Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 12-05-2015, 09:00 PM
Banned

Brood war was great too.

The 90s was easily the best era for video gaming.
Old 12-05-2015, 09:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by iruinedyourday [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Im actually happy about this remake, because I will give this one another go... it was a bad game and I stopped caring about it halfway through back when it originally came out.

I am sure I will feel the same after about 10 minuets of this new one, but hey, another shot to try this version of the game that some fools love is fine by me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Griffin
THEY'RE SPEAKING ITALIAN!
Old 12-05-2015, 09:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamwiseRed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
dark souls, earth bound, and ff3 are up there. there are some others i might replace these with given more time to think about it like diablo 2 for instance.

ff7 definitely not in my top 10. suikoden was a better rpg than ff7.
I agree, Suikoden was absolutely a better RPG in many ways.

I think the people who like FF7 like it because of the story and atmosphere first, and the mechanics second. It had so many memorable characters, concepts, and events... at least for people who weren't ADD kids like IRYD and actually read the dialogue and sat still for the cutscenes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KagatobLuvsAnimu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The 90s was easily the best era for video gaming.
Doesn't hurt that we were kids so all of it probably has a fuzzy tint.

Honestly, as much as I loved Morrowind (It was the most immersive TES, actually having to read clues and figure things out, more freedom), Skyrim was my favorite installment. It was just too rich and polished compared to clunky Morrowind.
Old 12-05-2015, 09:10 PM
Banned

Morrowind was indeed clunky as all hell, but even replaying it after finishing Skyrim, after the first hour I didn't even notice how dated the graphics were anymore. Skyrim is just so stifling by comparison and I don't have the attention span to go digging for the 30 something mods required to bring back all of the great mechanics that were removed like custom spells and throwing weapons, jump/lev, mark/recall, the list goes on.
Old 12-05-2015, 09:25 PM
Banned

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by KagatobLuvsAnimu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't really play many weeaboo games.

Favorite over all is probably Morrowind?
Well I thought we were doing quality rankings, not favorites rankings! And there's just no way I can relate to a guy who would rate a WRPG, a Bethesda WRPG, his favorite game of all time, so I won't even bother trying to grief. Apples and oranges.

Kaga and Samwise, play Seiken Densetsu 3 on coop with ur lover (kek) some time. It's easily the best JRPG ever made except maybe Chrono Trigger.

My favorites just so happen to also be the three objectively most superior games of all time:

3. SD3
2. SotN
1. Counterstrike

I don't think it's really fair to rank competitive games alongside single player though. Obviously CS lacks content and art direction and music -- it's only the best game of all time because it's been the standard measuring stick for skill at videogames for decades, and still gets my hands to shake on LAN after that amount of time. I'd say Brood War is a decent choice as well for the same reason, although it's made of rather unexceptional game mechanics compared to superior RTS games that never hit a critical mass of players, like Total Annihilation and Company of Heroes.

SotN is by far the best game ever made in terms of the quality of art direction, music, content, and single-player combat immersiveness. But even that gets old after a recent playthrough, and the difficulty curve needs to be stronger, and it's missing a couch coop mode that would be very easy to implement.

Honorable mention for Terraria, the best game of the last 10 years by leaps and bounds.
Old 12-05-2015, 09:26 PM
Planar Protector

EARTHBOUND OR GTFO
Old 12-05-2015, 09:28 PM
Banned

I never finished Earthbound 'cause it's stupidly archaic that I have to choose from a menu that includes "talk" when I am standing totally alone just trying to pick an item up off a countertop.

Does that make u mad?
Old 12-05-2015, 09:30 PM
Planar Protector

yes

also if you press the L button it skips that menu :P
Old 12-05-2015, 09:31 PM
Banned

Streets of Rage (Bare Knuckle) 2
TMNT 4 Turtles in Time

If you want multilayer.
Don't ruin a perfect side scrolling RPG with multi-player.

Stop fixing what ain't broke.
Old 12-05-2015, 09:31 PM
Planar Protector

Turtles in Time was stupidly good
Closed Thread