Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-08-2013, 05:18 PM
Fire Giant

well now

war can to solo but with understanding you will have down time. Bind wound skill is your friend. IS IT THE FASTEST SOLO XP ? Hell no but it can be done just have to keep an open mind.

Ranger can solo in any outdoor zone even more so at 15 when he/she gets harmony. use your bows to soften your target up before you have to melee. you will use ton of arrows but you can do it. again keep open mind.

it is in most situation way way way better to group , but that is not always possible. while you wait lfg is it better to sit on you but doing nothing or kill a mob and sit down and med / get hp back ?
Old 06-08-2013, 05:30 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCB [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As one of the two rangers that was in Taruk's group, I feel that I can confirm that we weren't weak, and that the xp penalty wasn't a big deal.

The real problem was that he was a 15 in a group with 20s, imo.
I really hope you didn't construe my post as anything to do with our group - Velious removed hybrid penalties for a reason, because they suck and hurt the individual as much as anyone they group with, and I think we should get that change put in now instead of waiting for Velious 'just cuz'

It seems I'm outvoted in this regard so we'll just have to wait.

(that said, if you think that extra 40% for each hybrid in the group doesn't add up to some shitty penalties for the rest of the group I think you are mistaken)
Old 06-08-2013, 05:55 PM
Kobold

isnt iksar monk exp penalty worse than bard/ranger/paladin? no one seems to complain about having iksar monks.
Old 06-08-2013, 06:02 PM
Planar Protector

At least ducking interrupts spellcasting on your server. If I were nilbog I'd nerf that for you guys if you kept this sort of thing up :P

Red99
Old 06-08-2013, 09:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luchino [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
isnt iksar monk exp penalty worse than bard/ranger/paladin? no one seems to complain about having iksar monks.
Its worse. 44%. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] How soon people forget. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-09-2013, 06:47 AM
Planar Protector

Been soloing KC on my ranger since 51, dunno where everyone gets these weird misconceptions from.
Old 06-09-2013, 08:52 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarukShmaruk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I really hope you didn't construe my post as anything to do with our group - Velious removed hybrid penalties for a reason, because they suck and hurt the individual as much as anyone they group with, and I think we should get that change put in now instead of waiting for Velious 'just cuz'

It seems I'm outvoted in this regard so we'll just have to wait.

(that said, if you think that extra 40% for each hybrid in the group doesn't add up to some shitty penalties for the rest of the group I think you are mistaken)
Grouping with a hybrid doesn't mean everyone gets a rediculous xp nerf, http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...ad.php?t=24405 It just depends on everyone's total xp if I'm not mistaken, being with someone higher level than you can be more detrimental to Xp than a hybrid.

Everquest Mysteries http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=231587
Old 06-09-2013, 10:29 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoht [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
shit's classic

and you knew about it coming in, so...
What's your point? They aren't making this a completley classic experience. Varience is added not because of classic, rather to improve what they see is an issue. That opens the door to add whatever they feel improves classic. There is no difference. If they wanted pure classic, varience wouldn't be in.
Old 06-09-2013, 11:17 AM
Sarnak

I'd be fine with them being gone just because in this case, I don't think they add anything to the game only subtract from it.

Just like I don't want the classic experience of having the boat disappear when I zone and appearing in the middle of the ocean 20% of the time while taking the boat to Butcherblock.
Old 06-09-2013, 11:24 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vondra [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just like I don't want the classic experience of having the boat disappear when I zone and appearing in the middle of the ocean 20% of the time while taking the boat to Butcherblock.

I'll give the Devs credit. At least the boats sort of work most of the time. A hell of a lot better than Sony did on live in the beginning. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread