Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2013, 08:50 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamwiseRed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

or

or

damn no wonder i joined the army.
It's really sad that these are the three choices you had in life. I feel bad for you.
Old 04-05-2013, 08:52 AM
Planar Protector

thanks man, i appreciate your empathy.
Old 04-05-2013, 08:52 AM
Planar Protector

Shit, even when we do vote against war, Jeb Bush steals the election anyway.
Old 04-05-2013, 08:53 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasbinbad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
1. That is correct. The CIA determines foreign policy, while various federal orgs determine domestic policy. These organizations are top down without exception, with the orders ultimately coming from the illuminati, however you choose to envision them. IN no case ever has anyone voted on anything that has affected actual policy.

2. I never said that. You said that. I simply pointed out the futility of saying "X-number of people agree, so it must be true," which is a ludicrous statement.
1. The president (voted by people) nominates the head of the CIA, so yes who people vote for president does affect foreign policy. But you already knew that.

2. If the majority is that overwhelming that they want these candidates to establish policy, It's pretty obvious they want the military over seas. (AKA they are the people responsible for war time operations and the unavoidable/unacceptable deaths there)
Old 04-05-2013, 08:55 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamwiseRed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
thanks man, i appreciate your empathy.
Empathy would be me saying "I understand that situation must be hard for you to deal with." What I showed you is sympathy. It's much more of a shallow, uncaring emotion where I get the catharisis of feeling bad momentarily, only to snap back to my amazing life, without ever having really shared anything with you. If I were empathetic, I would need to truly understand how your life choices in this arena affect you, and then express that understanding in a cognizent manner.

I actually care more about explaining the difference between empathy and sympathy to you than I care about you.

Fuck you.
Old 04-05-2013, 08:56 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tippett [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
(voted by electoral college, which is not beholdant to the people in any way shape or form)
ftfy
Old 04-05-2013, 08:58 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tippett [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
1. The president (voted by people) nominates the head of the CIA, so yes who people vote for president does affect foreign policy. But you already knew that.

2. If the majority is that overwhelming that they want these candidates to establish policy, It's pretty obvious they want the military over seas. (AKA they are the people responsible for war time operations and the unavoidable/unacceptable deaths there)
2 is based on 1, and I falsified 1, so it follows that 2 is also false.
Old 04-05-2013, 08:59 AM
Planar Protector

i assumed you had similar life choices and thats why you felt bad because you've been there. guess not.
Old 04-05-2013, 09:01 AM
Banned

People vote for the members of the electoral college on a state by state basis

this is getting dum dog going to bed now hehe, till our next argument (probably be awhile, I usually avoid obvious trolls but I was bored and angsty)

US Citizens > State Official > President > CIA Head > Foreign Policy > Military Occupation > Civilian Casualties
Old 04-05-2013, 09:02 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
i assumed you had similar life choices and thats why you felt bad because you've been there. guess not.
Well, I saw those 3 obvious choices.. obfuscating all the awesome behind them.

Some of us can see more out there.