Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2013, 02:36 PM
Orc

Default Some useful NODROP items for lowbies?

Hi guys, I read the Bogmonster's guide for frustrated warriors and at the end he mentions a few places to get some decent NODROP armor/weapons like Karnor's Castle and Trakannon's teeth. I was wondering if anyone has found any other places to get some nice stuff for lowbies. I have a 5 war and a 13 ranger is my main so any ideas for those two would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. I am very poor lol
Old 03-06-2013, 02:58 PM
Sarnak

Kithicor Forest has a nice mace for WIS casters, but it's hard to find people that are regularly there that aren't camping it for one of their alts.
Old 03-06-2013, 03:05 PM
Sarnak

I'd recommend killing bears for HQ pelts. They're selling for about 20p per high quality, they add up. Warrior weapons are very cheap, you can get a 14/28 for 800p (Silken Whip of Ensnaring)
Old 03-06-2013, 03:36 PM
Kobold

I would get duel SSoY's, when your able of course. They won't proc till level 37 but it's one of the best procs for aggro. As far as no drop items... Not real sure, you could maybe find some nice folks doing rogue epic and get a trochelins sheen? (sp) I butchered the spelling of that.

The problem with no drops your going to have to be there to get the loot, and that can be difficult when your trying to level. Gotta go where the groups are as a warrior.

The fact is there's no real easy ride as a newbie to the server, you could buy plat (yes I know this NEVER happens) or get lucky and have some high level dump some gear or plat on you. But as far as items are concerned there are really no game changers, fungi would be in that category.

Whatever you have is sufficient, however the way you play your character will have much more of an effect than most people realize. People don't want a warrior in there group who doesn't jump on mobs right away, or enchanters who won't mez adds right away. Most people recognize these things and if your good will generally welcome you back for more grouping.

Items will come as you level, warriors are really never good at snap aggro. We're at the mercy of 'taunt' and the weapons we wield and the rate at which they proc. good luck sir.
Old 03-07-2013, 06:42 PM
Fire Giant

It may be "obsolete" now....

But if I'm not mistaken, Painbringer 7/23 or so, procs at level 1.

And yes, the proc is an AoE, but fuck it.

I remember it being the "cc" weapon for my warrior during his 40's before Kunark. The proc radius is small enough to avoid mez'd mobs, and essentially draws group agro so that root parks can occur if you don't have cc.

Just a suggestion.
Old 03-07-2013, 06:46 PM
Kobold

wiki says painbringer procs at lvl 35

http://wiki.project1999.org/Painbringer
Old 03-07-2013, 08:04 PM
Planar Protector

If you have any mid-high level friends you might see if they could kill the ghoul messenger for your ranger. He's an upper 20s mob that wanders around in WK and drops the turn-in needed for Short Sword of Morin which in its day was very decent. Granted it's not the best 1hs in the world but it is NO DROP and an easy quest. Plus it's not everyday you see someone wielding it.
Old 03-07-2013, 09:09 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelunGuud [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
a 13 ranger is my main

See if you can find Maid+Butler fangs from Mistmoore for sale in EC.
Take your ranger at LFay and kill the bandid sisters (close to Mistmoore zoneline) - zone inside Mistmoore or do /who all Mistmoore, and find out if there is a Graveyard group. Politely ask them if Avenging Caitif spawns, if they will allow you to turn in quest items to him (reminder: ask politely because turning in the quest items will despawn the named mob which happens to drop sellable loot). If they agree, and he spawns, grab invis, go inside, run up to him (he's non agro, and you don't requite faction for this turn in), turn in both fangs, recieve 7/21 magical non lore 1hander (which your ranger WILL need for his lvl50 quest spell).

PS: If you have trouble finding fangs, send me a tell, I probably have one or both sitting on an alt.

Old 03-08-2013, 01:37 PM
Orc

Should I go with one of these swords like Morin's or the 7/21 and a shield or should I go the 2 hander route with the silver swiftblade?
Old 03-14-2013, 10:24 PM
Fire Giant

You can get spined dragon claws (10/21) and a silken whip (14/28) for like 500pp and 750pp.

Just so you know!
Last edited by Vadd; 03-16-2013 at 01:38 AM..
Closed Thread