Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2013, 08:07 PM
VIP / Contributor

Default Partials in PvP

Currently the partial curves look something like this:

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

(though there are some additional checks not represented that let high roll nukes land for full).

So if you eyeball it:
Code:
RESIST	LOW 	HIGH (DAMAGE %'s)
75	92%	100%
100	73%	100%
125	61%	93%
150	52%	84%
175	45%	77%
200	40%	71%
225	35%	67%
250	32%	64%
I'm additionally looking at critical failures for pure nukes, where you will fully resist them at the rate of 1.2% per resistance point. (9% @ 75fr, 18% @ 150fr, 30% @ 255 fr).

So my questions are:
  1. What do you think the partial resist curves should look like (feel free to bust out paint)?
  2. What do you think as far as outright resists on pure nuke spells?
  3. And for the inevitable "Make it classic" folks, please define your remembrances of classic. In terms of questions 1 & 2 above.

Thanks for inputs. This thread will be moderated & off topic posts deleted.
Old 10-17-2013, 08:27 PM
Banned

I think its a great start.. But on such a small server where gearing out is some what easier due to the same supply and lower demand.. Push the curve to the right a little bit.. Maybe 10 points.
Old 10-17-2013, 09:20 PM
Kobold

I feel that high damage nukes for Wizards/Mages/Druids like Sunstrike, Seeking Flame of Seukor, and Wildfire should be 50/50 full resist at 150 FR with partials for half damage. With tash and malo both doing 1.5 resist debuff it would be impossible to be immune to spell damage with proper set up. At the moment spell combat is far to fast paced with simply casting your best nuke over and over again in mass pvp without a care about a targets resists.

Other classes like a Clerics nuke should be harder to resist to make them more appealing in solo pvp since in mass pvp you should be healing or DA or dead.

Also when tweaking resists if you allow for more pure resists at a lower resistance I would suggest putting spell damage back at 80% of normal since resists will allow melees to live longer as a sort of balancing act.
Old 10-17-2013, 09:57 PM
Banned

off the top of my head:

high damage partial = 50-99% damage
low damage partial = 1-49% damage

at 25 resist:
80% chance of full damage
20% chance of high damage partial
0% chance of low damage partial
0% chance of full resist

at 75 resist:
30% chance of full damage
40% chance of high damage partial
20% chance of low damage partial
10% chance of full resist

at 125 resist:
0% chance of full damage
30% chance of high damage partial
50% chance of low damage partial
20% chance of full resist

at 175 resist:
0% chance of full damage
20% chance of high damage partial
40% chance of low damage partial
40% chance of full resist

at 225+ resist:
0% chance of full damage
0% chance of high damage partial
30% chance of low damage partial
70% chance of full resist

as an iksar monk with mid to high end gear(not undergeared, not top geared) i can achieve the 125 magic resist needed for root, 169 fire resist, and 97 cold resist while neglecting all poison resist, disease resist, and melee stats; with malo i'm still very vulnerable to CC spells, reasonably vulnerable to fire nukes, and pretty vulnerable to cold nukes. while unbuffed, i am in no way an unstoppable juggernaut. while buffed, i'm quite tanky but that's what dispels are for. even with bard resist songs, i'm still entirely vulnerable to lures, DoTs, mage pets, and necros.

a 255 resist cap would keep the above true for other melee classes with higher potential for resist gear(monks are rather limited)

lures for geared/buffed players, sunstrike/draughts for naked people or people you know aren't stacking that particular resist or people with resist debuffs

druids should not be played like wizards, sorry guys

mages shouldn't just be wizards with less survivability and 50% of their damage transfered to a pet that stuns/roots/interrupts

pvp currently happens too fast and it feels as if there's no depth or room for skilled players to truly shine.
Old 10-17-2013, 10:09 PM
Sarnak

I would use resists similar to those stated by Colgate. However, I would have 3 or 4 level based tiers.

1-29
30-45
46-59

It would require less resist gear to get a similar increase in effectiveness at the lower levels using the tier system. This would help the +20 or +40 in resists obtainable via newbie gear to have a more significant impact.

Also, I would consider using the sullon zek 1.5x modifier for resist debuffs. This would favored coordinated debuffing/nuking in pvp versus chain spamming your biggest nuke.
2. item loot
3. teams
4. egg shaped pumice
5. racial faction loss
6. removal of exp loss on pvp death
7. pvp text (i like orange)
Old 10-17-2013, 10:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giovanni [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also, I would consider using the sullon zek 1.5x modifier for resist debuffs. This would favored coordinated debuffing/nuking in pvp versus chain spamming your biggest nuke.
this is already in, is it not?
Old 10-17-2013, 10:11 PM
VIP / Contributor

Off the top of my head, no, it's not.
Old 10-17-2013, 10:13 PM
Banned

could have sworn i heard about it going in a long time ago, or maybe it was discussed about going in

i was assuming in my above post that it was currently like that

not sure then
Old 10-17-2013, 10:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dullah [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hopefully resists will be somewhere in between current and classic, but more favorable to classic.

The thing about classic pvp was that not only did many people not know about the advantages of resist gear, they did not have the knowledge of how to acquire said gear nor was this gear as easy to obtain as it is on a 100~ pop server. This is very different from how it is today, and will mean 90% of players will be almost completely immune to most spells. This is one of the reasons pvp resists changed so dramatically after velious.

What they need to do is take the current resist code and cut the resist threshold in half. Currently you need 150~ to get reliable resists. Make that 75~ and add in the classic complete resists that scale up in likelihood as you go over 100+ save.

This would account for everyone playing in BIS resist gear and velious without spells being completely OP the way Null had it set up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dullah [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Movement impairing, stuns, slows, malo and other powerful status affecting abilities were all on that same easily resistable level. I think the 125 rule should pretty much be applied across the board. Make people utilize strips/tash/malo if they want to land OP spells.

Classic.
Old 10-17-2013, 10:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giovanni [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would use resists similar to those stated by Colgate. However, I would have 3 or 4 level based tiers.

1-29
30-45
46-59

It would require less resist gear to get a similar increase in effectiveness at the lower levels using the tier system. This would help the +20 or +40 in resists obtainable via newbie gear to have a more significant impact.

you dont want that, that makes twink impossible to kill for new players even more.

as far as resist goes, you had 100 cold resist in classic and ice comet was fully resisted 99% of the time.

Wizard were horrible until they got lures, they shouldnt use any other spells until malo is landed on targets.

Resists should be adjusted with classic in mind and what you want the classes to do in a pvp fight. I dont want to see druids nuking people with NTOV gear for full or even half.

Different spells had different resists tresholds, I wouldnt want to put all "pure" nukes in the same bucket. Lower level nukes were more easily resisted and high level one had harder resist thresholds. I would work with that in mind
Closed Thread