Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 09-07-2013, 01:23 AM
Kobold

Default Elder Scrolls Online

Obviously I don't think Bethesda is checking these forums nor searching for my IP address so before people come in here with the OMG YOU ARE BREAKING THE NDA I ask that you just chill out. Game looks pretty solid, I was amazed at how much like Skyrim it looks like. I figured since it was a MMO the graphics would be a lot worse but it's pretty damn awesome looking. The beginning are alone was more awesome than a lot of end game content. The skill system and weapon system was a lot of fun to tinker with and leaves plenty of room for customization as you can really set yourself apart from others of your same class. I am a little bummed about a 15 dollar monthly fee as I feel that is quite high but after playing I feel it is pretty quality of a game.

Also, the pvp sounds pretty crazy with full scale battlefield number pvps. Encampments and outposts, siege weapons, and vehicles hopefully they can get some great large scale medieval action going. Not to mention that the faction who controls the Imperial City, the top rated player from that faction will be crowned emperor. I bet that's giving all the l337 players wet dreams at night. Hopefully we will actually get a decent mmo nowadays for a change?
Old 09-07-2013, 11:31 AM
Planar Protector

I don't mind $15/month if they're not trying to cram DLC/shiny mounts in on top of it for extra.

All sounds very positive...very hard to make any online game that players really stick to. WoW was arguably the last one and its about time we had something fresh enough that everyone will like and play.
Old 09-07-2013, 01:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soandso [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
and vehicles hopefully
pls no
Old 09-07-2013, 04:16 PM
Kobold

By vehicles I don't mean cars and jets I meant like siege weapons and battering rams and wagons to carry players. I honestly didn't think anyone was going to think I was talking about tanks and humvees but whatever.

Yeah I'm dying to get back to some of gameplay as I only got to play on my one hero. Only one of the alliances was open and it was the won with the dark elves,argonians,and nords so I made a Dark Elf sorcerer with a destruction staff. The other staff I could have used was the restoration staff. The sorcerer had 3 skills trees and you can either specialize in one area or mix and match. I concentrated on the dark magic line which was mostly disables and CC of the sort, I was thinking after that thought the restoration staff might have been cool because I could have had disables/cc and some healing action. I wanted to really have utility, but not to say the destruction staff was by no means not fun because it was awesome. The other 2 lines for sorcerer was Summoning and Storm Calling with summoning obviously you have your pets such as the different atronachs and familiars and Storm Calling dealing with lightning nukes.

The other classes that were playable at the time was Dragonknight which sounded pretty damn cool I can't wait to mess around with that class. Then there was the Templar which sounded like a melee tank with heals, though I was wandering if this Templar class for heals would be better off going with a restoration staff for even more heals IDK though. Of course sorcerer which I went over and then Nightblade which was the assassin type class. Of course there are more races and classes but so far these are the only unlocked ones in beta. The other 2 alliances that are together is the wood elves,high elves, and khajit. Seems like that alliance will be hard pressed in pvp because I believe those are the least played races for ES players. The third alliance consists of Bretons,Orcs, and Redguard. I don't believe you can actually play as the Imperials which kind of sucks since they were an awesome race.
Old 09-07-2013, 04:32 PM
Banned

is it open world or instancing?
Old 09-07-2013, 04:40 PM
Planar Protector

The game is going to be released on consoles which, knowing bethesda, more than likely means a substandard pc version that has been crippled by the corporate necessity to efficiently cater to consoles.
Old 09-07-2013, 04:42 PM
Kobold

There is a mix of both. For big time content and loot it will be contested. Yes this was a biggy for me, contested content and loot in 2014! I did this one dungeon where I had to keep coming back to kill the necromancer boss.
Old 09-07-2013, 04:45 PM
Banned

so wait, you are saying that there is a real loot system instead of that next gen you only see your loot table and everyone gets a handout crap?
Old 09-07-2013, 04:46 PM
Kobold

Also one of the cooler mechanics I saw was mobs using their abilities in synergy. For instance when fighting one mob I was rooted the mob attacking me backed up and used arrows while another mob casted an AE burn on the area I was rooted in.
Old 09-07-2013, 04:47 PM
Kobold

I'm not sure on that as I didn't kill any raid bosses but I haven't seen anything saying so but I did see stuff that said there will be contested loot. Now I don't know if that means just contesting to get the spot or the kill (apparently the group that gets the most dps in gets the kill and loot) but I don't know if the loot that drops will go to the whole group or just singular persons sorry [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread