Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 06-29-2010, 04:50 PM
Aviak

Default wrong items from vendor

I know this is going to sound like a joke, but I went to buy a sapphire off the vendor in the N freeport bank, and wound up with a fire emerald. You can see in the screenshot that I had the sapphire highlighted, its in the transaction box, you can see the vendor telling me what im buying and confirming the price, but when I hit the buy button to buy one, You can clearly see, that I paid the price for a fire emerald and that there's 2 lines of fire emeralds on the vendor's trade box.. Kinda hit me like a total WTF moment. Anyways, here's the screenshot cause I know nearly everyone would say im full of crap without it...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg vendor bug.jpg (100.6 KB, 46 views)
Old 06-29-2010, 05:06 PM
Kobold

I had an instance where I bought something that I hadn't clicked. I paid the price for the one I had clicked on (but did not get), though.

However, when *that* happened, the mouse could no longer open containers, move items, start transactions with merchants, or open doors. Keyboard commands still worked. Logging fixed it.

I didn't check to see if the item I wanted to purchase changed like yours did, but I was also dealing with items that only had one quantity on the vendor.
Old 06-29-2010, 05:15 PM
Aviak

Thats just the thing though, I clicked on the "sapphire", clicked buy, selected quantiy of 1, hit enter, and wound up with a fire emerald... Had plenty of room in the bags, nothing else on the cursor, and no other weird issues going on. Just took me completley by suprise.
Last edited by Morndenkainen; 06-29-2010 at 05:19 PM..
Old 06-29-2010, 05:35 PM
Banned

a) Player A opens vendor window, wants to buy Item01
b) Player B opens vendor window, buys Item01 (vendor's offered items don't update while Player A still has the window open)
c) Player A buys item Item01, but the vendor no longer has it for sale, so you end up getting item Item02 on its list.
Old 06-29-2010, 06:20 PM
Sarnak

had something similar . wanted to buy research words in freeport bank form the merchant . clicked and clicked and suddenly "your out of money" ... i bought some creepe iron stone bare stuff . each was like 200 pp ! sold back for 10 pp or less ! wasted about 1 k ! stupid p99 coders ![You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-29-2010, 08:06 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
a) Player A opens vendor window, wants to buy Item01
b) Player B opens vendor window, buys Item01 (vendor's offered items don't update while Player A still has the window open)
c) Player A buys item Item01, but the vendor no longer has it for sale, so you end up getting item Item02 on its list.
Actually, I'm pretty sure that player A has to buy the same item that Player B was wanting. I think if he (or she) buys or sells anything that changes the number of items the vendor has, then the other player that has the vendor window open can end up 'sliding' one slot in either direction without doing anything.

Would be easy to test if I had any friends.
Old 06-29-2010, 10:05 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
I'm pretty sure that player A has to buy the same item that Player B was wanting
Not the case, I had this happen to me with a pair of research words, once I realized what had happened, I went back and bought what I had intended to buy.
Old 06-29-2010, 10:56 PM
Developer

Is this new? Or has this been happening for awhile?

Haynar
Old 06-29-2010, 11:35 PM
Fire Giant

This has been happening for a really long time.

Seriously, every time I see a fucking thread like this OH MYGOD THEY HAD 14 PEOPLE ITS OUR MOB LOL OURS OURS OURS YESSS I just want to fucking deathtouch the entire guild and despawn the mob.
Old 06-29-2010, 11:53 PM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorgetrapper [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This has been happening for a really long time.
Thank you. That helps considerably. I made some changes to merchants, but it should not have had anything to do with this issue. My changes screwed up the item charges. Remember those bugs? Ya, that was me. Oops.

I remember the code was a mess, and it looked like it did do some weird things. I will have to spend some time with it, and figure out what it is really doing.

Haynar
Closed Thread