Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-02-2013, 08:29 PM
Sarnak

Default When is NPC mana nerf coming?

I don't know if you guys have noticed but the mana pool on NPC's is absolutely broken - they have like 3-4x the pool of a player of the same level.

Is the fix for this coming anytime soon?
Old 07-03-2013, 01:17 AM
Skeleton

Not only that but they can cast without line of sight. Try hiding behind a building while a mob casts on you and it still lands.
Old 07-03-2013, 01:33 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nial [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not only that but they can cast without line of sight. Try hiding behind a building while a mob casts on you and it still lands.
That's classic, the issue isn't spells landing after you've left line of sight the issue is that they can start casting while you are out of line of sight. Significantly different.
Old 07-03-2013, 01:52 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagatob [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's classic, the issue isn't spells landing after you've left line of sight the issue is that they can start casting while you are out of line of sight. Significantly different.
Old 07-03-2013, 03:26 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarukShmaruk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't know if you guys have noticed but the mana pool on NPC's is absolutely broken - they have like 3-4x the pool of a player of the same level.

Is the fix for this coming anytime soon?
Old 07-03-2013, 10:16 AM
Planar Protector

fix coming next patch
Old 07-03-2013, 11:40 AM
Sarnak

It makes certain dungeons and zones very frustrating - I played a lot on live in 1999 and I don't remember casters being quite this ridiculous.

Shaman/Cleric/Druid mobs for example, will sit there and chain cast nukes on you, and then chain heal themselves when they get low.

And they also cast SoW indoors but I know that's classic :|
Old 07-03-2013, 12:04 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarukShmaruk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It makes certain dungeons and zones very frustrating - I played a lot on live in 1999 and I don't remember casters being quite this ridiculous.

Shaman/Cleric/Druid mobs for example, will sit there and chain cast nukes on you, and then chain heal themselves when they get low.

And they also cast SoW indoors but I know that's classic :|
Yeah they definitely have a much larger mana pool than they should, but this fix along with many others are still awaiting the next patch. Nobody but the staff know when they intend to patch it.
Old 07-03-2013, 12:34 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagatob [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
...the issue is that they can start casting while you are out of line of sight...
I have not experienced this on P99. Mobs will correctly re-acquire LOS before starting a new spell.

It does seem like they have a lot of mana, but what's more devastating is the level of spells that they cast. I don't think frogs in Sebilis have the same spellbooks they had on live, for instance. And running artound in TT, nearly every shaman frog in the zone has a pet - on live only the highest level shaman mobs would summon a pet.
Old 07-03-2013, 12:38 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droog007 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have not experienced this on P99. Mobs will correctly re-acquire LOS before starting a new spell.

It does seem like they have a lot of mana, but what's more devastating is the level of spells that they cast. I don't think frogs in Sebilis have the same spellbooks they had on live, for instance. And running artound in TT, nearly every shaman frog in the zone has a pet - on live only the highest level shaman mobs would summon a pet.
Most will *attempt* to reacquire LOS, but some will stop chasing you and begin casting again. One zone that is notorious for this (and why I hate freaking Hags) is Unrest.

Zones like Sebilis I never noticed this issue.
Closed Thread