Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-22-2014, 10:15 AM
Orc

Default Bag Limit per Guild

Little confused on the bag limit for mobs on repop...

IB/FE raid together on just about every target except for repops, when they split apart and then get double the bag slots as every other guild. Why is this allowed again? And if it's condoned, can other guilds such as TMO or Taken, BDA, etc. split into 2 to "co-raid" when its convenient but split apart on instances when it's not (i.e. repops)?
Old 01-22-2014, 10:22 AM
Planar Protector

OP makes a good point. Potential to abuse the system is there.
Old 01-22-2014, 10:43 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geofizzle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Little confused on the bag limit for mobs on repop...

IB/FE raid together on just about every target except for repops, when they split apart and then get double the bag slots as every other guild. Why is this allowed again? And if it's condoned, can other guilds such as TMO or Taken, BDA, etc. split into 2 to "co-raid" when its convenient but split apart on instances when it's not (i.e. repops)?
I would presume that the C class mobs and the raid stance that FE/IB is taking is held to one set of standards, while the FFA mobs is another. I don't think they should be pigeon-holed.

The complaint could be that TMO (as the other Class C guild) has issues with this the OTHER way - if FE and IB are raiding FFA repops separately and they have a problem with it, there'd be a legitimate concern about them raiding the Class C together.

But I've not seen TMO show concern over it, and it has little to no impact to me. If FE and IB split and bag out 2 kills FFA on a repop, they are likely losing out on Class C mobs (including VP) which is a sacrifice they make to do that. It's their operational call. (Just my thoughts)
Old 01-22-2014, 10:46 AM
Planar Protector

Most everyone in the C guilds has just been really cool lately and I don't think anyone wants to be the one to raise a stink. That said, I can see repeatedly shirking the bag limit by doing this pissing people off eventually. It's basically encouraging me to stick half my alts in another guild, which I think is kind of bunk.
Old 01-22-2014, 11:22 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by quido [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's basically encouraging me to stick half my alts in another guild, which I think is kind of bunk.
Can we get Beavis and Malcolm?

I'd also settle on Bruce.

www.takenguild.com
Old 01-22-2014, 11:25 AM
Planar Protector

I mean like <The Medulla Oblongata>
Old 01-22-2014, 11:50 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
OP makes a good point. Potential to abuse the system is there.
No one is abusing the system. Not to mention there is no benefit to being in multiple guilds unless you're a psychopath. It actually hurts us a lot more being in an alliance as opposed to a merger (lack of authority being one big reason). For some reason an agreement can't seem to be met between the guilds on a merger because of a philosophical difference between DKP and Loot Council. I personally would never be in a guild with loot council because I've been screwed on too many times to count from unfair distribution. Can assure you FE and IB are upholding the rules just as always. Those that are around to deceive and pull bullshit can take a walk out the door.
Old 01-22-2014, 11:57 AM
Planar Protector

Whatever the troubles of such an alliance, it doesn't change the fact that you raid together pretty much always when it isn't a repop. You can't expect people to be perfectly fine with that. I know you didn't enter into such a situation with malice, but that is really beside the point. Would it be malice on my part to form an alt guild for the purpose of getting an equal shake at some mobs?
Old 01-22-2014, 12:03 PM
Planar Protector

If you created an alt guild though you'd have guildmates in with you and legitimate authority over the members even though it's a frivolous venture. You also wouldn't have to increase roster by 150-200+ players to be responsible for.
Old 01-22-2014, 12:04 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by quido [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Whatever the troubles of such an alliance, it doesn't change the fact that you raid together pretty much always when it isn't a repop. You can't expect people to be perfectly fine with that. I know you didn't enter into such a situation with malice, but that is really beside the point. Would it be malice on my part to form an alt guild for the purpose of getting an equal shake at some mobs?
+1
Closed Thread