Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2013, 02:08 PM
Large Bat

Default So I'm thinking of rolling here, few questions

First of all, I stopped eq around Omens of War at the very latest. When the first progression servers came out I had a monk in FoH until pretty much the first day of velious when ntov turned into a dragon train / zerg fest. Joined WI and raided until a bit after PoP, some GoD. The second servers (the current ones) came out I once again jumped in and rolled a bard, Zyon, I raided with Twisted Legion for a while, It turned into a poop sock fest with other guilds going so low as to exploit shadowknight DT's. I also boxed a 50 pally who pretty much at a whole lota death touches in sky. I'd say with good backup that i more or less was the main raid puller on the combine on my monk. Now I'd heard of this server while i was in TL, we did the bat phone and all that. So what I'm wondering is this:
1. Please clarify, as I've seen conflicting things on boxing.. NO I have no plans on 6 boxing Mages and a healer or anything crazy like that. But I would like to box a shm / druid. If this is not possible that's fine I just wanted to verify for sure as i don't know the server's population and I'd like to be able to group as well as level without retarded downtime.
2. About spells, exp gain etc.. example: monks back in kunark were boss tanks with their ac and defense (BEFORE THE NERF).. so are monks pre nerf or as they are currently? I'd like to know if swarm kiting is possible, things like this if anyone can sum it up for me ?
3. Whats the server population like? I understand you guys are in kunark, will Velious be opening soon? (easily my favorite expansion in the game).

IF any of this is redundant I'm sorry I just wanted to clarify before coming here.
Old 03-24-2013, 02:15 PM
Sarnak

1) You cannot box at all. Not to out of group buff, not to port, not to trade with not to cyber yourself with.
2) Monks are decent at tanking. Obviously no where near that of a Warrior/Sk/Paladin but with a slow they do just fine.
3) Server pop is strong. Think like 900 ish at peak hours, 3-400 non peak.
Old 03-24-2013, 02:15 PM
Planar Protector

1. You can not have more than one character logged in per person playing on a p99 server. You can however play one character on the red (pvp) server and one on the blue (pve) server at the same time.

2. Monks are in OP condition.

3. Hovers around 800-1000 during US EST prime time and weekend afternoons. 200-400 Euro primetime.
Old 03-24-2013, 02:16 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
1. Please clarify, as I've seen conflicting things on boxing.. NO I have no plans on 6 boxing Mages and a healer or anything crazy like that. But I would like to box a shm / druid. If this is not possible that's fine I just wanted to verify for sure as i don't know the server's population and I'd like to be able to group as well as level without retarded downtime.
There is no boxing allowed whatsoever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
2. About spells, exp gain etc.. example: monks back in kunark were boss tanks with their ac and defense (BEFORE THE NERF).. so are monks pre nerf or as they are currently? I'd like to know if swarm kiting is possible, things like this if anyone can sum it up for me ?
Monks are pre-nerf through the entire p99 timeline I believe, and therefore quite OP. Swarm kiting exists but the bards don't use charm, they swoop in close and use aoe's. Spells and the rate of exp gain are classic to my knowledge.

Quote:
3. Whats the server population like? I understand you guys are in kunark, will Velious be opening soon? (easily my favorite expansion in the game).
Lately the server population has been pretty healthy, with 850-1000 at peak hours. Lots of lower level and mid-level grouping to be had.

Nobody really knows when Velious will be released and any timeline would just be speculation.
Old 03-24-2013, 02:34 PM
Large Bat

That was quick, thanks guys. I guess sk's and necro's can pet pull again, also are any items (rubicite, manastone, guise ton po's etc) in game?
Old 03-24-2013, 02:47 PM
Planar Protector

Those items no longer drop, what is out there is what is there.

Some times there are GM events where these can be prizes.
Closed Thread