Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2011, 04:52 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by soup [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is this a joke? Account trading was INSANELY rampant in classic.
Comprehension issues? Say, whaaaaaaaaaaa? I never said it wasn't rampant. I said it was illegal.
Old 04-28-2011, 05:04 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuriin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Comprehension issues? Say, whaaaaaaaaaaa? I never said it wasn't rampant. I said it was illegal.
It was extremely common and rampant in Classic, therefore they allow it to be extremely common and rampant here. Pretty simple.
Old 04-28-2011, 05:05 PM
Kobold

considering p99 staff has no standing to bring any legal charges to these dastardly account sellers, why not drop it? you're starting to look silly bringing up the legality of trading ingame items for an ingame character/account on an emulated server. dropitbro
Old 04-28-2011, 05:12 PM
Orc

If you want it to be more like a live experience, shun players who purchased accounts. If you know the original owner and know they sold it, taunt the new owner by calling him an "EBAYED FAG"

thatll teach em...
Old 04-28-2011, 05:17 PM
Skeleton

Man selling back in the day was a key component of classic EQ. When I was maybe 17 / 18 years old before the Kunark Era, I remember camping Pyzjin for a Glowing Black Stone (someone told me about its value) and lucky enough, caught her in the thick, looted my GBS and got tells from multiple level 50's offering me real high end gear...

Needless to say, when I was told it was worth near a grand or more if I were to sell it on Ebay, I felt like I won the lottery. Think I traded it for like an SMR, GEB's, Rubi BP, Black Sapphire Necklace, Runed Cowl etc (that was to the best of my memory)I got my Wizzy up to 50, turned around and sold that SOB on ebay for 1500-2k, then it was just about leveling up, skipping school and making money from there on out, all while making great friends and loving life. Some people just can't let go of their characters, for me, once I had damn near the best gear and I was getting bored with my toon, it was time to sell / trade and move on. Its all subjective.

Sold my last character right before the PoP Era, not sure if it was still legal then or not, but playerauctions.com worked just fine. Had a Erudite Necro on Tunare all geared the hell out and sold him for a solid grand or so (by that time, prices had gone wayyyyy down)

I know, that was a really fun and cool story....for me
Old 04-28-2011, 05:26 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by soup [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It was extremely common and rampant in Classic, therefore they allow it to be extremely common and rampant here. Pretty simple.

Annoying debate, but, your argument is not logical.
Old 04-28-2011, 05:34 PM
Kobold

as always...

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-28-2011, 05:39 PM
Fire Giant

More opinions that nobody gives a fuck about.
Old 04-28-2011, 05:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zereh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not trying to un-ring a bell. /shrug I don't give a shit what people do with their accounts. <3 I still have my original account on Live and no one will ever get their filthy paws on my account here.

I personally think it's lame to trade / sell / give handjobs or whatever for pre-leveled characters. For all the QQs of how "easy" it is to level up and how any moron can play any class it kind of surprises me that there's a market for it at all. But I guess the greedy cater to the lazy, so it keeps all of y'all content.

Trade away!
You give handjobs?
Old 04-29-2011, 02:10 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuriin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Annoying debate, but, your argument is not logical.
Oh, so to be classic then they should not allow the account trading to be done openly on their forums, but still not give a shit?

That would be the cloest to classic, but it would be very stupid.

Or do you want them to waste GM/guide time aggressively pursuing traded accounts and having to deal with the massive cluster fuck that goes with it? Not classic, but hey, you'd get your wish!

Or, we could have the system we have now, where they let you trade them on the forums, no one gives a shit, and we have Bob to do escrow.
Closed Thread