Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2014, 10:59 AM
Aviak

Default Druid Charming... in Kedge?

Had an idea to try and charm kill in kedge later on, figuring that sharks and swordfish counted as animals, right? Am I nuts or would this be possible (hard is a given)?
Vlakraien - Wood Elf Druid | Liito (Atraydeez)- Dark Elf Cleric | Rahban (Haarkonin) - Troll Warrior | Stylgarr (Freman) - Barbarian Rogue | Pytur (Dvries) - Erudite Necromancer | Gernie (Hallek) - Human Bard
Old 04-07-2014, 08:17 PM
Kobold

Sure it's totally possible and great exp.

From 39-44/45 the entrance room was giving me around 6% a kill pair if I remember correctly. Impailers suck but you can usually get a higher level to kill them for you.

After the entrance greens out you have to move in deeper. If you can do it it's great exp but much more dangerous. I broke the second level a time or two but couldn't find a reliable way to do it. I wasn't able to find another spot deeper in either but I didn't try TOO hard. Instead I went to EJ till spirocs.
Old 04-07-2014, 09:13 PM
Planar Protector

Everything in kedge except Mermaids, Phinigel, and Aqua Goblin prisoners, are animals. Which is about 80% of the zone.

29-39/40 you can do 1st floor room exclusively. At low levels you want to snare 2 mobs and zone out (zoning back in with IVAnimal). Then you get up high in a corner and charm a mob there. At around 34, you can probably start using Lull Animal without too many critical fails.

Breaking 2nd floor at 40 is pretty rough. Especially if all 4 piercers are up. Best bet is just trying to lull and pull them 1 at a time down into the safe room down the south tube. Though you really only have ot break it once if you're planning on grinding for a long time. A few high level druid (myself included) will stop into kedge often. If you catch me or perhaps one of the other druids, they may help you break the 2nd floor.

Kedge can carry you 30-60 if you are patient with it and learn it well.
Old 04-08-2014, 10:23 AM
Aviak

That's what I'm kinda hoping, is to get my druid up to the point where I can stay in kedge for a long time. I know KK has a lot of great loot too, are any of those mobs soloable? Cauldronbubble looked a bit tough to do solo, but I'm Jon Snow on KK and druid soloing at this point.
Vlakraien - Wood Elf Druid | Liito (Atraydeez)- Dark Elf Cleric | Rahban (Haarkonin) - Troll Warrior | Stylgarr (Freman) - Barbarian Rogue | Pytur (Dvries) - Erudite Necromancer | Gernie (Hallek) - Human Bard
Old 04-09-2014, 01:39 PM
Kobold

Kedge Keep is still viable up into the 50s if you want to get ballsy and do the Seahorse Caves (lots of wizards, cleric, and druid mobs hunched together though). At 51 it's nearly a % per kill (pretty much every kill was a %, some weren't - keep in mind 51 is a hell level).

You have to use a bit of tact to split it effectively, but once you break the spawn it's a cake walk (just keep yourself bound outside and a gate ready. Also, extra fish scales stashed away somewhere since it's a bit of trek in to your corpse if you get popped).

At the same time - 51 - there's spawn down the tube at the entrance that still are lb/db and provide decent xp as well (without near as much risk).

I find the seahorse caves more engaging and fun though.

And yeah, Cauldronbubble is soloable.
Old 04-09-2014, 01:46 PM
Aviak

Cauldronbubble is soloable? Oooooooh. What's the strategy for that? Charm his shark buddy and let them go at it?
Old 04-09-2014, 02:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by LethClaypool [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
At 51 it's nearly a % per kill (pretty much every kill was a %, some weren't - keep in mind 51 is a hell level).
Your post was great. Just want to point out that 51 isn't REALLY a hell level. It is just the new normal. 54 and 59 are the hell levels in 5X.
Old 04-09-2014, 02:47 PM
Planar Protector

Cauldronbubble depends on your level. Pre Kunark I think I would charm the add shark haste it and sic it on bubble .

At level 60 I just charm bubble, bring him to 2nd floor and have him get eaten by the 4 piercers, Pirahna and shark on that level, breaking him around 5% to nuke dead.

Really need 50+ before Cauldronbubble is viable solo though.
Closed Thread