Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2013, 09:51 PM
Sarnak

Default People take part-time, low-war jobs too seriously.

I picked up a part time job for the extra cash and decent benefits (discounts on things I do), and I cannot believe how nuts it is at this place.

I've seen more drama in a couple of weeks at this employer than I saw in the entirety of my grade school through university years.

Day 1: Y: Have you heard about X, she's a real bitch that only works hard when the boss is around.

Day 2: X: Have you heard about Y, he's the laziest son of a bitch in this place.

Day 3: Z: Watch out for X and Y, they're about to be fired because they're both really bad at their jobs, and they've been warned many times.

Day 4: Z: "I quit."

Day 5: X: The "where I work" didn't get vacuumed last night.
Treefall: Oh, I vacuumed, sorry...I didn't realize I did such a bad job.
X: There was a pile of peanuts and papers under "a random object."
Treefall: Sorry about that...next time I'll make sure to look under "a random object"
X: The vacuuming wasn't even a big deal. I'm more concerned with "another thing." (This person is constantly trying to find things Y has done wrong, and when someone else admits to being the one to fuck up it's "no big deal."

Literally, these people are bickering over a minimum wage job that's not worth working outside of the benefits. Everyone has some sort of superiority complex over very menial tasks that a zombie could accomplish.

I've never met so many backstabbing, butt-hurt folks in my entire life. Literally, whoever is working will talk shit about who is not working..or about anyone not in the room, and just keep rotating.

Today I literally had this old man that works, maybe 10 hours a week, tell me an auditor came through and was pissed about the work people did. When I asked him who the auditor was...he said "me, I'm making sure this place is good for real auditors."

My mind is blown.
Old 08-08-2013, 11:42 PM
Banned

you read these forums right... these people dont even get paid real currency (well most of them cough)
Old 08-09-2013, 12:10 AM
Planar Protector

minimum wage is terrible, could make more money getting banned over and over on p99.
Old 08-09-2013, 12:13 AM
Banned

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-09-2013, 12:52 AM
Planar Protector

People who talk shit about others at work do it because deep down they know they themselves are worthless fucks. Welcome to the workforce!
Old 08-09-2013, 09:59 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langrisser [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
you read these forums right... these people dont even get paid real currency (well most of them cough)
Not true!

http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...d.php?t=116989
http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...d.php?t=117324

OP, those people are just sad and bitter that they are poor and can't get a well paying job. This is all they have, so don't fret it too much. Just do your thing and ignore things you're better than IMO.
Old 08-09-2013, 10:13 AM
Planar Protector

Drama's going to be higher when it's all you've got. That's the way the world is. To you, it might just be a meaningless minimum wage job, but to them, it's likely their life. It's understandably more important to them.

Just don't let them know how you think of your job, or the drama will be directed at you, because you're not "one of them."
Old 08-09-2013, 10:38 AM
Skeleton

They'd be the same way in a great paying career. It's the gossipy individual, not the job.
Old 08-09-2013, 11:21 AM
Planar Protector

What he's describing isn't really gossip though. It's cutthroat fighting over scraps.
Old 08-09-2013, 11:26 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armada [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They'd be the same way in a great paying career. It's the gossipy individual, not the job.
I'd say its more the environment of a low paid job. People bring more "home" stress in with them (usually related to money, or lack of it) and bitching about "Mr X" becomes a coping mechanism. Couple this with the amount of mind rotting TV that's around these days, usually entertainment at the expense of a victim and you've got bitchiness everywhere.

I also blame rap music... that's my expert opinion [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

#thuglife #yolo
Closed Thread