Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-18-2013, 09:15 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Question about classic EQ progression!

So, basically I'm trying to get some history on Everquest and I'm wondering, is there anyone who played pre-kunark and on that can tell me as close to possible exactly what the progression was from classic and on?

What I'm looking for, is exactly what the general "order" was for progressing in each of the following content era's:

Classic, Kunark, Velious, Luclin, POP.

For instance, when ONLY Kunark was available, and a guild had already farmed Naggy, Vox, Phinny, etc... What was the general order of progression or just Kunark?

For Velious? For POP? For Classic?

I can probably find the info on POP easily, due to its flagging system. But I'm very curious about exactly what the order of progression was in all the other content era's. Thanks!! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-18-2013, 09:21 PM
Planar Protector

something like:

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/wiki...gression_guide ?
Old 07-18-2013, 09:22 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thulack [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've looked at that before, the problem is that it is from todays content.

For instance, it lists Akheva in the Velious section.

I'm looking for a very similar list, but era specific.

Edit: I suppose I could just reorder it to be era specific, but I know that a lot of content was changed, and I'm wondering if the "order" on that list is the order that people really did things back when that content was the only thing available.
Old 07-18-2013, 09:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thulack [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
cool link actually, thanks for sharing.
Old 07-18-2013, 09:37 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

For instance, when was Plane of Sky added?

I searched wikipedia and its not listed under "zones" for Kunark or Velious.
I can't find a list of what zones were in the original before any expansions were added.

I did find this: http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/zone.html?mode=bymap
Which lists zones by expansion, and shows that "The Outer Planes" came before Kunark or Velious. Is this true?

If so, Plane of Fear, Hate and Sky were in the original EQ? I've read that the only raid content in the original was Naggy, Vox, Phinny and Avatar of Fear. There's no mention of Plane of Sky. This is why I'm looking for a concrete list [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-18-2013, 09:39 PM
Fire Giant

If you haven't heard of it before there is an awesome web research tool out there called the wayback machine. You can wayback old ass allakhazam pages and try and figure out via that resource when what came out.

I can tell you with pretty good confidence that plane of fear came out first, then hate, then sky - all before kunark.
Songs are being sung from every bard,
His passion is back and the fire burns,
With fear and renown, Norrath whispers: Uthgaard
Old 07-18-2013, 09:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by trustandfall [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For instance, when was Plane of Sky added?

I searched wikipedia and its not listed under "zones" for Kunark or Velious.
I can't find a list of what zones were in the original before any expansions were added.

I did find this: http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/zone.html?mode=bymap
Which lists zones by expansion, and shows that "The Outer Planes" came before Kunark or Velious. Is this true?

If so, Plane of Fear, Hate and Sky were in the original EQ? I've read that the only raid content in the original was Naggy, Vox, Phinny and Avatar of Fear. There's no mention of Plane of Sky. This is why I'm looking for a concrete list [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
http://wiki.project1999.org/Players:EQLive_Timeline
Old 07-18-2013, 09:41 PM
Planar Protector

Damn beat me to it sam lol
Old 07-18-2013, 09:43 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamwiseRed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Awesome link.. That definitely helps.

Interesting that even the P99 devs don't know the exact time frame for Hate/Fear.
Either way, this definitely helps me quite a bit.
Old 07-18-2013, 09:44 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylok [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you haven't heard of it before there is an awesome web research tool out there called the wayback machine. You can wayback old ass allakhazam pages and try and figure out via that resource when what came out.

I can tell you with pretty good confidence that plane of fear came out first, then hate, then sky - all before kunark.
Looks like you were right about Fear and Hate! Good call. I'm going to start working on a TRUE progression list right now, and I'll post it when I'm done to see if I can get some feedback as to whether it looks correct or not.
Closed Thread