Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 01-13-2023, 02:46 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
View it through the context of waiting to die and see if that helps.
He has the choice of picking one of two outcomes, waiting to live (the positive outcome), or waiting to die (the negative outcome), and you tell him to pick the worst outcome which has no upside.

How are you doing in your quest to be the champion of 1999 in the year 2023?
Old 01-13-2023, 02:52 AM
Banned

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-13-2023, 02:52 AM
Banned

I don't actually know that MMOs are addictive for me. Most of the time I feel guilty for not logging in and playing enough. I've been playing on P99 blue for over 3 years and I think my highest level character is level 53? I could easily log out for 3 months and come back.

I'm even worse with WoW, where it's like, I buy a new expac, grind the honor gear, get bored and am done with playing for a few months until I try to rinse and repeat. As an old person it takes a lot of motivation to want to play an MMO in addictive fashion.

I think that's part of the appeal with a game like OW 2 or League of Legends, you don't have to dump a lot of time or hours into them to have fun. You can play a couple of hours at a time.

In EQ I guess it really feels like you have to be hardcore dedicated, but I disagree. You'll level fast and it's rewarding to play a lot, but I've literally leveled multiple characters 1-50 while mostly AFK and doing things around my room or office.
Old 01-13-2023, 03:05 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WokeCat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't actually know that MMOs are addictive for me. Most of the time I feel guilty for not logging in and playing enough. I've been playing on P99 blue for over 3 years and I think my highest level character is level 53? I could easily log out for 3 months and come back.

I'm even worse with WoW, where it's like, I buy a new expac, grind the honor gear, get bored and am done with playing for a few months until I try to rinse and repeat. As an old person it takes a lot of motivation to want to play an MMO in addictive fashion.

I think that's part of the appeal with a game like OW 2 or League of Legends, you don't have to dump a lot of time or hours into them to have fun. You can play a couple of hours at a time.

In EQ I guess it really feels like you have to be hardcore dedicated, but I disagree. You'll level fast and it's rewarding to play a lot, but I've literally leveled multiple characters 1-50 while mostly AFK and doing things around my room or office.

Let's face it, if the human race is addicted to EQ then it must have really low standards, nothing better to do, or just simply doesn't know the difference between something good and something bad because it's been kept in a cave all its life. Mind you, mortal humans aren't famous for being bright especially the ones who would rather die forever than live forever.
Old 01-13-2023, 09:40 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gugg [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
He has the choice of picking one of two outcomes, waiting to live (the positive outcome), or waiting to die (the negative outcome), and you tell him to pick the worst outcome which has no upside.

How are you doing in your quest to be the champion of 1999 in the year 2023?
I just wanted to thank you for taking the time to explain to me that my comment was pessimistic. You've inspired in me sir a new lease on life, which I swear to you I will henceforth strive to live every day to its utmost while at the same time inspiring a positive outlook in others.
Old 01-13-2023, 09:50 AM
Banned

If I could wear a full suit of plate armor to work, I'd probably never play another MMO ever again.
Old 01-13-2023, 09:54 AM
Planar Protector

There's really nothing stopping you. Go fetch your squire girl.
Old 01-13-2023, 09:55 AM
Banned

Old 01-13-2023, 11:20 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gugg [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Let's face it, if the human race is addicted to EQ then it must have really low standards, nothing better to do, or just simply doesn't know the difference between something good and something bad because it's been kept in a cave all its life. Mind you, mortal humans aren't famous for being bright especially the ones who would rather die forever than live forever.
Old 01-13-2023, 11:33 AM
Planar Protector

Ditched my traditional desktop. Bought a PS5. Now I sparingly play Gran Turismo, FF7 remake, and Overwatch 2 on my brand new couch in my newly built house. Much better way to scratch the itch with about 10 hours / week average.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist View Post
With enough Clerics any class can survive AoW.