Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 02-15-2013, 12:47 PM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevynne [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
red wedding. that whole part of the book is either going to be done amazing, or fucked up royally. (most likely the first part)

does anyone know if they are splitting SoS into 2 seasons? or just one giant season? or condensing it or what?
the guys at HBO said season 3 is the season they have been waiting for since the show started. they know its everyones favorite book.

that said, the book will be split into two 10 episode seasons.

Season 3, Episode 9 will be the red wedding. Episode 10 will be the hound and Arya getting away from the twins and embarking on their BFF journey, and of course putting a nice lil bow on things til season 4.

theres a link somewhere in this thread you can find to verify the above infos im giving you is true [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Sirken's Twitch Stream - www.twitch.tv/sirken_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard View Post
Accusing me of simultaneous favoritism for two opposing guilds involves a special kind of stupid
Quote:
Originally Posted by karsten View Post
going after sirken is like going to a cheerleader convention and punching the only one that bothered to talk to you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean View Post
I've met Sirken IRL.. he ain't jelly of shit

Old 02-15-2013, 12:52 PM
Planar Protector

I guarantee they won't fuck up the red wedding, or any part of book three for that matter.

for evidence i simply point to the first two seasons - there was plenty of opportunity to ruin all kinds of shit, and i don't think they fucked a single thing up (that whole scene with dany and the dragons and drogo could *easily* have been a massive fuckup).

These guys know what they are doing, and i dont see them dropping the ball anytime soon. Not only do they have a *massive* budget (they're going to spend more money on this series than probably any other ever created), but they have a fantastic crew. I am really, really excited to see what they do with books 4 and 5 (and even more excited to see what Martin does with the end of the series............................................ .................................................. .................................................. ...... if he finishes it before he dies)

http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...ad.php?t=94928

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhambuk View Post
gotrocks community savior
Old 02-15-2013, 02:43 PM
VIP / Contributor

i agree with you that nobody could do a better job than HBO is doing with GOT.

that said, "fucking it up" really depends on your definition of the term. i dont like quite a few things that they've changed (ie: in season one cutting out cat's actual trip to the vale, Neds dreams, and the horse breaking Neds Leg. in Season two they cut a bunch of the night watch shit before they get to craster's keep. Dany should have conquered two cities, horse doesnt die, blood rider doesnt die, dragons dont get stolen, they cut out her visions of Rhaegar, as well as her vision of robb (post-redwedding).

i know those are little things, and im sure they had great reasons for doing what they did. but some of those bothered me because i just didnt see the point. wtf did anyone gain by killing danys silver? there was no reason for the change imo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Accusing me of simultaneous favoritism for two opposing guilds involves a special kind of stupid
Quote:
going after sirken is like going to a cheerleader convention and punching the only one that bothered to talk to you
Quote:

Old 02-18-2013, 06:01 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotrocks [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
there was plenty of opportunity to ruin all kinds of shit, and i don't think they fucked a single thing up
I think there were numerous things changed that were a detriment to the story, but primarily, they really sucked something terrible with Arya's storyline. They completely left out a brilliant part of the Battle of Blackwater, Tyrion's chain. The way they did the Jon Snow/Halfhand/Rattleshirt situation. The changes to Robb's storyline.

I will admit I'm a bit of a book purist at this point, but there's a reason. I wouldn't mind changes if they were even close to as good as they were in the books. There are some changes that I'm fine with, and even like. But so many of them are much, much worse than if they had followed the script.
Old 02-18-2013, 09:24 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the guys at HBO said season 3 is the season they have been waiting for since the show started. they know its everyones favorite book.

that said, the book will be split into two 10 episode seasons.

Season 3, Episode 9 will be the red wedding. Episode 10 will be the hound and Arya getting away from the twins and embarking on their BFF journey, and of course putting a nice lil bow on things til season 4.

theres a link somewhere in this thread you can find to verify the above infos im giving you is true [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
too lazy to look lol xD
ty sirken!

I WANT TO SEE THE RED WEDDING ALREADY.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autotune View Post
Dance puppets dance.
Old 02-18-2013, 03:28 PM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenlaar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think there were numerous things changed that were a detriment to the story, but primarily, they really sucked something terrible with Arya's storyline. They completely left out a brilliant part of the Battle of Blackwater, Tyrion's chain. The way they did the Jon Snow/Halfhand/Rattleshirt situation. The changes to Robb's storyline.

