Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 03-22-2013, 11:05 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ele [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Godefroi,

Excusez moi if there is language barrier issue, but you may have misunderstood what I said, or it may be on my end in as such that I did not put it in simple enough terms.

I am not deflecting any issue, but for you and your crew to come on the forums and feign ignorance that ip exemptions are some new magical get out of jail free card is down right sad.

Please read my previous posts in this thread. You will find that I addressed the issue that you raise in your response multiple times and my position on the matter.

Did my statement ask you to admit anything? No. Did my original statement to you say that it ever occurred? No. So I am not sure why you inject that in your response to me.

P.S. I'm not a girl. Please stop hitting on me.
People who arent good at using words should use them less.

As for the 'ignorance' of what can be done with IP exemptions - you are completely and utterly full of shit. I have NEVER seen anyone insta-poof dozens of times repeatedly without even an LD sign above their heads. EVER.

You seem to like to press irrelevant points, however, because the fact of the matter is that what 'everyone knows' is moot. Your cleric clearly abused his IP exemption. Not only did he abuse it, he used it to grief a raid over and over again. Not only did he grief a raid via exploiting continuously, he did it to benefit another raid.

A TMO officer was there the whole time and did nothing. Saying after the fact that you do not agree with it means as little to me as your opinion on who knows this exploit existed.
Old 03-22-2013, 11:08 AM
Planar Protector

For the record, I didn't really know he was poofing like THAT until they started laughing about you guys crying MQ. I figured he was doing the DA thing. And I did tell him to gtfo the whole while =P

Stop claiming ignorance on the insta-poof from your own members - it's ruining your credibility.
Old 03-22-2013, 11:11 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godefroi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Everyone here (even TMO) admitted this was cheating and exploiting. You carry on deflecting your embarassment by saying "hey admit your guild cheats". How do you want me to admit something that never happened? I'm sorry to disappoint Villexo and you here, but we didn't know about this, this cheating is so fucking obvious that who ever was on Aiaus was retarded enough to do it 50 times in front of our raid.
I think the point, at least one of them, that he's trying to make is that many people are trying to impute wrongdoing onto every single member of TMO because of the actions of a single person (or a select few persons). If that is the case, then it would be equally valid to turn right back around and do the same thing to FE. Perhaps you and the majority of your leadership were unaware of such a tactic, just as some in TMO were. However, it is completely disingenuous to think that the abuse of IP exemptions has not occurred to some degree or another on both sides. That said, the degree of abuse may differ, but it has ben readily admitted that his abuses were likely the most severe to date.

What I find most interesting is that Elethia has gone so far as to agree with you that Aiaus should be punished. The only real difference seems to be in what the punishment should be (stripping the exemption and suspending versus banning or raid suspending the entire guild).

He's attempting to met you halfway and actually discuss and debate the issue, yet he is being dismissed as if he were in complete denial that anything wrong has happened at all.
Old 03-22-2013, 11:16 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frieza_Prexus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think the point, at least one of them, that he's trying to make is that many people are trying to impute wrongdoing onto every single member of TMO because of the actions of a single person (or a select few persons). If that is the case, then it would be equally valid to turn right back around and do the same thing to FE. Perhaps you and the majority of your leadership were unaware of such a tactic, just as some in TMO were. However, it is completely disingenuous to think that the abuse of IP exemptions has not occurred to some degree or another on both sides. That said, the degree of abuse may differ, but it has ben readily admitted that his abuses were likely the most severe to date.

What I find most interesting is that Elethia has gone so far as to agree with you that Aiaus should be punished. The only real difference seems to be in what the punishment should be (stripping the exemption and suspending versus banning or raid suspending the entire guild).

He's attempting to met you halfway and actually discuss and debate the issue, yet he is being dismissed as if he were in complete denial that anything wrong has happened at all.
Lots of words cant hide bullshit. Sorry.

Using an exploit to benefit an individual = punishment for the individual.

Using an exploit to benefit a guild - guild punishment.

There was a TMO officer present the entire time. Nothing was done. People can say whatever they want after the fact about how they feel; I dont care about how people feel, I care about how people act.
Old 03-22-2013, 11:16 AM
Aviak

Your guild used his exploits to gain an advantage. Therefore, you should be raid suspended. Don't be retarded.
Old 03-22-2013, 11:17 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanthallas [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
People who arent good at using words should use them less.
I bill per a word, so why would I choose to use fewer words when I can use more, i.e. be more verbose? Additionally, sometimes verbosity is required to accurately paint a picture of a scene or convey a message to desired audience.

Quote:
As for the 'ignorance' of what can be done with IP exemptions - you are completely and utterly full of shit. I have NEVER seen anyone insta-poof dozens of times repeatedly without even an LD sign above their heads. EVER.
Interesting choice of words. "I have NEVER seen anyone insta-poof dozens of times repeatedly without even an LD sign above their heads. EVER."

You haven't "seen", so you don't deny that you knew it was possible.

You haven't seen "dozens of times". So you don't deny you have seen it fewer than a dozen times.

You haven't seen it "without even an LD sign". So you don't deny that you've seen it done with an LD tag.

Keep spinning Steve.

Quote:
You seem to like to press irrelevant points, however, because the fact of the matter is that what 'everyone knows' is moot. Your cleric clearly abused his IP exemption. Not only did he abuse it, he used it to grief a raid over and over again. Not only did he grief a raid via exploiting continuously, he did it to benefit another raid.
You keep saying that he griefed your raid, yet you were the ones trying to kill him. Who is griefing who? Both sides if you ask me.

Quote:
A TMO officer was there the whole time and did nothing. Saying after the fact that you do not agree with it means as little to me as your opinion on who knows this exploit existed.
Sorry you haven't gone through my entire post history and attempt to dismiss and characterize my statements as "after the fact", but I've been a vocal proponent of issues like this since joining the server in 2010.
Old 03-22-2013, 11:17 AM
Planar Protector

Let's try to reason and have a real discussion with Visceral - it works great.
Old 03-22-2013, 11:20 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by quido [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Let's try to reason and have a real discussion with Visceral - it works great.
I might be breaking new ground here. Let's not backslide.
Old 03-22-2013, 11:20 AM
Fire Giant

Really?

I havent SEEN it; i never knew it was POSSIBLE.

I never BEFORE THIS TIME saw this occur.

I have indeed SEEN PEOPLE /Q and have an LD SIGN OVER THEIR HEAD.

?????

???

??

I really am not going to respond to the rest of your nonsensical bullshit, sorry.
Old 03-22-2013, 11:22 AM
Planar Protector

Peanut Gallery requesting comment from big Option!