Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2014, 02:46 PM
Fire Giant

Default Should I retire my 60 wizard?

Grouped seb last night with my three stuns, sunstrike and c2 and bard, and it didn't seem it mattered how well I interrupted or reserved mana, it was a joke compared to any melee's sustained dps. Thinking of just stripping my character and rerolling. wtf were they thinking with this class, they had two fucking expansions to fix it. Someone give me a reason not to.
Old 05-01-2014, 02:49 PM
Planar Protector

I no rite?

My warrior was unable to charm in Chardok last night. Games broken

Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 59 Shaman
Lemonspoon Icebeaner - 52 Enchanter
Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 60 Enchanter
Old 05-01-2014, 02:49 PM
Sarnak

I thought Wizards were burst, not sustained DPS...so you shouldnt expect to be on par with melee.

Plus the mobility/evac is nice...
Old 05-01-2014, 02:51 PM
Kobold

What two expansions? Do you raid? Take a break and come back in Velious sir/madame.
Planar Protector

ur wiz can be pretty effective with minimal investment. If you got expensive gear on him, probably better suited on a twink you can have fun with.
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scikala [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I thought Wizards were burst, not sustained DPS...so you shouldnt expect to be on par with melee.

Plus the mobility/evac is nice...
Sure there was a benefit of being able to burn down adds when there were overpulls (I always keept a 70-80% mana surplus), but the marginal benefit of that as NOT worth how much slower mobs went down during singles given just another melee.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yonkec [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What two expansions? Do you raid? Take a break and come back in Velious sir/madame.
I imagine I could raid, get my extra ~400-600 mana from raid gear and woopdie poop I can suck with prestigious gear and an extra nuke at FM. (oh and epic for that +1/tick)
Old 05-01-2014, 02:58 PM
Planar Protector

You have to like the class for what its good at, and stop hating it for what it can't do. You could just as easily compared your CC'ing. It just ain't gunna happen. Learn to use your nukes to even out the load... nuke down overpulls... med when things are slower. Have evac ready. Root/ghetto mez and stun (gaters especially) when needed.

Yes, when things are going well you are just utility, and could easily be replaced by a pet caster or melee dps.
Old 05-01-2014, 02:59 PM
Planar Protector

Come back during Planes of Power. Rogues suck and Wizards rock.
Old 05-01-2014, 03:02 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raavak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You have to like the class for what its good at, and stop hating it for what it can't do. You could just as easily compared your CC'ing. It just ain't gunna happen. Learn to use your nukes to even out the load... nuke down overpulls... med when things are slower. Have evac ready. Root/ghetto mez and stun (gaters especially) when needed.

Yes, when things are going well you are just utility, and could easily be replaced by a pet caster or melee dps.
A druid can do all of those things and much more. wizards are .47 dmg/mana more efficient though. As in druids do 3.2 damage/mana and wizards do 3.67. Nice try, though.
Old 05-01-2014, 03:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by sox7d [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A druid can do all of those things and much more. wizards are .47 dmg/mana more efficient though. As in druids do 3.2 damage/mana and wizards do 3.67. Nice try, though.
If your only concern is your ability within a standard 6 man group then wizard is not for you. They are good for soloing, mobility, raid bosses, and aoe groups.
Closed Thread