Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 11-25-2009, 11:18 PM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Default Tumpy Tonic

You can discuss the quest, but not bans. Bans are being handled via the Petition forum, and so far one person has been banned, for reasons more than just abusing the quest. The reasons are kept between the staff and that person, as any other ban would be, and I'd appreciate the community not coming to conclusions on what they may or may not think someone deserved, without having all the information in front of them.
Old 11-25-2009, 11:21 PM
Planar Protector

Do not do it imo.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

it's like you make the atomic bomb (server) and you don't want to let other countries (guilds) have nuclear secrets (under the radar information). it's gm's business and no one else's or else everyone gets nuked. letting Iran or North Korea beta test and keep the successful nukes, makes other countries uncomfortable.
Old 11-25-2009, 11:26 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Its a shame that there are traps like this for some people who are not familiar with Classic content. I think it's a bit surprising and very sketchy that after several weeks of people using this quest only now is it brought to light that the quest is an exploit. In the past there was at least 1 thread where this was brought up and nothing was done about it. I think if the GM staff wants to keep the server going, they should not be so cruel to people who stumble upon misdemeanor bugs and those who don't know better. Did not one single GM see the massive never ending spam for half of the day that the dwarf was up and think to investigate? Very fishy
Old 11-25-2009, 11:28 PM
Kobold

I brought it up in ooc multiple times and even talked to Aeolwind about it when I was looking for a way to fix my faction and he told me the exp was already nerfed to where they wanted it.
Old 11-25-2009, 11:30 PM
Kobold

Everyone knew Sol A gnomes were boken xp and still leveled. If Nilbog is so into not deleveling/taking gear from people because of the time they put in doing it I dont see how this is any different.
Old 11-25-2009, 11:33 PM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

We're handling this on a case by case basis. People who only got a level or two out of it won't be penalized much or at all. People who exploited it to gain 10-50 levels will get penalized. This is something I'm handling, not nilbog, and past decisions they have made are not reflected here.
Old 11-25-2009, 11:38 PM
Banned

If you guys banned tantalar over this kiss this bitch goodbye. One of the only GM's without short man complex that did nothing but help people and encourage the community to grow.

This quest was reported, gm's said in ooc at least twice that Tumpy quest worked and had been tuned to give the exp they thought was appropriate. If you are too dumb to check the 20 stack count on a quest item who knows what else you miss?

The thread was quickly squashed but I like Wenai's post about how you should "know what is right and wrong with classic" sorta like when your GM's opened those planes, then when the retards start talking about it in OOC and people ask questions they got closed.

That was communication breakdown though. Totally different right? No.
Old 11-25-2009, 11:49 PM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

it's like you make the atomic bomb (server) and you don't want to let other countries (guilds) have nuclear secrets (under the radar information). it's gm's business and no one else's or else everyone gets nuked. letting Iran or North Korea beta test and keep the successful nukes, makes other countries uncomfortable.
Old 11-25-2009, 11:50 PM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Tantalar's play char isn't banned, his GM Access is removed though.
Old 11-25-2009, 11:55 PM
Kobold

Goobles get some new lame images, fuck man.
Closed Thread