Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-24-2016, 01:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by renordw [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I see, so do the devs officially support recharging items? If so, I can't even imagine what kind of exploit would be frowned upon.
Its supported on Live so why not here? They have had 17 years to "fix" it on live servers and they never did.
Old 07-24-2016, 01:52 PM
Kobold

Recharging was nerfed in Luclin mostly due to using rez staff to skip clearing VT. It's clearly an exploit but wasn't widely known about until Luclin.
Old 07-24-2016, 02:48 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey man. You seem kind of snarky. You either want to come and play on p99 and have fun with nilbog and rogean rules or you don't want to come have fun. There are other servers that operate in different ways. Or start your own if you think your vision will draw more people. Personally, I'm happy here.
Hi Nuggie, there's no need to attack me personally. It's a question. I think you know the "America, love it or leave it" attitude is kind of ridiculous, there's always room for discussion.
Old 07-24-2016, 02:52 PM
Large Bat

do not pin mobs in the wall's or corners and do not clear the trash mobs before the big boss, just fight them all at the same time. Stop exploiting mechanics, you dirty cheaters, gawd :/
Old 07-24-2016, 03:07 PM
Planar Protector

Even GMs on Live condoned its use, so I don't think it fits being an exploit.
Old 07-24-2016, 04:02 PM
Kobold

It's been adjusted as seen fit on this server vs live. Example: Ivandry's Hoop
Old 07-24-2016, 04:28 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by myriverse [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Even GMs on Live condoned its use, so I don't think it fits being an exploit.
Average platinum per account was also like 10k (10k was worth $200 in classic) on live so I don't know why we are even comparing the two.
Old 07-24-2016, 05:22 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by renordw [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not to be "that guy" but it seems like a hack, there's no reason the game should actually work that way.
Recharging is cool as fuck....It means that organized guilds have a system where any player that joins them becomes more powerful by gaining access to an array of potion effects including heal potions, slow potions, agroe etc....

It also means that raidings guilds have to be run like a business exploiting limited server resources, the guilds need to have a system for making platinum to fund their recharge sessions....

Some fights are impossible without heal potions...

Guilds have to budget which fights they choose to pick with what numbers too. You can't run yourself out of money by engaging in fights that cost you 100k to recharge your members for and only give you one sleepers tomb key (like sontolak)....or let your guild burn 50k on AoW when you probably won't get there with 50 people
Old 07-24-2016, 05:59 PM
Fire Giant

To me half of what EQ is all about is being able to do stuff the devs didn't intend for you to do with use of 'cleaver game mechanics' Aside from it being a grind and difficult MMO what also sets it apart is the jankiness. To me it's part of the charm.
Old 07-24-2016, 07:48 PM
Aviak

So how do you recharge items?
Closed Thread