Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-03-2010, 04:05 AM
Skeleton

Default Best Rogue Race

What is the best Rogue race to start with for min/maxing, and how should points be allocated?
Old 08-03-2010, 04:20 AM
Fire Giant

Dwarves have great all around stats where it matters, have the barrel roll jump, and a great starting newbie area with two of the most uber quests in the game : bone chips in the Kaladim Paladin Guild, and CB Belts from the Warrior guild.

Barbs get incredible STR and STA but are lacking in agility and dex. They start in Halas/Qeynos section of the world, which has the ol' gnoll fang quest from Black Burrow...

Basically if you go dorf you get Crushbone/Butcher/Unrest/ Mistmoore progression without even leaving Fayder. If you go Barb you have Everfrost, BlackBurrow, Permafrost, and the Karanas.

If you want to evaluate it based on wealth, you'll make a lot more mone being a Barb, since the bandits and such in the Karanas + perma/Blackburrow is going to net you more coin and loot than Fayder or the black hole of Commons/Ro/Oasis...

But Fayder a close second. It's based on preference. Some really like barbs, some really like dorfs.. Halfling is the 3rd choice, who has really solid starting stats in STR/STA/AGI/DEX, but you're stuck in the black hole of Commons/Ro/Oasis/Misty as your starting areas, and it wont get decent at all till you are levelled enough to get into HighPass/HighKeep.
Old 08-03-2010, 04:34 AM
Skeleton

Think I am gonna go barb cuz I get slam and also can use hero bracers. How should I allocate points? All strength rest into dexterity?
Old 08-03-2010, 04:39 AM
Fire Giant

well, str is quite easy to max. I would put points into sta tbh. just max sta, because with end game gear it is easier to max everything but stamina.
Old 08-03-2010, 04:58 AM
Skeleton

Also, does diety matter for a rogue?
Old 08-03-2010, 05:39 AM
Fire Giant

Agnostic always best choice when available, allows you to use DE mask to get into places like oggok and grobb.

Barb probably the best choice.. 103/95/92/80 is a killer str/sta/agi/dex lineup, the low DEX is almost preferable since you don't want to be a proc'n machine in the first place.
Old 08-03-2010, 07:48 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boatz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What is the best Rogue race to start with for min/maxing, and how should points be allocated?
Nekkid at night across Kithicor, first one to make it across wins the race and gets clothes!

seriously always like halflings for rogues. but a race with more STR would be good
Old 08-03-2010, 08:06 AM
Kobold

I think it all depends on how you want to play.

If you want the best most uber rogue for end-game, then yes go dorf or barbarian, all stats into STA.

If you are more of a mid-game type of player then it really doesn't matter, and I would put more points into STR.

Truth is nobody will withhold you from a group because you are a human rogue and not a dorf. Go with what you want, and what suits your style.
Old 08-03-2010, 08:30 AM
Banned

Min/maxing rogue = Barbarian.

/thread
Old 08-03-2010, 09:02 AM
Planar Protector

Not saying they're better from a min/max standpoint, but halflings get the 10% halfling exp bonus and the 9% rogue exp bonus stacking, so your overall exp becomes 1.1*1.09 = 1.199, i.e. 19.9% bonus, which is pretty badass. Granted, you'll be sharing it with your group, but it's a nice little gift.
Closed Thread