Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

View Poll Results: Do you think Luclin models should be an option for Project 1999?
I do not want Luclin models 554 66.75%
I want Luclin models. 276 33.25%
Voters: 830. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2009, 09:18 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by messiah_b [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes we are all lobbying to have options taken away. Luclin models are 100% available, but the dev team decided to set Luclin_Models = false just to watch people squirm.

Yes I will make fun of people who like them because they are at best mediocre examples of game artwork. This does not affect my vote in the poll what so ever. Hell this could be a poll to change all avatars to naked toons of Katee Sackhoff and Jewel Staite and I would...well I would probably vote for that.

I never said you were lobbying to have choices taken away, just simply don't use the devs time as the excuse for your opinion. If you don't want the models on the server vote no and either give the real reason you voted the way you did, or just leave no opinion at all. I may disagree with Stormlords opinion, but at least he gave one beyond, "Well I'd be all for it, but it would waste the devs time."

I'm just sick of seeing the devs become the scapegoat.

And am I the only one who doesn't understand why the general male population finds Katee Sackhoff attractive?
Last edited by Swank; 12-01-2009 at 09:22 PM..
Old 12-01-2009, 09:26 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swank [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I never said you were lobbying to have choices taken away...
Yes you did. That's exactly what you said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swank [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
snobs decide to take away options that wouldn't effect them
Old 12-01-2009, 09:28 PM
Kobold

Quote:
I never said you were lobbying to have choices taken away, just simply don't use the devs time as the excuse for your opinion. If you don't want the models on the server vote no and either give the real reason you voted the way you did, or just leave no opinion at all.

I'm just sick of seeing the devs become the scapegoat
Aren't you just using the alleged scapegoating of the devs as the excuse for your opinion? If you want the models on the server vote yes and either give the real reason you voted the way you did, or just leave no opinion at all.
Old 12-01-2009, 09:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
So since there's only six or so different faces for each race you just RP yourself as having lots of twins? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

All joking aside I understand your point, but to me, I could care less how others see me, since I'm never going to be playing from their computer.
Believe it or not, I actually select my face. They all have their own character and tell a story - this is what people THINK. That story is different from one person to another. What we're talking about in this thread is what people SEE, not what they THINK.
Old 12-01-2009, 09:41 PM
Aviak

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-01-2009, 09:44 PM
Skeleton

Lobbying implies your saying something soley to sway others opinions, I never accused you of doing that. I merely wanted people to give a valid reason for their argument, not blame the devs.

Villide. If you could quote for me where I used the devs as the basis for my opinion I'd love to read it. I'm pretty sure I said I don't want to use the new models, but I'm not sure why we'd limit others options when it doesn't effect us. But the way you were able to try to use my quote to turn my argument around sure made you look smart. Well done.

And Stormlord, I respect your opinion and the "[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]" face was suppose to indicate that the twins comment was made tongue in cheek. I actually choose my face too, as I always figured everyone here did. Not exactly sure why you made that some kind of revelation.
Last edited by Swank; 12-02-2009 at 11:40 AM..
Old 12-01-2009, 09:52 PM
Aviak

Just got home from work and wanted to say thank you to Nil for posting the poll. While it appears that I obviously misjudged the support for luclin models, I really appreciate you going through the motions.

My opinion still stands that people should have a choice. However, such is life and I still love the game.

Heading out for the night, will be interesting to see if we break 20 =P
Old 12-01-2009, 10:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Lobbying implies your saying something soley to sway others opinions, I never accused you of doing that. I merely wanted people to give a valid reason for their argument, not blame the devs.

Villide. If you could quote for me where I used the devs as the basis for my opinion I'd love to read it. I'm pretty sure I said I don't want to use the old models, but I'm not sure why we'd limit others options when it doesn't effect us. But the way you were able to try to use my quote to turn my argument around sure made you look smart. Well done.

And Stormlord, I respect your opinion and the "[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]" face was suppose to indicate that the twins comment was made tongue in cheek. I actually choose my face too, as I always figured everyone here did. Not exactly sure why you made that some kind of revelation.
I wasn't sure what your point was. Just a random post. But since I had already determined that this thread is about what we SEE as opposed to what we THINK, I decided that I'd interject and insert that thought just for reference purposes.
Old 12-01-2009, 10:25 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormlord [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I wasn't sure what your point was. Just a random post. But since I had already determined that this thread is about what we SEE as opposed to what we THINK, I decided that I'd interject and insert that thought just for reference purposes.
Understood, sorry if you took my post as an insult. It wasn't the way I intended it. I too like to RP, my baby Dwarf Warrior only speaks in Dwarvish and with that Scottish accent all Dwarves seem to for some reason have in popular media.
Old 12-01-2009, 10:29 PM
Skeleton

honestly I feel the poll is missing a question...
"I'm okay with letting people have a choice"
other possible questions...
"No change, all must see what I like!"
"Luclin had the kittens I can't live without!" < sarcasm
"Everquest can't be fully enjoyed without Luclin"