I will admit I'm a bit of a book purist at this point, but there's a reason. I wouldn't mind changes if they were even close to as good as they were in the books. There are some changes that I'm fine with, and even like. But so many of them are much, much worse than if they had followed the script.
refresh my memory on the Arya changes (minus a few conversations)? the chain was HUGE, i was sad they left it out, but it really doesnt effect the story if u just blow up all the boats. same with halfhand/jon, i feel the end result would be the same.

what did they change about robb besides his new wifes name and back story?

i can not wait for the QQ that follows season 3 from all the people that dont read the books, omg tears of rage incomming!

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Old 02-25-2013, 04:38 PM
VIP / Contributor

we need a montage to speed this up

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Old 02-25-2013, 04:48 PM
Sarnak

I have to agree with Sirkin that I'm disappointed they left out Ned's visions/dreams as well as many of the others. I guess I can see why it would be difficult to put them in properly but the foreshadowing of a lot of them is really cool, particularly the House of the Undying stuff. Although I think it'll be in this series that Dany does her conquering. I also think that that in the 4th series a lot of the ironborn stuff of A Feast for Crows will be included to keep the continuity easy for the show.

I watch this with a friend who hasn't read the books and he was appalled when Ned dies. The anticipation for the Red Wedding is getting unbearable.
<Asgard>
Old 02-25-2013, 05:07 PM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalven [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have to agree with Sirkin that I'm disappointed they left out Ned's visions/dreams as well as many of the others. I guess I can see why it would be difficult to put them in properly but the foreshadowing of a lot of them is really cool, particularly the House of the Undying stuff. Although I think it'll be in this series that Dany does her conquering. I also think that that in the 4th series a lot of the ironborn stuff of A Feast for Crows will be included to keep the continuity easy for the show.

I watch this with a friend who hasn't read the books and he was appalled when Ned dies. The anticipation for the Red Wedding is getting unbearable.
i thinking the dreams would reveal Jon Snows real parents. the Rhaegar vision they SHOULD have showed. i wanted to see Rhaegar =(

Dany already did her conquering. at the end of last season she locked that guy in the vault, stole his shit, and went to buy a ship. thats the ship that takes Dany to Mereen / slaver's bay. i imagine we wont see alot of dany in season 3.

also i dunno if you read back a few pages, but book three is getting cut in half to make Seasons 3 and 4. so it will be tricky to see how they do the iron borns. hopefully they take your advice and do something to keep them in the picture for the show, they didnt play a big part in first half of book 3.

will be fun to see how they film books 4 and 5 since he wrote them like an asshole and they take place simultaneously.

<3

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Old 02-26-2013, 06:10 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i thinking the dreams would reveal Jon Snows real parents. the Rhaegar vision they SHOULD have showed. i wanted to see Rhaegar =(

Dany already did her conquering. at the end of last season she locked that guy in the vault, stole his shit, and went to buy a ship. thats the ship that takes Dany to Mereen / slaver's bay. i imagine we wont see alot of dany in season 3.

also i dunno if you read back a few pages, but book three is getting cut in half to make Seasons 3 and 4. so it will be tricky to see how they do the iron borns. hopefully they take your advice and do something to keep them in the picture for the show, they didnt play a big part in first half of book 3.

will be fun to see how they film books 4 and 5 since he wrote them like an asshole and they take place simultaneously.

<3
I guess you're right that Ned's visions could be somewhat too revealing visually, however they provide tantalising hints to Jon's parentage that probably won't be revealed until the final book. Without these if the reveal ends up being what its widely predicted to be it might seem a bit out of left field.

Aye I was aware of the split for seasons 3 and 4 though - what I was thinking was as a lot of the Iron Born stuff chronologically takes place during A Storm of Swords and they will likely use it to beef up the fourth season. Hopefully they just film the 4th and 5th books as if they are one and don't bother with any of the split business - a whole season without Tyrion is unthinkable!

Anyone ever gone through the books one POV at a time? Something I was thinking of doing when I go for this years inevitable reread.
<Asgard>
Closed Thread