Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Trading Hub

Closed Thread

Old 07-14-2010, 09:14 PM
Planar Protector

Default Barbarian Spiritist's Hammer

125,000 platinum pieces

or your best offer

Hit me up in game or via PM.
Last edited by quido; 07-14-2010 at 09:20 PM..
Old 07-14-2010, 09:57 PM
Planar Protector

What's so funny?
Old 07-14-2010, 10:00 PM
Banned

From 30k to 45k and now 125k.

One of these things is not like the other!
Old 07-14-2010, 10:14 PM
Planar Protector

The market can't dictate a proper price on this item as it's been. First off, it's pretty silly that anyone has ever sold it. Do you know how many of these are in the game? Do you know how many people would like them? DA has only gotten one. The rest were gotten by IB and Transcendence. There have been two of these hammers sold ever, both let go by Transcendence. From then (which I think was right around the turn of the new year) none got sold until both of those were recently resold for 30 and 45k. In between those pairs of sales, I've received offers up to 85k for Jeremy's. I've had many 60k+ offers.

Also, people do not realize what a ridiculously powerful item this is for a Shaman. If you have your doubts, come group with me on Jeremy sometime. I will proc the fuck out of some shit.
Old 07-15-2010, 06:39 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skope [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
From 30k to 45k and now 125k.

One of these things is not like the other!
Lol, I like how you stated that.
Old 07-15-2010, 08:54 AM
Planar Protector

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by quido [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The market can't dictate a proper price on this item as it's been. First off, it's pretty silly that anyone has ever sold it. Do you know how many of these are in the game? Do you know how many people would like them? DA has only gotten one. The rest were gotten by IB and Transcendence. There have been two of these hammers sold ever, both let go by Transcendence. From then (which I think was right around the turn of the new year) none got sold until both of those were recently resold for 30 and 45k. In between those pairs of sales, I've received offers up to 85k for Jeremy's. I've had many 60k+ offers.

Also, people do not realize what a ridiculously powerful item this is for a Shaman. If you have your doubts, come group with me on Jeremy sometime. I will proc the fuck out of some shit.
If you're able to sell it for 125k, that's "the market" appropriately pricing the item. If you receive an offer which you think is high enough and accept the trade, that's also "the market" appropriately pricing the item. It's more accurate to say that you believe people have been underselling the item with regard to its rarity, demand, subjective utility, etc.

I think people tend to assume prices should always stay within their experience, and so prices begin to be set by tradition rather than their actual demand/supply.

This guy is entirely free to try to sell it for 125k, and no derogatory and pointless "THATS NOT THE PRICE" comments are really necessary or valid. The "price" isn't an objective concept. He takes longer to find a seller, then that's that - nothing wrong or evil about it. If he never sells it or other sellers (if there are any) undercut him, that's that.

Obviously it's legitimate to say "That seems a little high," but let's not go into patronizing nonsense about "it may only be sold for X amount, otherwise you're an idiot." I'm sure we'll see some initially high prices for leet kunark items like Tranquil Staff, etc initially, but those prices should fall a bit as the server becomes more saturated with them.

Side note: Imagine wielding one of those suckers at level 30 when the proc activates...that'd be awesome. Would it be worth 125k to me? Nah. But I don't speak for other people.
Old 07-15-2010, 09:27 AM
Planar Protector

I say raise it to 200k. Hell, go to 500k. If you can get that much plat for it do it.

Something is only worth what someone is willing to pay.

Take the SMR for example. About 8 people have been trying to sell those things for around 5-6k and none are buying. Soon you will see it fall low, and then i'll pick on up for about 3.5k lol
Old 07-15-2010, 09:29 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autotune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I say raise it to 200k. Hell, go to 500k. If you can get that much plat for it do it.

Something is only worth what someone is willing to pay.

Take the SMR for example. About 8 people have been trying to sell those things for around 5-6k and none are buying. Soon you will see it fall low, and then i'll pick on up for about 3.5k lol
Exactly.
Old 07-15-2010, 09:38 AM
Orc

Nonsense...

I see 10 ppl selling GEBs and they all want 9k+ for them. Supply and demand is dead!
Old 07-15-2010, 10:30 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivewin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nonsense...

I see 10 ppl selling GEBs and they all want 9k+ for them. Supply and demand is dead!
1) You provided no data (i.e. actual sales, not just advertised asking price)
2) You provided one instance of hearing hypothetical asking prices
3) There could be 80 people selling the hypothetical item "Dragon Slayer's cap of nerdrage" for 300k - if the item was in high enough demand and pp was easy enough to earn, that could still be a valid price

Sorry if i'm not convinced...
Closed Thread