Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-08-2011, 08:04 PM
Sarnak

Why are there no dev responses on these remaining issues. I am starting to get worried.

Top issues by far atm are.

-AC mitigation does nothing in pvp.
-Recharging insta click items is freaking broken for any casual player.
-Guards still do not assist in pvp fights allowing grief of newbies in towns.
-Stuns land way too often.

Null, Nillbog, Emp Rogean, Amelinda, anyone got anything on a fix?
Old 11-08-2011, 08:08 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crenshinabon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why are there no dev responses on these remaining issues. I am starting to get worried.

Top issues by far atm are.

-AC mitigation does nothing in pvp.
-Recharging insta click items is freaking broken for any casual player.
-Guards still do not assist in pvp fights allowing grief of newbies in towns.
-Stuns land way too often.

Null, Nillbog, Emp Rogean, Amelinda, anyone got anything on a fix?
AC mitigation they know about and are already working on it.

Recharging instant clickers is something good for casuals cause all hardcores will farm the items 500x times if recharging don't work and will have them anyway,

Guard assist they are also already working on and have said so 100 times on the forums already,

Stuns landing to often? What stuns are landing to often? Cause it's definitely not Wizard stuns cause they aint landing for shit, costing shitloads of mana and doesnt last for shit.
Quote:
exploit - is the code word for they outleveled me and are now outfarming me
Old 11-08-2011, 08:10 PM
Planar Protector

From those parses, I think the overall damage intake between INTs and Warriors isn't too far off from an ideal point (87% vs 64% hit rate). You're talking a ~40% difference in melee on a warrior vs a caster when you factor in 100AC as a 1.58% increase in mitigation.

With that said, it's stupid that 100 AC is only a 1.58% increase in mitigation. This screws warriors relative to non-INTs (well, pending if you thinka 40% difference is large enough). Since this basically means that casters are getting crushed while rogues and WIS casters are mitigating like warriors and monks are taking the least damage from melee.

Ideally, we want overall melee damage intake to look like Plate Tank > Monk (via avoidance) > Bard/Cleric >> Chain >> Druid > INTs. So yeah, decrease the relative potency of avoidance AC and increase the potency of mitigation AC seems like a good end goal from here.

Double the effect of AC from 100AC:1.5% to 100AC:3%, decrease the relative miss gap (ie, how often an attack misses, not counting combat skills) by 1/2. Without including combat skills, the parse shows a 26% warrior miss rate and a 10% caster miss rate. Half the relative miss gap would be 8%. So, the naked Warrior hit rate would go from 64% to 72% while the value of AC doubles.

Not sure how easy that is to actually input.
Old 11-08-2011, 08:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrison [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Salty has never contributed positively to the project or community.

You and your "guild" are the perfect example of the type of lowlife scumbags that ruin the project.
No GM past or present could handle leading 300 people on a pvp server after a dragon when it's obvious to everyone that none of the players in said guild have ever pvp'd before.

Every single one of said staff, past or present, wouldn't be able to handle the competition of forces who have been playing pvp 5+ years, especially on the Emu releases.

I state as evidence that your original rant is nothing more than a bunch of grown ass men getting their feelings hurt and running away.

What you understand, and why you come at me when given the opportunity, is that I'm an Emperor. I'm better than you, and will continue to be better than you and all other whiny babies who can't handle the heat.

Cry when things don't go your way, that's how blues roll. I take whats mine. First peg cloak at 30 in SK on red99 beta? No fucking problem bro, come at me.
Last edited by Salty; 11-08-2011 at 08:24 PM..
Old 11-08-2011, 08:24 PM
Fire Giant

Salty for president, make me a general of the fish bro.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakaris View Post
My brother is an award winning body builder and I'm faster bigger and stronger than him.
The Dukes Vengeance
Old 11-08-2011, 08:56 PM
Banned

like i said salty is hilarious and i hope he stays un banned

the characters on this forum are more awesome , i luv em all
Old 11-08-2011, 08:56 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Knuckle

Thank you everyone for shitting up my thread <3
Old 11-08-2011, 08:58 PM
Banned

bro if you dont want your thread shitted up put it on a diff website

guaranteed poop lasagna here
Old 11-08-2011, 09:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No GM past or present could handle leading 300 people on a pvp server after a dragon when it's obvious to everyone that none of the players in said guild have ever pvp'd before.
It was "obvious" to me that you had never pvp'd before when I handily killed you in a 1 on 3 in possibly the most unbalanced matchup (in your favor), in addition to making you run/camp/gate every single subsequent time we were in the same zone because the thought of a "bluebie" killing you again would shatter what little street cred you have in the pvp community. But then it turned out that you had pvp'd before and you're just like a dumb dog that can't learn how to play even after years of playing this game.

Salty, until I met you I had never known someone with such delusions of grandeur. You will always be mediocre. Please realize this before your crushing failure on red99 at the hands of my guild causes you to consider suicide.
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
[50 (sometimes 49) Bard] Wolfram Alpha (Half Elf) ZONE: oasis
Old 11-08-2011, 09:43 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Knuckle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazortag [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It was "obvious" to me that you had never pvp'd before when I handily killed you in a 1 on 3 in possibly the most unbalanced matchup (in your favor), in addition to making you run/camp/gate every single subsequent time we were in the same zone because the thought of a "bluebie" killing you again would shatter what little street cred you have in the pvp community. But then it turned out that you had pvp'd before and you're just like a dumb dog that can't learn how to play even after years of playing this game.

Salty, until I met you I had never known someone with such delusions of grandeur. You will always be mediocre. Please realize this before your crushing failure on red99 at the hands of my guild causes you to consider suicide.
Delusions of Grandeur? That award was given to Dojii a long time ago. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]