Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 04-19-2014, 03:41 AM
Large Rat

Default I am back

Evening all,

just got my new copy of Titanium, and am just now loaded! been nearly 10 years since i played. there is nothing out in the mmo markt i want to play, so i knew this was gonna be a good time.

few issues though that i am hoping to get some help on. the login server page seems to be down, or i am doing something wrong. started on the Eqemulator site, but thats seems dated now? long story short, i am stuck. have access to both P1999, AND Eqemulator Forum pages, but cant get past that. The Loging page seems to load, but its blank.

any guidance someone can throw my would be appreciated. really looking forward to being back!

Ritewing, former uber Pally of Rallos Zek/Ascending dawn/Seekers of Divinity
Old 04-19-2014, 03:42 AM
Planar Protector

How many times have you tried? Try again.
Old 04-19-2014, 03:51 AM
Large Rat

the page seems down. trying for 2 hrs
Old 04-19-2014, 03:56 AM
Planar Protector

make sure your serverinfo file (not sure what its called) is updated to the appropriate ip

reboot machine? reboot router? reinstall eq? sometimes the last option there solves the craziest of problems..

good luck!
Old 04-19-2014, 04:09 AM
Planar Protector

try putting all your change in your left pocket and whistling Danny Boy in the key of E-Sharp Major
Old 04-19-2014, 07:39 AM
Fire Giant

This happens to me a lot, usually because I connect through the shittiest ISPs - but your best bet is to follow the directions provided by Rogean through the "getting started" link on the home page. Install EQ to a directory OTHER than 'program files' - download the P99 specific files, install them according to directions, then navigate to your install folder and double click on the 'launch titanium.bat' file.
Old 04-19-2014, 11:57 AM
Large Rat

Thx Nil...the issue i am having is not the game , but the login server. utilizing the link in section 2 of the "Getting Started-Play Guide" takes me to a blank page.

Page says this: http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/pro...do=loginserver
but it is a blank page.

think ill try the change in left pocket... [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-19-2014, 12:08 PM
Kobold

There are two logins. Or something. One for EQEmu(you have to register at their forums, the ones that the link took you to) then another here at the P99 forums(Where you obviously registered because we're having a conversation in these forums).
That being said: A few of the links in the "Getting Started" section are broken, I think. You might be better off googling around them, instead of clicking into them.

As for what Nilzark said: I think you do have to click LaunchTitanium.bat the first time you run it (that's probably in the getting started guide somewhere) and after that you can use the eqgame.exe link, but create a shortcut and add "patchme" to the end of the command line(probably in the guide somewhere too... if not, it's searchable in these fine forums)
Old 04-19-2014, 12:46 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Hensley [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thx Nil...the issue i am having is not the game , but the login server. utilizing the link in section 2 of the "Getting Started-Play Guide" takes me to a blank page.

Page says this: http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/pro...do=loginserver
but it is a blank page.

think ill try the change in left pocket... [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I had the same problem. They need to update the Getting Started guide. I think you just have to register on the left side of the main P99 page.
Old 04-19-2014, 01:38 PM
Large Rat

ok...im all dialed in on forums, game seems to be installed properly now.

what i cant seem to get to now is the Eqemulator. try to load game and it wants to "patch" still, even with the modified Eqhost correct.

Jesus...this is frustrating.

tried to load from icon on desktop...nada..
tried to load from Titanium.bat....nada...

nothing gets me to the Eqemulator screen
Closed Thread