Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2010, 12:23 PM
Aviak

Default Is it just me?

So this is probably just my terrible luck but ... I was curious if it was all just random when summoning a pet as to it's level? because when i initially zone into hhk every summoned pet is ALWAYS lb upon zoning in. However when I move to the stairs between 1st an 2nd floor its always highest pet I can get and it is really weird, I was curious if any other mages or necro's noticed that about their summoned pets.

Also side note I sat at zoneline just a moment ago an casted 10 pets back to back, all was LB went to that stairwell i mentioned an instant highest lvl pet.
Old 08-19-2010, 02:29 PM
Kobold

I haven't experienced what you described, but I definitely can say that I usually have to cast between 5 and 10 pets to get an acceptable level pet. Sometimes it's worse and I can end up casting up to 15 pets to get a good one.

I forgot how much I hated this issue in live and was elated when it was changed so that summoned pets would be max level.
Old 08-19-2010, 02:34 PM
Aviak

Yea i know what you mean hehe. Just a major time sink when you get like you said 5 - 15 pets that are LB med resummon etc, just thought it was odd when i noticed that lil bit in hhk. Ill try again later on but it was most likely just me with a horrible streak on luck lol. Thx mate =p
Old 08-19-2010, 02:47 PM
Orc

Send a message via ICQ to KnuckleSangwich Send a message via AIM to KnuckleSangwich

I don't know about that issue, but I do notice that my friend who is the same level as my necro (he is a mage) ALWAYS casts higher level pets that mine. We have the same level pet spell but his pet is consistently 1-2 levels higher than mine and can hit significantly harder and backed with more HP.

Is this a bug or intended? I don't remember it being this way on live during the classic era.
Old 08-19-2010, 02:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnuckleSangwich [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't know about that issue, but I do notice that my friend who is the same level as my necro (he is a mage) ALWAYS casts higher level pets that mine. We have the same level pet spell but his pet is consistently 1-2 levels higher than mine and can hit significantly harder and backed with more HP.

Is this a bug or intended? I don't remember it being this way on live during the classic era.
Mages have the strongest pets in the game in Classic, by far. They do more damage, are more tanked and can be higher level relative to the caster as a mage than the 2nd best pets (Necros).
Old 08-19-2010, 03:56 PM
Kobold

Not critizing at all, but is this true? I always just assumed that the highest level necro pet would beat the highesy level, non focused mage pet, but I guess there are alot of variables there. Mages can choose the best pet for the circumstances, be it tanking, stuning, rooting, damage shield, etc.

Seems a bit OP to be honest, if thats the case, because mages also have the 2nd best nukes in the game (necros can dot all to hell, but still...)
Old 08-19-2010, 04:19 PM
Banned

Necro pets were the best in classic, especially at the high end. Mage pets maybe did more dps with sword of runes procs, but the 49 necro pet was a sick tank.
Old 08-19-2010, 04:23 PM
Aviak

Stat wise the mage pet was best. What made the necro pet better in a fight between them was the lifetap.
Branlenio Sprocketmender <Disciples of the Gods> -- Gnome Magician
Amahn <Disciples of the Gods> -- Wood Elf Druid
Alhbie Eurhuckelberry -- Erudite Paladin
Old 08-19-2010, 04:36 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Necro pets were the best in classic, especially at the high end. Mage pets maybe did more dps with sword of runes procs, but the 49 necro pet was a sick tank.
^
Also, necro pets with daggers were beast because the quick delay on the dagger would apply, but the damage did not. So you had necro pets quadding in the 40's-50's with 20 delay weapons.
Old 08-19-2010, 05:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunes [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not critizing at all, but is this true? I always just assumed that the highest level necro pet would beat the highesy level, non focused mage pet, but I guess there are alot of variables there. Mages can choose the best pet for the circumstances, be it tanking, stuning, rooting, damage shield, etc.

Seems a bit OP to be honest, if thats the case, because mages also have the 2nd best nukes in the game (necros can dot all to hell, but still...)
yeah, but if the pet dies, we die. its unlikely i'm getting off a 10 sec cast pet with mobs beating on me. give me root and FD, and i'll happily let necro pets = mage pets.

actually, to me, necro pets seem a bit overpowered here. on live they always seemed to suck, i never saw necro's letting the pet tank, it was always fear kiting. or maybe that was just higher level, kunark era
Closed Thread