Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2014, 01:40 PM
Banned

Default Can you see your own petition threads in the petition forums?

I just spent a long time typing up a long petition and then right before I was going to submit it, I lost my balance whilst sitting in a chair and fell onto my keyboard. I'm fucking serious.

When I looked up, I was staring at a blank petition form and I'm not sure if I somehow ended up clicking the submit button, or if I just cleared out the text and lost 30 minutes of typing, but the my petition forum is empty and now I'm wondering: Are you supposed to be able to see your own petition threads in the petition forums, or do they just go off into the ether?
Old 01-08-2014, 01:44 PM
Sarnak

Yes you are. If the petition has been resolved it moved to Resolved Petition area that's nested in the petition area.
Old 01-08-2014, 01:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portasaurus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I just spent a long time typing up a long petition and then right before I was going to submit it, I lost my balance whilst sitting in a chair and fell onto my keyboard. I'm fucking serious.

When I looked up, I was staring at a blank petition form and I'm not sure if I somehow ended up clicking the submit button, or if I just cleared out the text and lost 30 minutes of typing, but the my petition forum is empty and now I'm wondering: Are you supposed to be able to see your own petition threads in the petition forums, or do they just go off into the ether?
I can see it and it's got your gibberish keyboard face smash at the end... hilarious.
Old 01-08-2014, 01:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autotune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I can see it and it's got your gibberish keyboard face smash at the end... hilarious.
When I go to the petition forum i just see "There are no posts in this forum."

Should I be able to see my own petitions?

I'm getting conflicting info... Autotune (a guide?) says he can see it so I assume i DID somehow hit the submit button, but I cannot see it myself.

Anyway the last thing I wanted to do was add a screenshot to that petition, but I can't see it to edit it. Should I make a new petition one with the screenshot?
Old 01-08-2014, 01:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portasaurus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I'm getting conflicting info... Autotune (a guide?) says he can see it so I assume i DID somehow hit the submit button, but I cannot see it myself.

Anyway the last thing I wanted to do was add a screenshot to that petition, but I can't see it to edit it. Should I make a new petition one with the screenshot?
you can't edit in petition forums anyhow.

Just make a new post with the screenshot and hold the keyboard face smashing this time.
Old 01-08-2014, 01:56 PM
Retired GM

Location: Cabilis East, in the northwest corner of the zone-in from Field of Bone

Oh man. autotune is NOT a member of the project 1999 staff. I don't even think he wants to be.

Yes, you can see your petition threads once they have been submitted. Only you and the staff can see them.
Old 01-08-2014, 01:58 PM
Sarnak

Quote:

I don't think Autotune is a guide?

Edit: D beat me to it.
Old 01-08-2014, 01:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derubael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh man. autotune is NOT a member of the project 1999 staff. I don't even think he wants to be.

Yes, you can see your petition threads once they have been submitted. Only you and the staff can see them.
I'd just like to point out that I was not pretending to be a staff member, just messing with him.

I like my forum account how it is atm.
Old 01-08-2014, 01:59 PM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autotune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I can see it
Isn't staff impersonation a bannable offense?

Project 1999 Setup Guide
Old 01-08-2014, 02:00 PM
Retired Guide

Quote:
Autotune (a guide?)
No...not yet anyway.

It's not there Portasaurus. Please try again. Hope you didn't hurt yourself. Petitions can be dangerous!
Closed Thread