Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2013, 02:38 PM
Sarnak

Default Best mage pet to raid with

It seems to me that the obvious choice is water as a muzzled nuke sworded backstabber would be the way to go. Some other mage swore to me that the earth pet was the way to go with dps. I could also see the wind pet being viable, especially since I won't have to dance around the raid mob to get my pet to backstab. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-29-2013, 02:42 PM
Fire Giant

epic pet (obvious choice if you have).

water pet is best if you have a good tank who will reposition for the backstab, but if you/they are feeling lazy then air pet is good. talenos is a great tank, so in your specific case, use a water pet.

a lot of people like to use air pet bc of the innate invis so you won't accidentally aggro mobs by pet proximity.

people might get mad if you use an earth pet bc if it roots it, the mob will hit whoever is closest rather than who has the most aggro.

[ANONYMOUS] dip|o the Conjurer
Old 07-29-2013, 02:44 PM
Fire Giant

the best option is to take off your apothic robe, don't summon a pet and pretend your a wizard, so you can just ninja AFK; cast your lvl 1 nuke and pretend like you're doing something useful.

Old 07-29-2013, 03:55 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by diplo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the best option is to take off your apothic robe, don't summon a pet and pretend your a wizard, so you can just ninja AFK; cast your lvl 1 nuke and pretend like you're doing something useful.
Been doing this now for a while. Sometimes I like to cast it twice to make people think I'm "REALLY" trying. Anyway last night we were using a new tank who couldn't sit still to save his life and I was pulling my hair out constantly re-positioning my pet, but I still figured that water was the way to go.
Old 07-29-2013, 04:29 PM
Fire Giant

you really shouldn't have to do that. he's a terrible tank, someone should teach him how to pve.

Old 07-30-2013, 06:30 PM
Sarnak

Earth is worst dps pet and rooting raid mobs sucks. Whoever told you otherwise is a moron. Air pet wont land as many spells as many raid mobs are immune to stun. Water pet is a pain to position. Fire is good dps.
Old 07-30-2013, 07:24 PM
Planar Protector

Depending on how many people there are in a raid and what mob is being killed the pet positioning maybe of insignificant concern to a MA. I'd still go with the water pet.
Old 08-01-2013, 03:35 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaos057 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Earth is worst dps pet and rooting raid mobs sucks. Whoever told you otherwise is a moron. Air pet wont land as many spells as many raid mobs are immune to stun. Water pet is a pain to position. Fire is good dps.
The fire pet hmm? I was always told the fire pet was utterly worthless in all scenarios, but I had always wondered about raiding, especially since I had just managed to acquire his focus staff.
Closed Thread