30-2014, 10:02 AM
Planar Protector

Pets don't dual wield 2h on this server. I haven't tried your torch thing but... 2handers just make your pet do double the DMG listed on the 2h. Excluding Weighted Axe, most 2h cap around 30, which would be 60-70 DMG. At level 50, all most innately hit for more than that. Meaning DW of 2h would be useless. Infact most all weapons are useless when given to pets. There are only 2 goals for pet weapons:

1. Getting the mob to dual wield. This is the biggest one. Having it DW instead of single arming can nearly double the DPS output of a mob. Especially when coupled with haste.
2. Procs. Generally damage procs aren't worth it. People opt for more utility stuff. Snare, Root, Stun, Tashan.
  • Torch is an option cause it makes them swing with both fists, is cheap, and occupies only 1 bag slot.
  • Gnoll Hide Lariats are good because they will stun your mob and this will decrease the amount of damage your pet takes less damage.
  • Blade of the Earthcaller are good cause they proc root on your pet, are cheap and common in Droga. Great weapon for your blender pet cause there is a chance when you break your fodder pets the blender already rooted him for you.
  • Journeyman's Walking Stick is a good one, less so for a chanter though. It's a bit more expensive but only 300-400, which is solid if you are going to be camping somewhere for a long duration. Having it tash your pet is handy but again more a necro thing.
  • Deadwood Staves are like a 25 point lifetap proc which is useful for maintaining health on a pet. Common drop in Kaesora so they are cheap.
  • Fine Steel Weapons are good just because they are weapons of opportunity in that they drop from the mobs you're killing so you never have to go buy more you can just loot them and feed them to your pet.

There are a few snare weapons out there too but in dungeons, before the snare stacking fix in Velious they aren't worth mentioning IMO.

AC does work on pets but the effect is so negligible, IMO, that it isn't worth carrying around banded armor for.

Speed of double weaponized blenders does not warrant risk of root breaks, especially since the resist changes of late.
Old 07-30-2014, 10:18 AM
Banned

CHA buff self
Tash mob
See if you can get a shaman or mage around to malise it in exchange for clarity 2 (repeat as necessary, makes a difference)
Give pet 2 weapons
Haste
Charm lasts forever here
Profit

Real complicated tactics I kno
Old 07-30-2014, 10:29 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
CHA buff self

Charm lasts forever here
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]