Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2013, 08:55 AM
Planar Protector

[QUOTE=Lagaidh;932090]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhambuk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I've seen this type of pattern in live and to an extent, here. I wonder if it's a necessary evil for a successful server? Is there a game or server anybody knows of where permaban is an immutable rule? How does a server like that fare? I have no experience upon which to draw for such parameters.

Is looking the other way by authority a necessary evil at times for the overall health? I only see arguments to the contrary- that we need hard rules and punishment to guarantee a successful community.

This is an honest question. I was thinking about it all and realized, the model I see talked about on this server is the only one I've ever experienced in EQ, EQ2, some WoW and P99.
I just don't see how the devs/gms can expect the entire server to follow the rules when they allow multiple people publicly to cheat and get away with it... why even try to contain any of it if you arent going to discipline the cheaters, shit time to go download mq. might get a slap on this wrist this afternoon if i do seeya next week!

Oh yea .... Piss Off.

H
Old 04-24-2013, 08:56 AM
Banned

Lagaidh, this server has lost more players because of the lax response to cheaters (and other dickish behavior) than it has lost players due to bans/account deletions.
Old 04-24-2013, 08:58 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Glad theres a happyish ending, by "vacation" Ephi probably means he's not gone forever?

My cleric was in FV for a while, does that make me a known RMTer? Be careful throwing around guild names when dishing the dirt on 1-2 people, it doesnt male everyone dirty [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was in no way insinuating everyone from FV is an RMT-er. I just knew that this particular RMT-er was in FV at one point, and thought that the information might help track his mains down.

From information I'm getting it seems that he was Earthguard, a 60 guised epic ranger who was banned for RMT a while back.
Old 04-24-2013, 09:13 AM
Planar Protector

i saw earthguard logged in at the most 3 weeks ago in EC. Also this sucks nord. GL with the hunt.
Old 04-24-2013, 09:33 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordenwatch [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
- Was on the account Stabbyjoe at one point or another. Not 100% confirmed if that is his account or one that he was using, but GMs will probably investigate soon!

Obviously the GMs would be able to know who this person is immediately, and if they were willing to spend the time I would love to help with everything I can do.

Please assist me in this, lets reveal douchebags for who they are!

EDIT: GMs moved in record time, this guy is banned and gone forever!
With talks to Norden, Stabbeyjoe is the same person in my opinion. He also made a 600k offer on the forums for my druid, then PM'd me saying he knew he was lowballing, but that I should just name my price and if I was going to sell for plat, he would be the one to buy it. No fungi stick offers, but said he had manastones, RoA, AoN and other toys.

The funny thing, I saw him online on stabbeyjoe after the supposed hammers went down on the RMT'ers. SO that account must have slipped through the cracks. Hopefully Ephi and his team of investigators will track him down.
Old 04-24-2013, 09:36 AM
Planar Protector

I've sent a PM to ephi about Stabbyjoe, the hunt continues!
Old 04-24-2013, 10:04 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanuven [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
With talks to Norden, Stabbeyjoe is the same person in my opinion. He also made a 600k offer on the forums for my druid, then PM'd me saying he knew he was lowballing, but that I should just name my price and if I was going to sell for plat, he would be the one to buy it. No fungi stick offers, but said he had manastones, RoA, AoN and other toys.

The funny thing, I saw him online on stabbeyjoe after the supposed hammers went down on the RMT'ers. SO that account must have slipped through the cracks. Hopefully Ephi and his team of investigators will track him down.
I can tell you that Earthguard and Stabbyjoe are not the same person. As I was in Flawless Victory before it broke up, I have heard both of those individuals talk in ventrillo.

From what I understand, Stabbyjoe is currently banned because he thought he might be able to get away with stealing platinum/items off of Knightt, who he knew was going to get banned for RMT. As Knightt and Stabbyjoe were both part of leadership in Flawless Victory, Stabbyjoe had access to his account. I'm not entirely sure how Stabbyjoe thought this was a good idea, but the point is don't ever associate with platinum or items that are affiliated with RMT, even if you are not the one taking part in the RMT transactions.
Old 04-24-2013, 10:04 AM
Sarnak

this is like the thing in boston only more important
Old 04-24-2013, 10:07 AM
Planar Protector

Hey norden does this leave you accountless? just curious if it did i could help you out...

Oh yea .... Piss Off.

H
Old 04-24-2013, 10:10 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by zanderklocke [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I can tell you that Earthguard and Stabbyjoe are not the same person. As I was in Flawless Victory before it broke up, I have heard both of those individuals talk in ventrillo.

From what I understand, Stabbyjoe is currently banned because he thought he might be able to get away with stealing platinum/items off of Knightt, who he knew was going to get banned for RMT. As Knightt and Stabbyjoe were both part of leadership in Flawless Victory, Stabbyjoe had access to his account. I'm not entirely sure how Stabbyjoe thought this was a good idea, but the point is don't ever associate with platinum or items that are affiliated with RMT, even if you are not the one taking part in the RMT transactions.
Stabbyjoe on forums was the hellowelfare678. He then in game told me about how he was locking down a guised ranger account for a lot of plat, but that did not have epic yet. The dude was trying to squeeze more plat out of him to get epics first. Both those stories and the items in question that were up for trade, leaves me to believe that it is the same person. Im not sure were Earthguards name came from all this.

My understanding was that Knightt was owned by Krayze or w/e. So who knows. But I can say I'm 95% sure hellowelfare678 = Stabbeyjoe in game.

GM's can roll through my PM's from him and my chat logs online if they would like to verify.
Closed Thread