Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-30-2009, 03:05 PM
Skeleton

Default my two cents

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by zionmuffin; 12-01-2009 at 02:07 AM.. Reason: No point in even addressing this mr. DDoS
Old 11-30-2009, 06:44 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yea this entire situation is really putting me under a lot of stress. I work 45 hours a week and have many other real life obligations and I still do everything I can to help this server. I understand you guys are upset about this asshole and what hes doing, and I'v been trying everything I can to get some sort of protection for the server. The new data center will be putting us on a Cisco DDoS Protection switch this week, but I'm afraid that will only help so much.

This guy has already proven to me that if we set the precedence to help him achieve his goals he will just keep coming back for more, he already did it once. We keep bowing down to him pretty soon it comes down to "Hey I died I need a GM Res", "You died legitimately, no", "LOL DDOS INC". This is why governments don't negotiate with terrorists. He wants as much power as he can get over the server to fuel his own favoritism. He claims his reasons are for favoritism but if we giving in then all we're doing is shifting the favoritism over to him.

He has also already shown that if he is unsuccessful in taking down Project 1999, that he will go after the Loginserver and EQEmulator. He did it once already. The server that runs those is on the same data center that P1999 was on before we moved, and I'v paid probably around $2000 for that server out of my pocket after hardware costs and hosting costs, and deducting the donations we have received, and moving it anywhere else for more protection is just too costly. We simply don't get enough donations for the project to provide protection against these sort of things.

Mr. DDoS'er, you claim that your end objective is not to shut these servers down, just to get the things changed that you want. Well it stops now. We're not giving in anymore. You either enjoy the server like it is now or everything gets shut down. I don't have the time or patience to deal with this bullshit anymore.
Rogean, if we can't find a work around for this I just wanted to say thank you (and the other devs involved) for your dedication to the project. I may only be a level 14 shaman but my friends and I have had an excellent time reliving 1999 and are grateful to have had the opportunity, however short it may be, to experience that.

I sincerely hope the server makes it through.
Old 11-30-2009, 07:09 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by tycho100 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's hilarious when people get all uppity about GMs on emu servers - it's their sandbox, not yours, mine or anyone elses - they let us play in their sandbox.
Im not allowed in the deep end of their sandbox[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-30-2009, 09:18 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zamboni [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Rogean, if we can't find a work around for this I just wanted to say thank you (and the other devs involved) for your dedication to the project...I have had an excellent time reliving 1999 and are grateful to have had the opportunity, however short it may be, to experience that.

I sincerely hope the server makes it through.
Couldn't have said it better myself. I fully support not giving in to this jerk. I do however think that in this case, taking the high road is over-rated. You should release this jerk's name and IP and let the community police itself [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

--Nergal
Old 11-30-2009, 09:37 PM
Planar Protector

I think he's been hiding behind anonymous proxies. If they had it I imagine they'd be contacting the police.
Old 11-30-2009, 09:54 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The bolded part is what I agreed with you about, ddos man . . .
so wait, nilbog knows who mr anon-i-am-teh-internets-ddos-man is?

but front page says there was no ddos . . .

so haiguyz is just trolling? (weak troll btw).

so who is it nilbog is agreeing with in "the bolded part"?

wtf is going on?
Old 11-30-2009, 11:54 PM
Kobold

its revenge of the nerds!!!

Asmoth (sloth reborn)
17 Human Shadowknight <Inglorious Basterds>

Krysanth Firemedic P99 Red
Rogue
Old 12-01-2009, 12:33 AM
Sarnak

server down...
Old 12-01-2009, 01:10 AM