Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-19-2015, 12:42 AM
Planar Protector

If you are cool you won't have any problems. Gotta role play a toon you love.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 04-19-2015, 12:57 AM
Sarnak

Gustoo. Cheers fella.

Not 100% a Tank is a good idea...but I'll see how it pan's out.
Old 04-19-2015, 01:28 AM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixpence [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fair enough, but being honest, do you think a newbie (to Red) really could have 'fun' without smashing the monitors to bit's in frustration?
I know my zones & raided a little, but it looks like a whole new level.
I'm new to Red and I've had more fun then I did on Blue and I'm not even that crazy about PvP. I've actually found more groups on Red then I ever did on Blue and it just makes the game more fun. As long as you realize that this is a game you should be fine. If I get killed it's pretty much a "ah shit" and I go back to doing whatever.
Old 04-19-2015, 01:35 AM
Sarnak

Corvus

Are you always keeping an eye on your group mates or is the inter PK'ing more the exception to the rule ?
Old 04-19-2015, 01:41 AM
Skeleton

From my personal experience (pretty limited only level 20) I've yet to have any issue with someone in my group while exping. Like someone mentioned before it seems most people under level 50 just want to group up for the extra exp modifier and get those levels asap.

I was pretty paranoid at first when I was getting the hang of things but I've pretty much adjusted and live by the "to hell with it" attitude and don't even worry about it. I really don't even use anon anymore and people have actually messaged me to group because of it. I would highly recommend grouping as much as possible the exp bonus is insanely fast.
Old 04-19-2015, 04:52 AM
Fire Giant

Default .

I personally leveled 10 level 60s with no pvp involved, at 6x the exp rate of blue

Now i just play one day a week loot some pixels, then update my facebook page.
Old 04-19-2015, 05:13 AM
Banned

yea my experiance is a lot like corvus's. But my ratio is atrocious omg.
Old 04-19-2015, 05:50 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farzo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
yah Sixpence, think of those quiet awkward late 20's early 30's people you meet that give a shiver down your back coz something is off about them.

no gf's/wife
rent bumpy side room of garage off family member

wearing ratty clothes, and work 2-3 days a week, bags under eyes from playing 12 hours a day on their days off, slighty plump body size.

that's about 75% of Red99's population

the other 25% have fulltime/gfs/wives jobs and think they are killing irl

all in all everyone here is pretty twisted, or has some tweek that makes them play a 16 year old game..luv it
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-19-2015, 09:30 AM
Sarnak

Here is my advice from new player to new player.

Most people 1-50 are just looking to group and gain levels. If you get in a group things should be ok with the group members.

Travelling around is where you will be most at danger when you pass by a random person in your level range or if you hang out at druid/wizard portal areas long enough you are bound to get a fight.

In dungeons 50 and under it is mostly twinks who like to run through and kill a few new players that have no chance of fighting back. Learn who they are and have fight, escape or recovery plans ahead of time. Use r99pvp.com and look at the dungeon you are heading to and you will easily see who the twink killers are by the 400 kills they have there. Then just watch out for them with /who. Still it is good learning experience even if you can't win.

Also if you are not in a group or dungeon, I highly recommend not turning on roleplay or anonymous to hide your level or locations. First you will find that people will randomly send you tell to join their group or do things. Second, you will need to build pvp experience somehow, so you might as well start learning from level 1.
Old 04-19-2015, 01:44 PM
Kobold

It really comes down to this: regardless of why you end up in PVP embrace it as a part of the experience and learn from it. When I get dunked I take the Andrew Luck approach and compliment my attacker, if you don't get heated and look at the situation objectively the loser usually made a sloppy erro; he didnt invis or chose not to check the zone regularly. My favorite person on red once said something to me that made PVP easier to "get" for me. He said: "PVP on this box is 10% skill, the rest is all luck and preparation." So every time I head somewhere it's fully buffed, with a pumice, with the right spell set for the zone I'm moving to. I see new players with the approach being discussed here about just exping and if they get killed just taking it and moving on. I like that you aren't taking to OOC butthurt but you are missing an opportunity to make yourself stronger by acknowledging your part in the fight.
Last edited by Veltira; 04-19-2015 at 01:46 PM.. Reason: Can't spell cuz I'm a girlbrains
Closed Thread