Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-26-2013, 10:49 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountree [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have a feeling there's discussions in the works that will hopefully appease some of the haters out there.
I'm still curious why the exact opposite of what was discussed before happened...
Old 03-26-2013, 10:50 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountree [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Deajay - I am used to it...I still play here don't I? And I'm not saying the server is unhealthy; we have a lot of new players coming in all of the time because of the sheer quality of the server. New players will always keep things interesting. But I do think that with a lot of these threads and unrest about the end-game and the economy, you need to look at the lack of new content in addition to guild issues (TMO/FE cockblocking others etc.) among other things. That's not a jab at the devs, they're doing a great job, it's just my stated opinion on things.

I have a feeling there's discussions in the works that will hopefully appease some of the haters out there.
Well, I'm offering TMO an opportunity here to appease the "haters" right now (as opposed to a possible delivery from the staff, which may or may not come). Yet TMO is the only side to not answer or even discuss the request at all. I am asking this from your directly, is sharing a tiny bit still asking too much from TMO (I'll remind you FE answered me long ago already like gentlemen and gave me grounds to base discussions on)?
Kaska, Phantasmist <Divinity>
Fuam, Druid 57 <Divinity>
Willo, Cleric 54 <Divinity>
Last edited by finalgrunt; 03-26-2013 at 10:53 AM..
Old 03-26-2013, 10:53 AM
Planar Protector

If you give a mouse a cookie he just cries that the cookie wasn't enough and tries to enact a ridiculous system of welfare.

Hey I'm sorry bros, if you want to experience this content on the regular with no effort, I'd suggest taking it to the EZ server or something. This is classic EQ and this shit is cutthroat.
Old 03-26-2013, 10:55 AM
Planar Protector

@Fountree: And yet the "FTFY" post you made basically says, "the fix is more content." EQMac provided the solution: civility between guilds. It doesn't matter if the fight is over Trakanon or Klandicar, there will be fights over whatever content does exist unless we as guilds and players can decide to treat each other with more respect. Velious will not fix the raid scene, it will just move the fights from Kunark's jungles to Velious' frozen tundra.
Old 03-26-2013, 10:56 AM
Planar Protector

if EQMac provides the kind of raiding scene you want, why don't you go play there?
Last edited by quido; 03-26-2013 at 10:59 AM..
Old 03-26-2013, 10:59 AM
Planar Protector

Mostly, too much time invested here. I've thought about it. Also, I think its really dumb to emulate Mac on Windows on Linux. If you know a way where I don't have to use Secrets' "fix" to play EQMac on Windows (which I would run through Wine), I might have to give it a shot.
Last edited by falkun; 03-26-2013 at 11:02 AM..
Old 03-26-2013, 11:02 AM
Sarnak

Yes, there'll still be fights for the good stuff. But if you want the good stuff, why not join a raiding guild? For those who don't want to join a raiding guild, yet still want to raid on your own time, and aren't overly concerned with equipping the best gear, Velious will hopefully free up the majority of previous raid content. I disagree that it won't fix the raid scene. It is not a permanent fix, but it will improve things for a while. Yes, you will still see RNF threads still and guild rivalry! That is classic and I don't forsee it ending unless it happens naturally amongst players. IMO The longer Velious stays unreleased, the more people will reach max status and the end game of Kunark, and unless they quit or move on, Velious will be more and more cutthroat upon release since there would be more capable players to experience ToV, sleepers, and the other tough encounters.
Last edited by Fountree; 03-26-2013 at 11:05 AM..
Old 03-26-2013, 11:06 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Yes, there'll still be fights for the good stuff. But if you want the good stuff, why not join a raiding guild? For those who don't want to join a raiding guild, yet still want to raid on your own time, and aren't overly concerned with equipping the best gear, Velious will hopefully free up the majority of previous raid content. I disagree that it won't fix the raid scene. It is not a permanent fix, but it will improve things for a while. Yes, you will still see RNF threads still and guild rivalry! That is classic and I don't forsee it ending unless it happens naturally amongst players. IMO The longer Velious stays unreleased, the more people will reach max status and the end game, and unless they quit or move on, Velious will be more and more cutthroat upon release since there are more capable players to experience it.
We don't want to experience 3 am batphones no race 1 minute kills / trains / FTE sheningans. We want to experience classic EQ. And the only way would to be give smaller guilds a small window to do it. Which means you will continue to experience your non classic cuthroat competition (it goes well beyond, and we acknowledge your efforts) most of the time on non priority targets, and full times for others.

And you didn't really answer my question. Is this still too much to ask from a guild which had a free run for a year at the targets? Or is this all about pure greed? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Kaska, Phantasmist <Divinity>
Fuam, Druid 57 <Divinity>
Willo, Cleric 54 <Divinity>
Last edited by finalgrunt; 03-26-2013 at 11:09 AM..
Old 03-26-2013, 11:10 AM
Sarnak

I now play on EQmac Deajay sometimes, I came around a few months ago... It's a great server in it's own way (I like to just chill and lvl casually). I can PM ya if u want we can play if u do get it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] ...I play a BST with a Necro friend...we dont have plans to box though!
Old 03-26-2013, 11:11 AM
Planar Protector

Maybe we should all ask Eashan for Ferraris