Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2017, 12:38 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crom [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
how would this work if I put a snare or a dot on a mob..as long as the effect is on it should keep the aggro even with lazy since else I could just super dot a summoning mob , gate out of range wait till mob is dead and just finish it since this lazy thing would prevent a mob from attacking/summoning me or ?
When you dotted a mob and got out of lazy aggro the mob would deaggro, go back to whatever it was doing and regen fast. If your dot was still on it and you reentered the aggro radius it'd reaggro you and your dot would start working again but his hp would be probably full given the speed of unaggroed regen. Aggro always stays on the mob and any mob that he pathed by would also have aggro on you meaning random aggro for as long as you stayed in dungeon or till you FD cleared it.

Oh on a summoning mob I'd imagine it'd summon you. King in Chardok would sometimes gate from zone in and summon peeps and that was outside his lazy aggro, it just won't bother to chase you across the zone.
Last edited by Ikon; 01-05-2017 at 12:58 AM..
Old 01-05-2017, 09:25 AM
Kobold

Mobs would completely mem blur after 10 minutes as long as you do nothing to reagro. Mobs outside of lazy agro would not summon, atleast i know for a fact that overking wouldnt summon you from zone in. I solo'd him at zone in all the time and he never summoned me when he gated.
Old 01-05-2017, 10:46 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Mobs would completely mem blur after 10 minutes as long as you do nothing to reagro. Mobs outside of lazy agro would not summon, atleast i know for a fact that overking wouldnt summon you from zone in. I solo'd him at zone in all the time and he never summoned me when he gated.
You might be right about the summoning thing, would make this quote from the OP make sense:

Quote:
The thing is to pull to a place where the banishing point is in Trak's lazy aggro range and getting him into summoning mode before the first trak touch lands.
Regarding the memblur after 10 mins, I don't think its correct. When I did the research for this there were a lot of comments about lazy aggro spreading the hate all over the zone and the only way of clearing it logging or zoning. They were referring to wandering mobs though which don't reset at spawn? or do they?. For static mobs who return to spawn I think aggro would be dropped as it normally is when mobs return to spawn.
Old 01-05-2017, 11:01 AM
Planar Protector

The 10 minute thing is correct, atleast it was on Al'Kabor. It was demonstrated by players there before the server came down. However such a unique aggro mechanic will be very difficult to prove the inception of it. Especially since from 1999-2001 people were still figuring out the basics of the game. You had clerics complaining about the OP nature of Druids and warrior complaining about how good Paladins had it on raids...

But basically, if you're attacking the mob or building aggro in any way, the 10 min timer wouldn't matter. It was only like... kiting a mob around for 10 min without generating any aggro.
Old 01-05-2017, 11:15 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The 10 minute thing is correct, atleast it was on Al'Kabor. It was demonstrated by players there before the server came down. However such a unique aggro mechanic will be very difficult to prove the inception of it. Especially since from 1999-2001 people were still figuring out the basics of the game. You had clerics complaining about the OP nature of Druids and warrior complaining about how good Paladins had it on raids...

But basically, if you're attacking the mob or building aggro in any way, the 10 min timer wouldn't matter. It was only like... kiting a mob around for 10 min without generating any aggro.
Oh fair enough.
Old 01-05-2017, 11:37 AM
Kobold

Lazy agro definitely varied by mobs or zone or something. Idk but the thing about getting trak to summon you is accurate. That is how he was solo'd. Trakanon might not have had lazy agro. I recall the original boastful bellow AA had no LoS check and some crazy range. Thott posted about it somewhere how he used it to pull trakanon to zone in.

Its crazy how i even remember this little shit from so long ago
Old 01-05-2017, 11:50 AM
Planar Protector

Boastful Bellow had unlimited range, did not require line of sight and could be used while DA (this was honestly the most OP aspect of the ability)

I remember trying to solo Trakanon later on (70 or so), and if you didn't pull Trakanon to around the one-way door area with the Reets, he wouldn't summon you back after a banish. A little before that works too, in those jugg/reet tunnels.

I suspect summon didn't work if outside the lazy aggro code for banishing and gating mobs *generally*. But perhaps the way the server was coded, on ticks, it was possible on certain gates the mob could instantly summon the first person back, and then the next tick would occur and the mob would check if anyone in its aggro list is within their lazy aggro range, at which point they would stop trying to summon or chase anyone.

What I'm curious on, is what happens when you have two people. Let's say a Druid with 3000 Hate from snaring and a Warrior with 6000 Hate from tanking. If that Druid stays near the mob, and the warrior runs far away, eventually the mob should turn on the Druid and chase him because the Druid is within his lazy aggro radius. But what happens when the warrior returns? If the 10minute aggro dump rule occurs the warrior would of course have a clean slate and not be on aggro. But if he returns before the 10 minutes, it should theoretically break off the Druid and continue to chase him when back in Range. Could make for some interesting pulls if well coordinated.
Old 01-05-2017, 12:16 PM
Developer

I remember trying to solo Trak. And wasn't getting summoned back. Because I was too far away.

I am going to try and get lazy aggro coded up this week.
Old 01-05-2017, 01:08 PM
Kobold

Youre probably right about having to pull him a certain distance. And the first solo i can remember was done by a druid by pulling him to banish point actually.

clear all the see invis mobs from zoning to trak lair

- kill the cleric shrooms around "trak touch's room"

- kill the 2 mobs in "trak touch's room" + the roamer that comes inside (some roamers seem to have a very long path, not much to do about those)

- run invis to trak room, aggro him and pull it out of the room. there will be a train of juggs + trak. pray for him to touch you before you get killed.

- you pop up in the empty "trak touch's room". wait for the train to come to you, including trak (about 1mn for them to come from trak room)

- egress / exodus and run back, trak "camp corpse" for about 5mn, he should still be there, alone without the train

- good luck with the fight, he is a badass. hits for 650, proc 1500 drain life and the touch still interrupts the castings and makes it hard to corner tank. he runs at 15% HPs, cant be hit from out of melee range. takes 3 / 4 nukes to finish him, most likely with 2+ shrooms on you for the last 2 / 3 nukes.

Been spending about 20hrs on it over 2 weeks to find out this strat and manage a victory
Old 01-05-2017, 01:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I remember trying to solo Trak. And wasn't getting summoned back. Because I was too far away.

I am going to try and get lazy aggro coded up this week.
Haynar is there anyone I can talk to about getting on the P99 test server to test the code on these things to verify it works as described?

I imagine it will take a few different fixes to work out a fully functional lazy aggro code.
Closed Thread