Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-26-2013, 04:26 AM
Sarnak

Tell me Jeremy, what's wrong with giving a 1 week window every X (X can be discussed with your guild) for ALL other guilds to compete with their own (smaller) means?

You keep saying handout, when everybody else would be given a chance to down targets. I don't know how you can't see there should be competition involved in this.

What exactly prevents you all to leave a small share of the targets (that you've already killed a hundred times) for everybody else, and you don't need anything from, on an emu server which goal is to allow people to relive their memories? And we're only talking non priority targets (rest are left untouched). I thought sharing toys became a much easier thing only few years after birth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

And Sirken, I'd rather see you come here and say "I support the idea but we won't be involved" than all the negativity. I know you're doing a great job on this server as a GM, and I thank you for this, but If you've got time to come here to tell us how we should compete in a non classic raid scene environment, I'm sure you'll find time to fix the duct tape & David Copperfield exploits [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Because this is not Everquest.

Remember, the important term here is not free handout. It is sharing.
Kaska, Phantasmist <Divinity>
Fuam, Druid 57 <Divinity>
Willo, Cleric 54 <Divinity>
Last edited by finalgrunt; 03-26-2013 at 04:46 AM..
Old 03-26-2013, 05:18 AM
Banned

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The inherent problem though, is that on live no individual character, no matter how much they raided (with the exception of some main raid tanks), was able to get every piece of gear available for that character before the next expansion released. On live there was no point in which you've "beaten Everquest".

On Project 1999 it's different, when you take into account the fact that the content isn't "new" and the knowledge of how to tackle it is already there, coupled with the fact that it's been over 4 times the length of time since the next expansion was due you get a guild like TMO, who have gotten to the point where their raid force isn't just gearing their alts because their characters are maxed, they are all gearing their third and even fourth characters in certain cases with end game content gear. They have literally beaten Everquest.

This isn't meant as a flame, this is simply stating cold hard facts. It has much less to do with them earning the pixels and the right to sell them and more with they have nothing better to do with their lives than continue to do such and as a result the bulk of the server's population (every single non TMO player) suffers because of it.

The only "fair" fix, which won't happen because of the nature of cartain players and server management's desire to appease everyone regardless of the problems certain group(s) cause for the community, is to remove TMO from the equation entirely, they won't stop no matter what anyone says. But since that will never happen, Sirken was 100% correct, the only way to combat the top guild will be to beat them at their own game and beat the zerg rush with a bigger zerg rush.

Another big reason for this is the rediculous FTE system, but pointing that out only falls on deaf ears too...
Old 03-26-2013, 06:35 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by quido [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is FE not having fun?
What you guys fail to understand is its not just about TMO and FE other people play here i personally don't think the nature of the current game is fun, what first to login ? meh i like racing to targets as well but at the cost of what ? constant tracking , 3am batphones? i mean whatever floats your boat i guess.

Rotokan
Old 03-26-2013, 08:14 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
TMO leadership would be and already is 100% fine if guilds want to contact us ahead of time and say they want to go after an outdoor dragon.

Not saying you have to ask for permission just let's us know not to track it or bat phone it.

Problem is and I don't mean this as offense divinity and other more casual guilds can not effectively compete with FE.

Not to be a slam against FE but they have a lot of new hungry members who need gear from these mobs and will race you 100% on every one.

This puts TMO in a situation where we are just allowing our direct competition access to upgrades and plat sales that we don't want them to have access too.

TMO has a bad rap and a lot of it is deserving but and I can say this truly that if a guild is not antognistic towards us we will be beneficent towards them.

The problem is again FE VDA IB TR there all the same group of core members floating from guild to guild so it makes us look like we are picking on smaller guild.

We currently let some members if taken raid VP with us and I 100% know if divinity needed help on a mob lots of us would lend a hand.

Anyways look up our endangered species program and if you can get FE to agree to not attempt a mob I'm sure TMO will do the same.

