Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2015, 06:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Right, because using a 9sec epic cast without taking a melee hit while tanking a summoning mob is completely feasible.

Also, there's no need to have stun immunity while being beat on by inc's because all mobs come preslowed

/eyeroll

Do you even shaman, bro?
Epic interrupt isn't going to kill you. The important spell to not have interrupted is torpor. This spell has a 6 second cast time. Melee rounds from a slowed mob come every 8 seconds. 6 < 8, which is math I'm sure even you could perform.
Old 05-22-2015, 06:20 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orruar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Epic interrupt isn't going to kill you. The important spell to not have interrupted is torpor. This spell has a 6 second cast time. Melee rounds from a slowed mob come every 8 seconds. 6 < 8, which is math I'm sure even you could perform.
It's amazing how every "What shaman race do you like best" thread turns into

"OMG OGRE NOSTUN IS USELESS ZOMGWAFFLES"

I prefer ogre. Other races have their perks, sure.

Side note, melee round timer and bash timer arent in sync, so, yet again, nostun has it's uses even against slow mobs, and yet again, getting those mobs slowed is much easier when you arent having your slows bashed out of you. Keeping your epic/dots rolling gets mobs dead faster, so you get more kills/given time, increasing your kill rate / chance of loot happening.

~Urrsa -60 Ogre Shaman-
~Gream -60 Dark Elf Cleric-
~Greame -60 Halfling Druid-
~Oppa -41 Dark Elf Enchanter-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar View Post
boxers are responsible for ruining EQ.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken View Post
Rogean sits on his ivory throne and casts lightning bolts at anyone that disagrees with him or goes against the grain.
Old 05-22-2015, 06:43 PM
Fire Giant

Yeah, what you prefer is the best pick. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I was disappointed with FSI, as I still got interrupted a lot. That was just my personal experience though - ymmv.
Old 05-22-2015, 06:59 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malrubius [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I play an Ogre SK and get spells interrupted all the time. From the front. I regret not having rolled a Troll SK instead - free innate fungi ftw.
You can still get interrupted by damage and push from the front, you just can't get stunned. Regardless, you are dead on wishing you'd chosen a troll for your SK. Shadowknights cannot solo the kinds of high risk, high value camps that shaman can, and FSI is much less important when you have support. They also lack the highly potent spells like Torpor and Turgur's which make stun immunity so valuable on a shaman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The key difference is in none of those situations would a non-ogre have died.

They would've just recast or learned to cast just after melee rounds; A skill many ogres probably don't attain because they figure "herpderpfrontalstunimmunitymorefacerolling". Which is likely to lead to them getting push interrupted due to their being oblivious to melee rounds hitting them.

Whereas someone who doesn't have it will have become aware of how to avoid both push and stun interrupts by casting in between attacks.

In summary, ogres lead to laziness and in the long run likely get interrupted the same amount.
Nobody is arguing that FSI is required, just that it's better. Only fools struggle to understand this. Non-ogres can recast or wait until after the a melee round? This means you're waiting to cast whatever spell are trying to get off, which is exactly the disadvantage a bash stun imparts. How is willfully manifesting a problem that you're trying to avoid any sort of solution to the problem? If you wait til after a round of combat to cast because a bash might interrupt it and you get bashed that round, you still aren't casting until after the bash stun wears off. If you it didn't bash you, then you didn't need to wait. Torpor and Turgur's both have cast times longer than a mob melee round, so casting right after a round to avoid having to channel thru it just means you have to channel through the next round. Ogres are better because they don't get interrupted by bash stuns, and they don't have to make these futile concessions. The idea that ogres get sloppy and end up playing poorly due to their clear advantage is pure conjecture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Side note, melee round timer and bash timer arent in sync, so, yet again, nostun has it's uses even against slow mobs, and yet again, getting those mobs slowed is much easier when you arent having your slows bashed out of you. Keeping your epic/dots rolling gets mobs dead faster, so you get more kills/given time, increasing your kill rate / chance of loot happening.
This is what not being a fool sounds like.
Old 05-22-2015, 07:38 PM
Planar Protector

orc
Old 05-23-2015, 10:35 AM
Planar Protector

I have a level 1 Troll alt that i use to get my spells for my Barb Shaman. Easy to do.

So not a problem to getting spells at all. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread