Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 05-17-2015, 08:00 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krule [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think EQ's official stance is they don't like boxing but they will not have any GM's or any sort of dispute/petition process so I imagine boxing and grieving will be rampant here.

So that server is essentially like the other thread stated; Ragefire will be the EQ wild wild west. Be prepared for sanctioned RMT, mad KS grieving and ultimately a dwindling population from the launch.

Sorry to be so negative on your thread but this is an opinion based on experience with both servers and I have no intentions of playing the new progression server unless p99 opens one.
Was wondering. Was on Fippy myself. The plat crash from the alchemy exploit. One to two people singlehandedly taking over high-end camps with bot armies. Shadow Knight bot armies/arms race. MQ2 abuse (think a certain guild MQing to the sleeper and activating it in the middle of the night is what broke the server pop's back.)
Old 05-17-2015, 08:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwargod [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Was wondering. Was on Fippy myself. The plat crash from the alchemy exploit. One to two people singlehandedly taking over high-end camps with bot armies. Shadow Knight bot armies/arms race. MQ2 abuse (think a certain guild MQing to the sleeper and activating it in the middle of the night is what broke the server pop's back.)
Dont forget the random stuff that was in the store for sale that shouldnt have been. Think i got a froglok illusion and something else.
Old 05-17-2015, 08:16 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwargod [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Precisely. Watch Sleeper be released within several days just like others have speculated and people to ragequit. In fact I think someone already called it's nickname being "Ragequit", lol which is going to be hilariously true.

I also think why I have such a jovial and laughable attitude (as others may as well) is because p99 exists and we can sit and watch the flames rise as we enjoy ourselves. Hopefully they don't all start flocking over here. We have a nice thing goin'.
Old 05-17-2015, 08:26 PM
Kobold

progression is progression
Old 05-17-2015, 08:38 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thulack [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
EQ doesnt care about boxing. Whatever gets more money in their pocket. Cant say in 12 years of playing on live they ever once said anything negative about boxing.
I'm sure they've made an anti-boxing response before but that's just an assumption.

Ultimately it shouldn't effect us too much because e have a staff that maintains a community with (mostly) awesome people and will continue to do so.

The only concern of mine is weather or not a bunch of neckbeards will migrate to p99 from this new (potentially failed) progression server.
Old 05-17-2015, 09:04 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krule [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Precisely. Watch Sleeper be released within several days just like others have speculated and people to ragequit. In fact I think someone already called it's nickname being "Ragequit", lol which is going to be hilariously true.
That was me that said the ragequit and made the Wild west post. But after i posted that they ended up going back to a Play nice Policy because people was outraged. (can read more about the pnp and stuff on the wild west thread) /showthread.php?t=193181
It will still be pretty wild compared to here but you will be able to petition some.

They may wake the sleeper there pretty fast but its gonna take awhile because 6months + between each expansion starting in classic.
I could see the sleeper being woke here before it is on Ragefire.

Maybe MQ2 and other hax will not be used. Unless someone takes the time to back patch them. It is possible but the devs/makers of MQ2 and other hacks said this.

"We're shying away from supporting MQ2 on Ragefire, if only to stay on Daybreak's good side. It might work, just don't expect official support from the admins.Besides, MQ2 didn't exist until LDoN / Gates of Discord. It wouldn't be true progression if we had it before then"

"Kiss hax INC. will NOT WORK on the Ragefire progression. I have no interest in making it work either. We intend to stay off of Daybreak's Radar by not supporting the new server at all."
They could be lying. ^
If they are lying at least the GM recently said something like they would take petitions on people that are warping/obvious MQ2 and ban them.
Last edited by Turp; 05-17-2015 at 09:07 PM..
Closed Thread