Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-08-2014, 08:09 AM
Sarnak

Default An idea I would like a dedicated streamer to pull off.

I was thinking about something that I would really like to see, but I'm not sure if anyone would be willing to do it.

I think it would be great to see a group of a few people play p99 up to 60 as if the server were fresh, chronicling the journey of gearing up and progressing without using EC - just earning gear on your own merits like the server is brand new. Which dungeons would you crawl, which mobs would you camp - things within or below the level range of the group.

In a sense, I'd like to see it because I don't know how I would handle the game if there ever were a fresh server. I've always been late to the party in EQ, when EC is filled with cheap gear and it's easy to out gear a lot of the lower level content.

I'd be really interested in how a fresh group would gear up a warrior (or any tank for that matter). What priority would you have for gearing? Would it be tank, then healer, and then cc/dps?

Would you rush up trade skills for banded? Would you go for vendor bought bronze/fine steel first? I'm really curious. Weapons, etc.

Anyways, I think this kind of thing would be a really cool journey to chronicle. I guess one person could do it, but then in a sense you'd be joining groups with people that out gear content. Obviously a necro or some other solo class could do 1-60 naked, so I'd really be looking for a group-based journey to check out.
Old 06-08-2014, 08:43 AM
Planar Protector

The beginning of a server is always the most fun. Sad you missed out.. Try red, it's as close as you can get.
Old 06-08-2014, 08:49 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treefall [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think it would be great to see a group of a few people play p99 up to 60 as if the server were fresh, chronicling the journey of gearing up and progressing without using EC - just earning gear on your own merits like the server is brand new.
People "earned" gear on their own more when the server was young than they do now, although really, it's not like people weren't doing player-to-player trades on day 1 of p99. It sounds more like you're asking a few people to level 1-60 without ever interacting with anyone outside of themselves than to see a what play was like when the server was fresh.
Old 06-08-2014, 10:02 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pudge [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The beginning of a server is always the most fun. Sad you missed out.. Try red, it's as close as you can get.
One of the big appeals of red I think. Not everyone has a rubi BP, nocti blade, atramentous shield etc etc.

It's not for everyone, people seem to like ez mode/heavy twinking/Chardok AOE.
Old 06-08-2014, 10:09 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
One of the big appeals of red I think. Not everyone has a rubi BP, nocti blade, atramentous shield etc etc.

It's not for everyone, people seem to like ez mode/heavy twinking/Chardok AOE.
Yeah not everyone has those on red, only the griefers
Old 06-08-2014, 10:14 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champion_Standing [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah not everyone has those on red, only the griefers
Their presence is overstated, and they're not invincible.

If you're soloing in Unrest or wherever, you're already doing it wrong with the group xp bonus.

Make pals, stay grouped, keep fraps loaded.
Old 06-08-2014, 10:18 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
people seem to like ez mode/heavy twinking/Chardok AOE.
Not to mention massive XP bonuses and PNP.

Yeah. Red's sooooo hardcore.

Why is it so hard to admit that red is just different than blue or that someone who wants to blaze to 60 and then play there is just different than someone who wants to take a month to get through level 35?
Last edited by Tecmos Deception; 06-08-2014 at 10:20 AM..
Old 06-08-2014, 10:33 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not to mention massive XP bonuses and PNP.

Yeah. Red's sooooo hardcore.

Why is it so hard to admit that red is just different than blue or that someone who wants to blaze to 60 and then play there is just different than someone who wants to take a month to get through level 35?
you joined nihilum, you wouldnt understand
Old 06-08-2014, 10:40 AM
Planar Protector

Lol. Joined Nihilum in the last few days I was playing on red. Pretty sure that has nothing to do with my experience on the server [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-08-2014, 10:59 AM
Planar Protector

Thanks for derailing this thread with your red shitposting. Keep it on the correct forum please.
Closed Thread