Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Req's for Ragefire server? (/forums/showthread.php?t=193837)

Zonais 05-17-2015 03:48 PM

Req's for Ragefire server?

I was wondering what I would need to be able to start on this progression server? Do I need anything except for the "all access" pass thing? Do I need to buy the old games in addition to paying for this "all access" pass? Any useful information would be appreciated. Sorry If this has been talked about somewhere else, I was unable to find it before making this post.

Swish 05-17-2015 03:50 PM

EverQuest for the live servers should be downloadable from the official website iirc. Not sure what it comes with but I'd certainly assume that you get the vast majority of expansions these days.

Try here: https://www.everquest.com/register

Oleris 05-17-2015 03:55 PM

https://www.everquest.com/news/ragef...on-server-live

beta patch there in case you want to play the beta until Tuesday/Wednesday. The server will launch Wednesday at an unknown time. all you will need is to have the EQ installer that you can either get from steam or from the EQ website.

Zonais 05-17-2015 04:47 PM

Is bard aoe kiting getting nerfed during this new progression server on ragefire? I heard a little talk which suggested it might be happening so I was wondering if anyone had heard anything about it? Please let me know if you have any details, thank you very much.

Oleris 05-17-2015 04:54 PM

it is indeed nerfed.

pharmakos 05-17-2015 05:13 PM

bard PBAOE kiting got nerfed on live a long time ago. bard PBAOEs only work on stationary, non-rooted targets on Live.

Zonais 05-17-2015 06:56 PM

Thank you all for your help. Would I still enjoy being a bard then without the OP circle kiting? idk, my brother is going to be a mage on ragefire, im deciding on a good duo class with him. I was narrowing it to down to either druid or enchanter, any opinions? Thanks for the responses thus far =)

jwargod 05-17-2015 07:00 PM

Is boxing allowed on the server?

Krule 05-17-2015 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwargod (Post 1896296)
Is boxing allowed on the server?

I think EQ's official stance is they don't like boxing but they will not have any GM's or any sort of dispute/petition process so I imagine boxing and grieving will be rampant here.

So that server is essentially like the other thread stated; Ragefire will be the EQ wild wild west. Be prepared for sanctioned RMT, mad KS grieving and ultimately a dwindling population from the launch.

Sorry to be so negative on your thread but this is an opinion based on experience with both servers and I have no intentions of playing the new progression server unless p99 opens one.

Thulack 05-17-2015 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krule (Post 1896342)
I think EQ's official stance is they don't like boxing but they will not have any GM's or any sort of dispute/petition process so I imagine boxing and grieving will be rampant here.

So that server is essentially like the other thread stated; Ragefire will be the EQ wild wild west. Be prepared for sanctioned RMT, mad KS grieving and ultimately a dwindling population from the launch.

Sorry to be so negative on your thread but this is an opinion based on experience with both servers and I have no intentions of playing the new progression server unless p99 opens one.

EQ doesnt care about boxing. Whatever gets more money in their pocket. Cant say in 12 years of playing on live they ever once said anything negative about boxing.