Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-18-2010, 11:59 AM
Sarnak

I'd like to apologize for the nasty feedback I left a few weeks ago due to my anger at how mob speed is rediculously out of whack compared to original eq.

That said, yes mob speed is WAY too fast here. I had sow on AND levitate and got a 30 second head-start on a decaying skeleton. I was making a b-line for the oasis zone from North Ro. 30 seconds later sow faded. Just for grins, I adjusted the camera to see behind me. I did not get much of a lead before sow faded; and that skeleton caught up to me right before I zoned. Mind you I was in the middle of the zone; not at the coast; so that skeleton had to go up and down those huge hills while I just levitated across them. And even with a 30 second sow advantage he still caught up to me.

Suffice it to say that no matter what head start you have (stun, etc); unless you have sow the mob is going to catch up to you.
Old 08-18-2010, 12:02 PM
Sarnak

I noticed that the mobs in MT move much faster than live as well. Obviously not to the point that it is unplayable but still annoying...
Old 08-18-2010, 12:41 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arclanz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Suffice it to say that no matter what head start you have (stun, etc); unless you have sow the mob is going to catch up to you.
Yes the mobs run a wee bit faster than live and as far as I can recall you could never outrun mobs for the most part without a movement increase effect, but its by no means unplayable at all hehe an aye I agree a bit aannoying. Still able to quad kite etc so ... I'm still not sure how a skeleton almost caught up to you with sow and a 30 second head start ... just boggles my mind lol.
Old 08-18-2010, 12:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeldiablosX [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes the mobs run a wee bit faster than live and as far as I can recall you could never outrun mobs for the most part without a movement increase effect, but its by no means unplayable at all hehe an aye I agree a bit aannoying. Still able to quad kite etc so ... I'm still not sure how a skeleton almost caught up to you with sow and a 30 second head start ... just boggles my mind lol.
One of the exceptions to this was beetles - they ran a hair slower than reg PC run speed.

I still don't understand why mobs have to run as fast as they do. I wish they'd run normal (classic) speeds...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbledorf View Post
I'll look into getting it changed to The Secret Order of the Silver Rose of Truth and Dragons.
Old 08-18-2010, 12:51 PM
Large Bat

Is it possible that you have a Multi-Core processor problem? I have read elsewhere on the forum that this can cause you character to either speed up or slow down from their normal speed. It's just the first thing that popped into my head after walk being on or being overweight.
Old 08-18-2010, 12:58 PM
Kobold

Not trying to be critical, but this is really not classic at all. I distinctly recall telling a friend to watch his stamina so that in the event that he needs to run for the zoneline, he can jump to stay ahead of the mob. More than once I fled the killing fields of North Qeynos, Fippy hot on my heels, jumping all the way to the guards.

Now, there really is no point (as OP stated). Your going to get hit, even with SoW in some cases (low level caster), so unless you think youve got enough health to make it to zone, you might as well pick a safe place to die. The motivation behind increasing run speed leads me to believe that there may be a grudge against kiters. Or, possibly it was an effort to take out people leading a train into another group of players (they die in the process). Whatever the motivation is, however, its definitely not classic.
Old 08-18-2010, 12:59 PM
Sarnak

mobs run way faster on p1999 case closed. In classic you were able to outrun mobs without SoW.
Old 08-18-2010, 01:01 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Oh we can quad and kite around as early as teens without issues? That is comforting. I just have to get to 9 for new spells and then really 14 before all this pain lessens some I think. I am right that if a high level gives you sow even at level 7 it does not judge your level? I too remember a great many memories of jumping and running zigzag and living, not possible as far as I can see now.
Old 08-18-2010, 03:43 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeldiablosX [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Let me clarify. I had levitate and SOW and ran by a decaying skeleton. 30 seconds later my SOW faded. The skeleton quickly closed the gap even though it had to run up and down large hills wherease I had levitate.

On live, mobs ran about as fast as you. If you got any sort of "jump" on them by perhaps casting stun; you would be ok. Not here; mobs are just too fast.

Or perhaps my agility just sux? (not from being injured; I mean in general). Agility does affect run speed, correct? Monks would run faster than enchanters, etc.
Old 08-18-2010, 04:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunes [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not trying to be critical, but this is really not classic at all. I distinctly recall telling a friend to watch his stamina so that in the event that he needs to run for the zoneline, he can jump to stay ahead of the mob. More than once I fled the killing fields of North Qeynos, Fippy hot on my heels, jumping all the way to the guards.
You can still do this on p99. In the words of plato: ur doin it wrong.
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
[50 (sometimes 49) Bard] Wolfram Alpha (Half Elf) ZONE: oasis
Closed Thread