Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 05-31-2013, 11:21 AM
Fire Giant

First post here, but all these classes are close to my heart, so here goes:

I played a raiding bard from Vanilla to the end of PoP religiously, so I do appreciate all the bardly love that's getting tossed around here, but any of these classes can do a lot given a good player behind the wheel.

I *think* the question is about end-game raiding, and as far as that's concerned, you're going to be accepted as whatever class you want to play depending on 1) available playtime 2) skill as a player. We had plenty of Druids who were amazing players, went out of their way to help their guildmates and the guild, and we would have been far worse off without them. So, as far as choice is concerned, play what you enjoy.

Play-style probably is the most important to picking which one. Druids are probably the easiest solo class in the game, beating necro only due to ease of travel and selling junk, and starting off as a good race; allows you to play very casually. Enchanters need a lot of attention to solo and group properly, but it pays off in a big way (until raids). Bards need even More attention, if that's possible, but they are amazing solo/in groups, and godly at raids.

Finally, many people are talking up Velious being so awesome, but I haven't seen anyone mention how "Meh" Velious is for casters, especially ones that rely on MR spells (Enchanters, Druids to a lesser extent), and how boring most Velious raids are for Enchanters. Buff, Tash, toss a slow (until the Shamans can stick one), you're pretty much done. Heck, our Enchanters used to "tank" drakes in NtoV when our Rangers' discs were on cooldown. Druids have it easier only because they have other resist checks and have a larger utility pool, but they are in no way in demand like Enchanters or Bards. Enchanters will Always have a spot in a group, are amazing solo/duo'ers, but are crazy boring in pretty much every Velious raid. Bards will be in demand just like always, and this wont change until/if they ever get Fading Memories and AE Resist songs, which just bumps them from S to God tier.
Closed Thread