Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 12-18-2009, 06:17 PM
Banned

Default Thex Dagger doesn't work

Aeolwind, the quest doesn't work, even though you keep saying it does. Tearon doesn't give the hero text. He mentions a paladin from felwithe (not the right text) but doesn't respond to it. Lenya has NO text whatsoever. Lenya doesn't accept the bracer. Tearon (he's in his skeleton silent watch form btw not his Thex Dagger high elf form) tells you to go to Mistress Anna with the bracer... huh? That's the Shield of the Silent Watch NPC, a qyest which shouldn't be in the game if the Thex Dagger is in. The bracer was used in both quests which is causing confusion. Giving the bracer to Mistress Anna causes her to eat it.

This quest is broken on about 20 different levels.
Last edited by Reiker; 12-18-2009 at 06:22 PM..
Old 12-22-2009, 11:35 AM
Banned

Would just like to add that the Shield of the Silent Watch is also broken, since Mistress Anna tells you to kill an NPC in Highpass... well, that NPC is a merchant so you can't loot him, he also carries negative highkeep faction so now I'm trashing factions trying to figure out how the hell you implemented this quest here.
Old 12-22-2009, 11:52 AM
Planar Protector

Are you trying to do this quest alone?

I have read that you kind of need to be in 2 places at once to do the quest or at the very least have access to gate and/or port.
Last edited by guineapig; 12-22-2009 at 11:54 AM..
Old 12-22-2009, 11:55 AM
Planar Protector

Some info, not sure if this is how it's implemented here though:

Posted: Oct 30th 2001 4:46pm
Anyone that could bind could do this quest by themselves, I got 7 of these total, gave them to my guild and kepy 3 for myself. It was a very easy quest to do for a druid, it only took 10 minutes from start to finish. You would just give the note to the princess, gate dowstairs to catch the guy before he disappeared and that was it. then you just teleported to butcher and ran to kaladim. I still got them on Povar, and NO ONE seems to have ever heard of them nor do they believe me when i tell them the stats!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted: Apr 13th 2001 3:23am
The quest was removed, due to being broken, over a year ago. I have two of them, on different characters. Basically, it was an errand boy quest in Highkeep, that yield a note that you took to Felwithe for the dagger. The problem was that a spawn trigger was incorrectly set, requiring the spawn (and therefore the quester) to be in two places at once. The way around it was to use two people and split-second timing.

Cellarius Lemmus, the Twelve of Never, Innoruuk.
"Omnia quia sunt, umbra sunt."
Old 12-22-2009, 12:16 PM
Banned

k I'll try to break this down without giving away how to complete the quest. If a GM wants to contact me for specific texts, go for it. I'll try my best. The quest is supposed to start by hailing Princess Lenia (basement), and she's SUPPOSED to tell you to talk to the High Elf Tearon to help free her. Note that Tearon on this server is in the wrong location and a skeleton, not a high elf like he originally was on live. 2 issues.

Now, Tearon is supposed to have a few paragraphs of text when you hail him. Here all he does it warn you about the Teir'Dal (I think this is his Silent Watch text). Even though he doesn't give the text if you ask him Where is Princess Lenia he'll get about half the original text correctly. When you responded to the text originally he'd give you Tearon's Bracer, but he doesn't seem to respond to any of his text here. However, you can tell him "all is not bright above the clouds" for the Tearon's Bracer, however this is 100% Silent Watch Shield quest, which also used his bracer. It seems like everything is set up for the Shield of the Silent Watch, which replaced the Thex Dagger, so that quest shouldn't even be in the game. Matter of fact, when you tell him that, it gives a nice message like "I don't know WTF I'm supposed to say here so get yo ho back and give this to the Highkeep Hussy." That would be Mistress Anna who is for the Shield of the Silent Watch, not the Thex Dagger. >3 issues.

Now you're supposed to give the bracer to Princess Lenya (notice the difference, also different location.)... but all we have here is the "false" princess who doesn't respond to anything. Giving her the bracer gives no text and she gives it back and doesn't trigger the spawn to do the infamous split second trade. 2 issues.

Can't continue further, since it's broken, and by broken, I mean completely unimplemented.
Old 12-22-2009, 12:22 PM
Banned

BTW to clarify, Princess Lenia = Dark Elf necromancer in disguise in the basement. Once you get the bracer from Tearon you're supposed to give it to Princess Lenya, who was behind the hidden picture wall on the 4th floor. She doesn't exist on this server which I feel is the major issue [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-22-2009, 07:49 PM
Aviak

I have pretty much the entire layout for this quest including all dialogue and faction changes if the devs need it. I won't post it here for it might spoil too much unless the devs say its ok.
Old 01-04-2010, 03:59 PM
Banned

Bump!
Old 01-06-2010, 02:14 PM
Fire Giant

Also bump =/
Old 01-08-2010, 05:02 AM
Aviak

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread