Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 06-17-2010, 09:29 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
IF the server wants a fair play for EVERYONE, then we (yes, as a community) have found just the game for them.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-17-2010, 09:36 AM
Banned

I'm down for some classic WoW!
Old 06-17-2010, 09:43 AM
Fire Giant

Yeah. Classic was actually fun. Maybe it had to do something with kazzak and all those corrupted emerald dream dragons top end guilds had to compete to kill...
Last edited by astarothel; 06-17-2010 at 09:53 AM..
Old 06-17-2010, 09:48 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sslaesha [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Mobilization and camping are the exact same thing.
Mobilization requires movement, camping is stationary. Mobilization requires effort and at least some minor thought beforehand, camping requires you to be awake, if even that.
Old 06-17-2010, 09:52 AM
Kobold

bind and gate is hard stuff.
Old 06-17-2010, 09:54 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerfed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
bind and gate is hard stuff.
Least you'd still get to actually play your character...
Old 06-17-2010, 09:55 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toony [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
camping requires you to be awake, if even that.
Currently requires your character to be logged in. So go to work or take a nap but don't worry, your camp is still yours!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeolwind View Post
It actually takes more time for you to create an account, and all the posts than it does to ban you.
Old 06-17-2010, 10:04 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omnimorph [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
GMs used to just despawn mobs if there was drama. It was tough but fair, no one could claim favouritism then!
Until the day that Brenlo spawned 5 Ragefires back to back because the guilds wouldn't quit fighting and no one was willing to back down or gtfo out of Skyfire. That night the cleric epic was changed to the current one on live where you hand in pearls to the chick in SF to spawn the dragon.
Zaredi the War Kitten
Old 06-17-2010, 10:27 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i dont get why people dont see PuRaids...
theres one right now in PoHate with 3 different guilds..
Trans,Dutchmasters,Divinity..

why doesn't everyone just work together on trash mobs rather than qq and just help eachother out? this raid went very well as i should say.
There have been raids in zones with multiple guilds and it's good when they even share drops instead of letting them rot. Pickup raids were one of my favorite things on live so I'm a big fan of seeing it happen here, as well.
Old 06-17-2010, 10:31 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by astarothel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If I had to choose something for rotations, it would definitely be more a type of suicide kings, rather than just /random. Why? Because random fucks some people while others have a horseshoe permanently entrenched up their ass.

Using something like suicide kings would let guilds choose to pass on the mob or take the suicide.

Raid Rotation Suicide Kings

/random for initial guild placement on the suicide list. Let's say it ends up something like this

1. DA
2. Divinity
3. IB
4. Remedy

Guilds are individually responsible for their own tracking and mob intel.
"No one told us it was up" is not an excuse.

Let's say IB, Divinity, and DA all have trackers in SolB, or intel on a Naggy pop. DA as first on the list has 5 minutes to decide if they will mobilize for Naggy, or pass.

If they mobilize, they have an hour to kill the target (if something has trash like a full zone pop in a plane this might have to be longer, also I'd include attempts that start before the end of that hour to wrap up). Choosing to mobilize for that target will drop them one spot beneath the lowest of the three that were present/aware of the spawn -- they have suicided to the bottom of those people on the list.

If the first guild passes it goes to the next guild down the list who has 5 minutes to decide if they will suicide, and so on.

If it gets to the bottom, obviously the guild at the bottom of those involved can take the raid target and they have nowhere to go. I seriously doubt that it makes it that far down the list though with so few targets in classic.

===

Do I like rotations? No, I think they're pants on head retarded. If I am going to see one implemented though I would want to see one that emphasized tracking and intel rather than OMG OUR TURN EVEN THO WE DIDN'T KNOW IT WAS UP.

Addendum: mobilization is important. If you can't get that shit down in an hour, or you opt to take the raid target but can't get enough people, sucks to be you -- you just suicided for no reason.
Necrod this idea because I do think it holds some interesting possibilities. The nice thing about this is that it is open to almost any encounter. I think the timers and whatnot could use some tweaking. However, it needs special cases and as of right now would have to have some sort of workable solution for Plane of Sky when it comes out.

I think we can come up with some good ideas, here. I know some other solutions are in the works and at least this thread sparked the conversation.
Closed Thread