Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-10-2013, 05:49 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mendan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What you lack in gear you make up in tears. God it's pathetic.
Saving that one for a month after xp loss is gone, i know most of nihilum is blue, other ones left the boat
Old 05-10-2013, 05:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ya called me lucky cus I have been resisted 100% during pvp. The last 1 I recall was vs Valkerie where after breaking tune I had a full resist and 2 partials at 100 for a total of 200 damage after like 5 nukes.

Your argument about 60s vs lvl 44s is retarded.

I understand your obligated to defend Nihilum since its the free pixel machine, but at some point you have to be really wondering why the fuck your defending a faggot that's killing server.

What good is every piece of loot if your playing by yourself?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Null [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I intend to get around to testing them...again, but IRL is a little rough at the moment and its not exactly a quick thing to test and document well enough to post here.

However...

Nothing has changed in respect to the resist code since beta, I did a diff of the beta source vs. the current and its exactly the same. Something could have changed in the database in regards to spell mods, but there isn't one for pure nukes, which seems to be what people are complaining about.

There is no difference between the different resist types when dealing with pure nukes, so saying that one sort of nuke is landing better or worse than another one is just not possible unless the nuke has an added component of stun (making it more likely to resist).

It is impossible to get a full resist of a pure nuke in the current resist code, just as it was on beta. There is a low chance to land a nuke for full regardless of the targets resist rate, but at 150FR/MR/CR/WhateveR on a pure nuke you should see a very high reduction in damage from partials.

When reading a lot of these posts it seems like people either A. using too small of samples. B. just don't know how the resist system is intended to work here (not there fault since details of it are not up on the wiki). C. listing their fully buffed resists before getting dispelled, debuffed and then nuked to shit or D. something has broken that is not readily apparent in the code, like a change outside of the resist code is somehow putting a dick in it.

I would bet A and B, possibly C and unlikely D (only because the resist code is largely segregated from everything else).

Anyhow ill have something for you guys as soon as I can, if someone doesn't beat me too it.
Old 05-10-2013, 05:55 PM
Planar Protector

It sounds like if some kunark spells are being resisted it's unintentional
Old 05-10-2013, 05:56 PM
Banned

lets keep the e-peenery out of this thread and discuss the topic
Old 05-10-2013, 06:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartbrand [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It sounds like if some kunark spells are being resisted it's unintentional
* #33 * *
01-14-2012, 05:34 AM

A closer look at your null quote
Old 05-10-2013, 06:31 PM
Planar Protector

I've never seen a patch note subsequent to that which altered the code though, so it seems as though if a change occurred it's unintended or it's a product of kunark spells perhaps not being coded for pvp appropriately, I'd be interested in testing on a rainy day like doing conflags @ 500 FR and then doing kunark FR spells @ 500 FR
Old 05-10-2013, 07:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hubris [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I can not think of a single time in 5 years where a GM decision has actually improved a EMU PvP server.

Can you? Every thing you do lowers the pop.
wrong when nilbog increased exp when pop was like 50 it went up fast

INCREASE EXP ~ only gm decision that makes pop actually go up
Old 05-10-2013, 07:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malevz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Retti sticking up for the people who called him shittywalk a few months ago, shits classic.
Remember when I dd the same for Nihilum? I was in the front lines dawg that's what happens when your a loud charismatic soldier.

I'll do it for any group of people I'm with. Whether their past or future enemies.

I probably went at it with Cwall and Mornin the most of anyone on the forum. Turns out they are way different than their forum trolls after getting to know them.

Remember how it's a game?
Old 05-10-2013, 09:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malevz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You were farming dino during raids and crying when no one came to rescue you from pvp
There was once this kid that lived in the jungle named Mogley who was friends with a bear name Balloo. They sang songs about the bare necessities and fought an evil tiger name Sheer Kahn.
Old 05-11-2013, 07:49 PM
Banned

Need some thrive in that motherfucker
Closed Thread