Maybe not trak or CT~

Also if you want Inny I want to roll on a mage staff for my alt ~~~~
While this sort of makes sense, it's still crippling the server, and when Velious comes out, those raid tactics will be impossible to keep up with, as you can't zerg anything there (maybe WW dragons if you get lucky with positioning). This isn't WoW, people aren't intended to get fully geared in a month and then sit around bored with nothing to accomplish.
Old 03-26-2013, 09:39 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagatob [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The only "fair" fix, which won't happen because of the nature of cartain players and server management's desire to appease everyone regardless of the problems certain group(s) cause for the community, is to work to ensure faster content release so that it spreads the raid scene out in a natural way
FTFY. EverQuest is an evolving game. If it doesn't evolve, it stagnates and you get restless players and dysfunctions of the end game and player-based economy. I've been saying this for months and many players agree with me. Your original remarks, while claiming to be fair, aren't very fair to those in TMO, the vast majority of which have been playing on this server for years and are very supportive of the p99 project and good members of the community. But I guess we don't matter because we started raiding/beating Kunark too fast upon release...am I right on that?
Last edited by Fountree; 03-26-2013 at 09:42 AM..
Old 03-26-2013, 10:09 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountree [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
FTFY. EverQuest is an evolving game. If it doesn't evolve, it stagnates and you get restless players and dysfunctions of the end game and player-based economy. I've been saying this for months and many players agree with me. Your original remarks, while claiming to be fair, aren't very fair to those in TMO, the vast majority of which have been playing on this server for years and are very supportive of the p99 project and good members of the community. But I guess we don't matter because we started raiding/beating Kunark too fast upon release...am I right on that?
You realize you are playing on P99, a "classic" emulation that is planned to stagnate at Velious? There is another example of stagnation: EQMac. That server has been stagnate for over 10 years. The (established) guilds there manage to have civility between them. Now maybe in its infancy the server was much different, but if you admit that, then you admit P99 has failed to learn from their mistakes. You are correct, TMO fought tooth and nail to become top dog, but top dog of what? encounters that were trivial 13 years ago? Congratulations. You can have this empire of dirt. I'll enjoy my little sandbox for the glory I know it possesses. There is no rush to the end, the end came in 2001 when they released Luclin, not 2013 when Nilbog & Co. releases Velious (guestimate, I have no insider information on this).

Your entire post is based on a fact that is not true for P99 (bolded). P99 is having the exact issues you state will happen here, and yet its the server's fault? That's incredibly ungrateful. You are blaming the circumstances for your misfortune, the same claim you make against the rest of the server when you say, "no rotations, take what is yours." Hypocrite.
Last edited by falkun; 03-26-2013 at 10:18 AM..
Old 03-26-2013, 10:21 AM
Sarnak

Deajay can you point me to where am I blaming anyone/anything in that post? Also, Velious added a tremendous amount to the game, it's not comparable to Kunark. Yes, it will eventually be "beaten" like Kunark is now. But the server staff has left open the possibility of custom content or a reroll of P99 server. Both of these things will keep the game fresh. If you look at the population of EQMac, its a shred of that of P99s simply because there's nothing to keep hardcore players interested. I am VERY grateful for P99, and I'd appreciate it if you don't put words in my mouth and resort to calling me names for expressing my opinion.
Last edited by Fountree; 03-26-2013 at 10:26 AM..
Old 03-26-2013, 10:22 AM
Planar Protector

god this topic is annoying
Old 03-26-2013, 10:24 AM
Planar Protector

You are stating "stagnation" leads to the "restless players" and "dysfunctional end-game" and "dysfunctional player-based economy". Get used to it. This server, as designed, does have and will continue to have stagnation.
Old 03-26-2013, 10:42 AM
Sarnak

Deajay - I am used to it...I still play here don't I? And I'm not saying the server is unhealthy; we have a lot of new players coming in all of the time because of the sheer quality of the server. New players will always keep things interesting. But I do think that with a lot of these threads and unrest about the end-game and the economy, you need to look at the lack of new content in addition to guild issues (TMO/FE cockblocking others etc.) among other things. That's not a jab at the devs, they're doing a great job, it's just my stated opinion on things.

I have a feeling there's discussions in the works that will hopefully appease some of the haters out there.
Last edited by Fountree; 03-26-2013 at 10:47 AM..
Closed Thread