Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2013, 05:00 PM
Kobold

As a WIZ my group tactics are dependent upon the other classes in the group. If I was grouped with an ENC who preferred to charm DPS, then I would make an /assist ENC key and load up a couple of fast cast stuns (50dmg) to help the ENC re-obtain charm when it broke. Otherwise I would simply use a long casting stun once (750dmg too), snare if needed, let the pet do the bulk of the work, and depending on the XP loc, I could also pull/root mobs for chain killing.

Duoing with an ENC I would offer less DPS than a MAG, but would offer way more versatility and safety, as well as an evac option and burst DPS should the need arise. It would probably be a wash long term IMO if you were looking at overall XP flow (if the WIZ played his class right and didn't just nuke once per mob and med).

<The Mystical Order>

Alts:
[34 Wizard] Motlee Crue (Human) <The Mystical Order>
[4 Wizard] Aysee Deecee (Human) <The Mystical Order>
[2 Wizard] Vhan Halen (Human) <The Mystical Order>

Live - Tallon Zek 2000-2005 / Drinal 2007-2008
[80 Sorcerer] Acillatem Zoso (Human) <Knights of the White Rose> / <Veritable Quandary>
Old 03-07-2013, 05:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by diplo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
which part is fun? porting people when bosses pop?
If you don't like to DPS through DD spells in fights I don't know what to tell you, wizard isn't for you. What else would be fun about a wizard during a boss fight? I would much rather port and DPS than make mod rods.
Old 03-07-2013, 05:05 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acillatem [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
(if the WIZ played his class right and didn't just nuke once per mob and med).
thats about the majority of the wizzys on this server my old VD friend.

[ANONYMOUS] dip|o the Conjurer
Old 03-07-2013, 10:48 PM
Kobold

So I wanted to stay an Int caster because I already have some Int gear I can transfer over from my Enchanter, and it seems like in regards to leveling (which is all I am concerned with right now), its between Necro or Mage. I originally didnt consider Necro because I know Ill be soloing/duoing. However Ill also want to group a lot too, and I assumed Necro wasnt very good for a group because most mobs wont last the length of there Dots, which wouldnt make them very desirable for groups, no? Are there any pro Necros here, that can tell me a bit more about Necro play style / what they can offer to groups while leveling? Like I said I am not really concerned with lvl 60 duo farming items, just random groups while leveling up. Ill probably make my decision based on what you guys say! Thanks for all help and info everyone!
Old 03-07-2013, 11:18 PM
Planar Protector

Well necros are very good in groups, but most people don't play them very well. A good necro is

1) charming a pet for 100 dps, and unlike an enchanter they can easily heal up after charm breaks
2) using screaming terror to interrupt casters
3) snaring runners
4) Continuously healing the MT for 125/tick
5) helping CC with screaming terror and paralyzing earth

If you do all this you'll be almost as effective as a good enchanter, which is very effective.
in words of anal fingers, just a filthy spaniard
Closed Thread