Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2014, 01:40 AM
Planar Protector

Default Undead Social Aggro

Seeing this overall Kunark on my low level necro... undead weren't socially aggro. I'll look for proof if need be but I think this was generally common knowledge.
Old 02-11-2014, 10:07 AM
VIP / Contributor

What do you mean, that they should all be social agro or should not? Right now it depends on the mob and where it is. And yes post evidence when you find something that you think is wrong.
Old 02-11-2014, 10:12 AM
Kobold

Stop posting bugs without relevant proof and evidence. Undead social aggro is fine. Have you ever been inside Kurns tower or Howling Stones?
Old 02-11-2014, 01:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trax [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Stop posting bugs without relevant proof and evidence. Undead social aggro is fine. Have you ever been inside Kurns tower or Howling Stones?
No it's not. I made various chars on eqmac shortly before it was shutdown. Kurns mobs never assisted either other and could be solo pulled quite easily. All they had was proximity aggro.
Old 02-11-2014, 01:47 PM
Planar Protector

Kurns and Necros: A winning combination!
#Mar 14 2003 at 6:15 AMRating: Excellent
EpicOfDay
Scholar
63 posts
If you're a necromancer in your mid to late teens, you are absolutely cheating yourself if you don't go to this zone. At this level, with your abilities, this is the easiest experience in the game. And YES, I am counting that cesspool of human idiocy, Paludal Caverns.

Now, I'm sure the furbies in the basement are nice exp, but they're casters and can do nasty things to you (hello, Harm Touch) so I leave them alone and focus on the skellies in the upper floors. And let me tell you, these skellies might as well walk around with "Plunder Me!" signs around their necks. It's so easy it's almost unfair.

As a necro, you get at level 12 a little spell called "Spook the Dead". For a measly 10 mana, you can keep skellies feared almost at will. What's that you say, fearing is dangerous? Not here. The skellies don't assist each other at all, and will happily watch your pet pound their colleagues into baking soda.

The trick is, don't go too close to the skellies yourself, but manipulate from afar while your pet does the dirty work. This is nothing earth-shattering, but know that no skelly will aggro on your pet unless it attacks them.

The dungeoun exp modifier here is great: I got nearly twice the exp from these mobs as I did from their namesakes in the Field of Bone. And I did not have to inconvienience myself to memorize a regular fear spell, since nothing (save one straggler Furbie) is alive in the upper floors. Kill anything that's dark blue, sneak by mobs that have the aggro radius of a large posicle stick, and gather enough bone chips to last you half your career. It doesn't get much easier than that.

I'll go get older evidence when I get a chance.
Old 02-11-2014, 04:42 PM
VIP / Contributor

Most (not all) undead in Kurn's Tower will no longer assist each other.

Fixed, pending update.
Closed Thread