Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-18-2010, 08:29 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default How deal with the insane run speed of mobs

It seems if your alone and have aggro just find a good spot to die, I cant seem get any of my old tricks years back to work they just run way too fast. I even got my first sow from a kind 40 druid passing in misty and I went to turn around and try my AE spell and they were right behind me, would not even get the spell to the half way point of casting, craziness. Does this effect druid kiting later on? Server seems more hardcore then even classic was.
Old 08-18-2010, 08:33 AM
Planar Protector

1) What class are you (I assume druid, but i want to be sure)
2) If you are trying to quad kite, what are you trying to quad kite, with what spell, and what level are you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbledorf View Post
I'll look into getting it changed to The Secret Order of the Silver Rose of Truth and Dragons.
Old 08-18-2010, 08:34 AM
Planar Protector

1. Make sure "run" is turned on.
2. Jump a lot while running.
3. Get a druid to cast SOW on you.
4. Get a Bard to follow you around casting selo's accelerando
5. Make sure you're not encumbered
6. Make sure your agility isn't extremely low
7. Make sure you're not bumping into any obstacles while running away. This is a common mistake.
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
[50 (sometimes 49) Bard] Wolfram Alpha (Half Elf) ZONE: oasis
Old 08-18-2010, 11:19 AM
Aviak

strafe run helps

"Yeeahh. Dervish Camps. These Dervish people hang out in camps and then you come and kill them. For their rings. Yeah."
Old 08-18-2010, 11:21 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

I wonder if I picked wrong server, is there two? The increased mob speed is so great to not have that validated immediately in this thread is a huge question mark. Case in point a 36 shaman gave me a sow in misty. Mooto and goblins agroed me. They still kept hitting me enough to kill me before the middle zone guards. 95 Agi and no I dont have walk on, 45/75 on weight list. I did a test root on green mob. I had 45 secs to run before it broke, the speed at which is caught up to me as I ran out some and sat confirms there is something unclassic about mob speed.
Old 08-18-2010, 11:24 AM
Aviak

Well something is certainly messed up on your end, I have had no issues out running a mob with sow period. The mob speed isn't that greatly increased I can assure you of that. If you yourself are having these issues there is a technical forum to help get it resolved, I would suggest posting in there.
Old 08-18-2010, 11:40 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by madara [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I wonder if I picked wrong server, is there two? The increased mob speed is so great to not have that validated immediately in this thread is a huge question mark. Case in point a 36 shaman gave me a sow in misty. Mooto and goblins agroed me. They still kept hitting me enough to kill me before the middle zone guards. 95 Agi and no I dont have walk on, 45/75 on weight list. I did a test root on green mob. I had 45 secs to run before it broke, the speed at which is caught up to me as I ran out some and sat confirms there is something unclassic about mob speed.
Yeah, i definitely quad kited mobs with sow. At level 16. You're missing something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbledorf View Post
I'll look into getting it changed to The Secret Order of the Silver Rose of Truth and Dragons.
Old 08-18-2010, 11:55 AM
Planar Protector

In my opinion mobs aren't fast enough. To aoe kite spectres I have to bring my agility down to 76 by encumbering myself with rusty scythes [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
Old 08-18-2010, 11:57 AM
Fire Giant

mob speed is higher on this server, but definitely not by enough to outrun sow.

also, isn't mooto a shaman? shaman mobs will put sow on any social-linked mobs around them.
Old 08-18-2010, 11:58 AM
Planar Protector

Oh yeah, it's important to know that, and also that some mobs are just insanely fast naturally (the named centaur in SK, for example, runs faster than all the other centaurs)
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
Closed Thread