Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 12-02-2009, 01:57 AM
Banned

Default Martar Icebear

Issue 1: Supposed to rarely drop Cloak of the Icebear, doesn't seem to.
Issue 2: Not supposed to give any faction hits.
Issue 3: Supposed to be kos to "good" races.
Old 12-02-2009, 09:02 AM
Kobold

The cloak is not rare, the both drops of Martar (cloak and leggs) are 50 %
The other supposed are corrent in my opinion.

Martar and Kang are phs but the pop ratio is very favorable to Martar, like 20/1

Patoso
Old 12-02-2009, 09:27 AM
Planar Protector

I think you're a bit off there. Spawn rate seems to be about 50/50 with karg and martar. I've gotten about 13 cloak of the ice bears off Karg and 2 Giant Zwsfhhfdjsafhanders. Martar has always dropped the no drop kilt though, never the cloak.
Old 01-12-2010, 01:03 PM
Project Manager

Martar's loots fixed. The cloak had a .. very bad % of dropping and his loottable looked hideous.

Karg's loottable .. polished up. He was missing some general things.

#1. Should these guys be 50/50 on the same spawn?

#2. I can make a separate faction for them, but I need specifics as to what races they should KoS, and what should assist them, or who they should assist.
Old 01-12-2010, 01:45 PM
Kobold

Send a message via ICQ to vageta31 Send a message via AIM to vageta31 Send a message via Yahoo to vageta31

I've probably killed Martar at least 30 times before the patch and only once did I get the cloak. Not sure after the patch but I will find out soon enough.

Also not that it's a huge deal but there is something I noticed about Karg that is different from classic. I used to kill him all the time long before Kunark came out and he never had the GZ equipped even if he had it on him. This made it almost impossible to know if he had the GZ or cloak until you killed him. I say "almost" because there was a trick. The GZ was a major light source and you would know if he had it due to him glowing brightly while walking around. They later fixed this little issue by adding a lightstone in his normal loot table so you couldn't tell. Apparently back then they didn't want you know if he had the sword just by looking at him.

I also remember him being rarer than he is now. It's been a long time but I don't even remember if he had a placeholder or if he simply on a long spawn time like Hadden(I don't remember Martar until later). I just remember porting in with druid occasionally and find him up once in awhile. The GZ was worth a lot more money back in classic than it is now because it was way more rare.
Old 01-12-2010, 01:52 PM
Project Manager

Quote:
Also not that it's a huge deal but there is something I noticed about Karg that is different from classic. I used to kill him all the time long before Kunark came out and he never had the GZ equipped even if he had it on him.
Fixed, pending update.

I think the light source issue is relevant to all npcs. I remember you could easily spot fire beetles at night time if they had a fire beetle eye on them. This doesn't seem to be the case on emu. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, else I will put it on the source issues list.
Last edited by nilbog; 01-12-2010 at 01:59 PM..
Old 01-12-2010, 02:53 PM
Planar Protector

I do indeed recollect that Martar was KOS to good races (certainly he was KOS to my Human Paladin!) I never received negative Barbarian faction for killing him. Karg, on the other hand, was friendly to good races and was associated with a faction hit.

Danth
Last edited by Danth; 01-12-2010 at 03:13 PM..
Old 01-12-2010, 03:18 PM
Fire Giant

Martar should not have any faction hits (positive or negative). He should be KOS to all races and the guards.

He and TJ used to get into it on my server all the time.
Discord:Boommaster/Tinkermaster#9869
Old 01-12-2010, 04:42 PM
Planar Protector

Martar was kos to everyone, and what danth said about karg.. He was on the barbarian warrior faction whatever that is.
Old 03-14-2010, 04:26 PM
Project Manager

This should all be fixed, pending next patch.

Martar will be kos to all, including the wolvesofthenorth, and not give faction hits.
Closed Thread